Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

San Diego (Encinitas) MB / AMG Meet - 9th JULY - 2PM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I'm in Texas.
So am "I" Sa-Town, that it "Go-Spurs"
Old 07-11-2005, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Those are some "Sweet" pics and thanx for sharing.
You guys and women have all the fun in California
Old 07-11-2005, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
we have it good out here. great variety of MB's in awesome condition.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C230
We made it back alive!!!!

We started driving back at about 2:00 am on sunday, I could only drive about 30 minutes and had to take a nap, I slept until about 5 (my alarm went off). I look over and there is a cop about 6 feet away from my door (drivers side). He eventually gets out and comes and asks us whats going on, I tell him that we were taking a nap. He asked for my liscence and registration. then I told him that we were up from albuquerque, just visiting and on our way home and needed a nap, he quickly said have a nice night and just took off like a bat outta hell.

kinda funny.

It was nice meeting you all, I will have an interesting next couple of days figuring out who is who on here....

Tyson
Old 07-11-2005, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
hey Tyson,

doug here. glad you made it back in one piece. you should have stayed in SD and checked out the sites a bit. either way, glad you made it back and thanks for making the trek out to SD from NM for the meet. it was a great turn out!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:35 PM

I drive a E55T, SLK55 and 65 Mustang Conv.
I was beginning to thinkmaybe Jim was at a different show but the nose of my E showed up in a photo of a line of E's Great photo's guys!
Old 07-11-2005, 08:00 PM

Talking

YAH - where are those pics of the wagon?? I forgot my camera or I would have done a fine job documenting its attendance. Seeing it for the first time is a treat. Extra special - thanks for buying it so we could enjoy it!!

Now for THANKS!!

In no order -

sdsilverm3 - great, sharp pics. Love the one with my baby under the blue sky and I am actually in the picture and not ruining it too bad

MB Rep Guy Michael - Thanks twice 2 for the tips and tricks. My life is that much more pleasant now that I don't have to play games with the seat each time and the back window trick pulls the look of the car together just that much more - THANKS!!!

Wolf - Thanks for going to that poopy and farty show with me. I was worried it was boring and tiring but it you had the energy to stop and gamble, great - did you win anything?? Oh, and thanks for the cool new logo I get on my stereo now when I turn it on. Very nice. Of course, waiting that 5 minutes really took quite a bit off my life expectancy ...

Lady Wolf - Thanks for letting me borrow your husband!!!

rammbs - Coolest name sheets!! That was a big job and it was cool to see the handles with the cars - perfect! And the pics you took of my car came out great - thanks!

ChrisDPham - thanks for posting that video I took on the fwy ... Oh, wait ... that's not the one I took, still waiting

RedMongoosE - Ugh, I can't believe I forgot my camera. And, missed the best photo ops but you saved me and stepped right up to take some pics for me - THANKS!!!

Let's see, I know there's someone else ... OH YEAH!!

Hey Carlos! THANKS for organizing the best f***'n meet this board has ever seen!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 08:07 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
hey now lisa! I already talked about those videos and why they can't be hosted...well...they could be hosted but no one will be able to play them correctly.

Blame the video formet.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:11 PM

Talking

Okay. I forgot. Technology, bad

Plus, on the way back from the last meet, you took that killer pic on the fwy with my baby's butt bouncing off the sunset. My fav pic ever taken. That was you, right?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by lisamcgu
Hey Carlos! THANKS for organizing the best f***'n meet this board has ever seen!!!
Wish i could've said the same thing when we were paying the pizza bill at the end. LOL I felt sorry for that waitress. Think you confused her too much lisa! LOL :p
Old 07-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
hey now lisa! I already talked about those videos and why they can't be hosted...well...they could be hosted but no one will be able to play them correctly.

Blame the video formet.
Hey Chris,

Can't play that video rar format? What's the deal? How do i play it?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:19 PM

That was soooo my fault!!!

I take full responsibility!

When I got there, like, only 2 or 3 tables were pushed together and I told the guys already there to push more together instead of sticking with the plan I relayed!

Sure enough. The waitress even said the reason she wanted everyone on one check - like we would NOT have been if we kept the tables separate - was so she could add the 18% gratuity! So don't feel too sorry for her.

