Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Crystal Cove Car Show - Every Sat, 7-9 AM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Crystal Cove Car Show - Every Sat, 7-9 AM

http://forums.crystalcovecars.com/

I am attending the Meguiar's car thing in Irvine this Sat, Mar 26. Have to be there early anyway, at least for me, 8:30 AM, so I may just be make it a really, really early moring and be at this thing which ElDiabloJoe posted (thanks ) in another thread.

Its absolutely a gorgeous view from this p. lot, like the best free view from a p.lot on the coast and its a huge lot with, usually, only a few cars parked toward the way back by the front of the stores! Major waste.

The Sat am thing is a good idea someone had. Feel so uninformed I am only finding out about it now, but it will be a good beginning to the Easter wknd

Thanks again Joe Diablo!

p.s. I was just told by Pacifc Whey, the best coffee place with the best sandwiches and bakery, that the cars do show up at around 7, but really don't leave until around 9:30 - 10 am.

Last edited by lisamcgu; 03-22-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Banned

your sister.
Well, cars show around 6-30ish. Some start leaving at 8-8:30. I'v been 4 or 5 times, pretty nice there. They will show up sooner since the sun comes out much earlier now. Im going to make a post in the section about it next week since ill have my new car then

If you want your car in the Main parking lot you will have to go at 630 7 to get a spot in tehre before they close it
Old 03-27-2005, 08:45 PM

Thumbs up pb speaks the truth

I was there at 6:45 am and had time to run into Starbucks and sit there at the table while all these cars starting pulling in, like on que. It was as if they stopped and met somewhere else even earlier (!) and all came together.

Best to try to get there just a tad earlier, park in the middle section across from Starbucks and Pacific Whey, where its coned off, go into one of the coffee shops, grab a drink and sit at a table out front and watch everyone pull in. Try and stand in the lot instead, and you will just be in the way, deserving to get run over.

Then join the casual, upscale crowd walking their dogs, etc. strolling slowly and quietly around the two little lots (yes, that's it for the coned off spots, and they DO fill up and then that's it, you won't get to park in there as they block it off) admiring the best of the best. It was weird to be surrounded, like it was nothing, by the most exotic and gorgeous cars on the planet and doing so while strolling with my Venti Caffe Latte w/1 pump of Almond, warming my tummy with each drink as I was quietly and calmly being visually awestruck. What a great f**king way to spend the morning!

There was one guy that had his like 10 year old son there with him. The kid had a camera around his neck and a real wide eyed look on his face. What a killer idea! Didn't cost the dad a dime and the kid gets some great stories to tell, with photo proof, about how he was the only kid around who got to hang with the big boys. That day, for what I saw, that is what it mostly was, big boys with killer toys. A few women with their husbands and babies, probably down for their am coffee from the houses that surround the shopping center, but that boy was the only one his age I saw, the rest were over 30, 40 and 50

And alot of people there were walking around and had great cars, but didn't park in the coned off area. If there was just a plain Porsche, for instance, I didn't see it, or it was in the just regular parking area, not the show area. Instead I saw two Porsche Carrera GTs and a brand new with stickers still on the window (like mine) Carrera 5 parked next to me. Lots of Ferraris and totally restored older cars.

And as for MBs. Aside from one big black crashed up one, which had no business in the lots and looked stupid being there, there was mine and that was it. See, in Newport, MBs are most people's everyday car and a dime a dzn. Mine is new with stickers still on the window, and a car you don't see around that much, so it got alot of attn as not many have seen it yet, but have heard of it and were happy to finally get a close up.

I really enjoyed this! Thanks guys who told me about it
Old 03-27-2005, 10:20 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Nice story lisa. If you'll be around, which I don't think you will since you told me you're going on vacation. Me, sean and others will be there next week bright and early.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
chris you guys are going next weekend, april 2nd?
Old 03-28-2005, 09:34 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Yup Doug, we're going this weekend.

https://mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/102926-crystal-cove-ihop-gtg-saturday-april-2nd.html
Old 03-30-2005, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Look what i found.

http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/cc32605?page=7
Old 03-30-2005, 01:33 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
hahaha there's Lisas car.

Oh man I love that Challenge Stradalle especially in that blue.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:33 PM

Talking

MY CAR!!!

Thanks for finding this site. The person made it look so good.