She was really, really nice and I did overtip her alot so I wouldn't feel so bad about my dining partner's Harry Met Sally changes on our specialty pizza. He couldn't get it the way it came. The guy doesn't eat white sauce and needs 'regular' cheese - oh brother! With his taste buds and her IQ ... :p
Old 07-11-2005, 08:25 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Okay. I forgot. Technology, bad

Plus, on the way back from the last meet, you took that killer pic on the fwy with my baby's butt bouncing off the sunset. My fav pic ever taken. That was you, right?
Yup, That was me that took the picture of your car while we were stuck in traffic on the way home from Malibu. That's actually one of my favorite pictures too.

Originally Posted by JamE55
Hey Chris,

Can't play that video rar format? What's the deal? How do i play it?
Sorry about that! Right click and download this program.

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar35b7.exe

the rar format is a zipped file like winzip. There's two videos in there that's why. Just install that program and you'll be good to go.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Out Of Control!

He couldn't get it the way it came. The guy doesn't eat white sauce and needs 'regular' cheese - oh brother! With his taste buds and her IQ ... :p
lmao hahaha Vic + white sauce = Vic what'd you have to say about that? LOL
Old 07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
That is so my luck. The best effing meet yet and I couldn't make it!!!! Glad it was good time. Congrats.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Let's see, I know there's someone else ... OH YEAH!!

Thanks Lisa !
I am soooo happy everyone had a good time.
I was on a total HIGH all night Saturday & Sunday.....
I stayed up all Saturday night, through Sunday morning to catch the British Grand Prix at 4:30am ! McLaren-Mercedes got 1st & 3rd, so just made my weekend that much better !

For our next BIG meet in Irvine, (late Sept / early Oct), would like to start putting together an organizing committee to better plan and execute these gigantic meets. First of all, I would like to set a goal of 100+ MB's.
But, I would also like to nominate the following individuals to be on the organizing committe:
- BenzoBoi
- rammbs
- lisamcgu
- ChrisDPham
- AMG_Eric
- Justinius7

by dividing up the jobs / requirements for a huge meet, I think we can pull something off that has really never been seen before. What do you think ?

Another quick question:
did you guys mind having the CLASSIC MB's there from the Mercedes-Benz Club of America ? I know they are mostly much older folk, but I personally thought it really made this a true MB event. What were your thoughts ?

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 07-11-2005, 08:41 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Woooooooooooooo! I'm Nominated.

My thoughts about the MBCA sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C230
I might even be up for making a good trek again.....depends on if I get enough time to get caught up on sleep etc.

Tyson
Old 07-11-2005, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
carlos thx for the nod.

carlos take a look at this post https://mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/113700-caravaning-clubbing-dining-dancing.html

maybe we can put these 2 ideas together. i know the single guys here need to tone it down a bit but maybe a well organized meet in say irvine spectrum p-lot then a drive up to ruth chris or a nice place to eat in newport beach might be just the ticket. there are plenty of places in newport beach that have big p-lots and good places to eat.

i am saddened that i didnt get to chat with you. i was only there for an hour or so and had to run down to TJ for paint. i hung out with Ggirl and her sister later on and it gave me the inspiration for the idea i posted above. they were such pleasant people i thought to myself we should all take over a sit down place and just hang out. it would be a great excuse to bring the wives. i know the wives get left out a lot and this would give them an appreciation for what we do. its not just about the cars. its also about the awesome people.

maybe we could get lexani to fire up the italian crew again. he did a good job of wrangling people it was caravan that had the challenge.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
hi Eric,
yeah, I was too busy meeting too many new people, and didn't really get to sit down and just mingle... I miss that part of the meets....
Your idea is good. Just be careful. As a meet organizer, I do know that too many meets too close to each other, just scares everyone away. When we first started doing this about 2 years ago, it seems like 1 really big meet every 2-3 months is optimal / ideal. This gets the largest responses and attendance.

However, getting together for dinner / clubbing is fun too, and you don't need 50+ people to sign up. It's better to do those on a more local scale, then have people driving 100+ miles.

I'm not into the mixed marque meet thing. I'll go to a EURO meet, but I won't organize one. I'll stick to MB meets only. The LEXANI fiasco is just a prime example of why. When you start mixing up the marques, everyone wants to go on a showmanship / one-up, and just kills the mood. If people want to race SL's vs Lambos and Ferraris vs AMG's.... that's great. But an MB meet is not the place to do that. Lexani is a good guy, but I think the "wow" factor is what drove all the frenzy, and after all was said and done, most people came out VERY dissatisfied with the overall "meet/cruise".

As you know, my next organized BIG meet I'm planning for is in late Sept / early Oct in Irvine somewhere. I would love to get together with you, ChrisDPham, Rammbs, Lisamcgu, BenzoBoi & Justinius7 at a local restaurant (conveniently located for all of us), so that we can discuss the planning and execution of our next meet. Anyone else would be welcome of course, as help is always needed. Thinking of doing this in early August sometime. Also, I think if all 7 of us got together, we can lay out ideas such as these on the table, and get a better understanding of how meet dynamics work, and the timing / event planning involved.
Don't want to over-do this meet thing, after all, it's all about having fun & meeting people. But if it is not organized correctly, it just turns out to be a floozie GTG.

Let me know your thoughts... and we can work something together for the benefit of all !

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 07-11-2005, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by godsquad_c230
I might even be up for making a good trek again.....depends on if I get enough time to get caught up on sleep etc.

Tyson
Tyson, thanks soooo much for the long trek out to San Diego.
I'm Carlos, by the way, with the silver wanna-be AMG Coupé.
I hope you guys had an enjoyable time in San-Dog, and can make it out this way again, when we have the 3rd Annual San Diego MB / AMG Summer Meet.
What was your friend's name again ?

Our next BIG event, is tentatively planned for late Sept / early October up in Irvine (Orange County) to coincide with the grand opening of the Mercedes-Benz Classic Center. Hopefully, you guys can make it out for that one, of course, let us know, so someone can hook you up with a place to stay or at least help you get some ZZZZZ's before you drive too much !

Next time, I'll definitely have a prize for the attendees from the furthest place !!

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 07-11-2005, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Saprissa
hi Eric,
However, getting together for dinner / clubbing is fun too, and you don't need 50+ people to sign up. It's better to do those on a more local scale, then have people driving 100+ miles.

I'm not into the mixed marque meet thing. I'll go to a EURO meet, but I won't organize one. I'll stick to MB meets only. The LEXANI fiasco is just a prime example of why. When you start mixing up the marques, everyone wants to go on a showmanship / one-up, and just kills the mood. If people want to race SL's vs Lambos and Ferraris vs AMG's.... that's great. But an MB meet is not the place to do that. Lexani is a good guy, but I think the "wow" factor is what drove all the frenzy, and after all was said and done, most people came out VERY dissatisfied with the overall "meet/cruise".
excellent point. i will highly consider that. maybe what we could do is wait til end of sept/ early oct and plan a great meet then plan a great dinner get together directly after the meet. i for one am against all this standing in a p-lot for hours on end and getting sun burned. i got sooo burned its kinda funny. now i get look at the redneck comments.

we might get 75 peeps again at the car rally/meet and maybe 30 to the dinner. as i said b4 i had the best time hanging out with Ggirl and her friends after the meet. i learned a lot and got to appreciate things a little differently.

i am all game for a dinner to plan the event. name the time and place.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:37 PM

Thumbs up

A Meet to plan the Meet - I'm up for it!

Perhaps we can meet in Dana Pt or something, and I have an inexpensive family Italian restaurant in mind. Can we use my credit card for the miles? Its 20 miles per dollar spent! Its right near the part of PCH where it meets the 5 fwy so not one person has to endure a super horrible long drive from SD and such, just kinda horrible

Or, if you don't want to drive, Carlos, we could meet near any of the train stations, like SJC at that restaurant right there, or Irvine and one of us could pick your butt up to go over to Spectrum for dinner, or Anaheim and we could go to a place near the Stadium?

Let us know when you want to get together. I have guests in Jul 22-24, and am in Vegas Jul 26-30, but other than that, open til the end of August.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Thanks for the nomination Carlos. I'm down to help in anyway I can. I think if we get a couple of the big players we can set up a meet WAY bigger then this one.

As far as the older mercedes opps I mean "Classics" I don't mind them at all. I actually had an older couple come up to me and ask me about my drop. She drove the R129 SL and he drove the R230 SL55. I think it's good to see the young and the old mercedes crowd.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

awesome guys/gals....
let me get in touch with Justin, Chris, Ram, and Sun,
and pick a really good time. Your suggestion Lisa, already sounds like a winner.

let's try to do this first/second week of August.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: San Diego (Encinitas) MB / AMG Meet - 9th JULY - 2PM