Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

renting out laguna seca??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
renting out laguna seca??

i heard that it is 3.5K to rent out LS for a day. how many people would be interested in chipping in for a day at laguna?? i think it would be awsome- an MBworld day at LS.......ahhhhhh

Mark
Old 10-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Originally Posted by RedMongoosE
i heard that it is 3.5K to rent out LS for a day. how many people would be interested in chipping in for a day at laguna?? i think it would be awsome- an MBworld day at LS.......ahhhhhh

Mark
hol;y ****en **** !! im hella down ! i was thinking of going there this weekend ! but i guess i can wait a few weeks!!!! to get more pp to go !
Old 10-20-2005, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Thumbs up

im down
can other makes of cars come??
my friends got an evo and my brothers got an m3, id love to race them both and show them AMG power...hehehe
Old 10-20-2005, 10:13 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Hmm...If things turn out right with this, I'm willing to throw some money down for this.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:15 PM

I'm down if its on the right day. Maybe we can turn it into a NorCal v. SoCal meet. :v
Old 10-20-2005, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by TMans
I'm down if its on the right day. Maybe we can turn it into a NorCal v. SoCal meet. :v
norcal doesnt stand a chance if i show up
Old 10-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by AMG_55
norcal doesnt stand a chance if i show up
lol bring it on !! we have to drive equal machniery though!
Old 10-20-2005, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by egutie6970
lol bring it on !! we have to drive equal machniery though!
im game 4 whatever
i smoked 360's, turbos, z06's, evo's... throught the corners (on the street)
in a slower, heavier, more luxurious car (clk55) with an auto

ive never been to a track but im sure i'll get used to it quickly.

lets do this

by the way i looked at ur profile after i 1st posted so here is an addition
kimi mclaren 2006 wc

Last edited by AMG_55; 10-20-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s

Mark
hold your horses. i was talking with brad at evosport today and him and i want to put together a track day at willow springs. it will include catering and instructors. willow is a lot closer. he said that he rents the big track once a month for evosport.

we are thinking if we can get 40 people to sign up it will only be around $350 a person for a day long event with food and instructors.

i am thinking the spring because my friend is buying a porsche 911 turbo that he wants to setup for racing. i know of 5 people and we need 40. tony wants to bring the ferrari and the slk. brad and simon will go. i will go and my friend with the porsche will go. if you want to help me organize this pm me.

lets try and work this out for feb. it will be a euro event. instead of a mbz only event. reason being is i dont see 40 mbz people coughing up $350 for a 1 day event.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Banned

F248 F1
im game 4 whatever
i smoked 360's, turbos, z06's, evo's... throught the corners (on the street)
in a slower, heavier, more luxurious car (clk55) with an auto

ive never been to a track but im sure i'll get used to it quickly.

lets do this

by the way i looked at ur profile after i 1st posted so here is an addition
kimi mclaren 2006 wc
hahaha same here hahaha i practice on mtn driving im pretty damn good i did track racing got my license and stuff but parents never back me up --they dont like motor sports im a hardcore tifotsi hahaha my fav driver of course is MS--we will take it to the track hahaha pp cant keep up with my with my hybrid around turns hahaha but on teh straight they hecka catcup but i dont punch it---lets put it this way turns turn me on hahaha man its nice meeting someone just like me hahaha i guess it be awsome seeing whos better hahaha---cheers for the best driver!! hopefully we do, do this mate --btw i will probably be taking my 2001 gmc and my benz for the track since--my benz will give me advance on overall speed and aceleration but the truck isnt so far off but way better handeling lol--id take the hybrid since i have been pratcting how to corner with that car-i found the extreme limit on that --jeezz so nice--haha although i take reallllyyy fast through the turns i even lose the back end!!! it cant keep up with me for some odd reason --for example today i went mtn racing during my break jezz i did a 4 mile stretch in about 4 mins of curvy roads---insane man--ill take pics tomorrow of the place so you guys can see how bad it is and i hecka manage to take those turns on avg of 60mph!

MICHEAL SCHUMACHER WDC IN 2006, FOR HIS 8TH TIME IN HIS CAREER!

remind me to take my ferrari clothing

btw i love kimi hahaha my 2nd fav driver -along with JPM

Last edited by egxpimp; 10-20-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
it would cost 14K to rent out willow springs? damn. for the Weekend at LS its 4.5.( 3.5 is for week day.)

think of it this way.

40 euro cars @ 350/day at WS
or
40ish MBZ and frineds @ 113/day. at LS.

im not trying to argue, but i know that extra 215$ can go far.

arnt some euro car people kinda ****s? i think it would be cool if it was just MBworld (and some friends of members of mbworld)
just throwing an idea out.

Mark
Old 10-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

F248 F1
yea i have always wanted to race on lagune seca, but whatever the outcome is i guess ill go to the ohter one although id prefer benz only since we can relate hahaha
Old 10-21-2005, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
it would cost 14K to rent out willow springs? damn. for the Weekend at LS its 4.5.( 3.5 is for week day.)

think of it this way.

40 euro cars @ 350/day at WS
or
40ish MBZ and frineds @ 113/day. at LS.

im not trying to argue, but i know that extra 215$ can go far.

Mark
if you go with $113 a person you are also not providing food OR instructors.

for the extra $215 you get:
racing instructors
real competition
exclusive use of the track
savings of about $200 in gas driving to laguna seca
savings of about $200-$1000 in NOT having to book a hotel room
Cattered breakfast and lunch
a savings of 8 hours of your life driving to laguna seca
use of the BIG track at willow springs
not having to drive your car almost 800 miles round trip
not blowing your whole weekend

to me not having to drive 800 miles and stay in a hotel is worth $200 bux.

laguna seca is not around the corner. i bet vic can get to willow in under 30 min from his house.

arnt some euro car people kinda ****s? i think it would be cool if it was just MBworld (and some friends of members of mbworld)
just throwing an idea out.
mb people can also be ****s. it doesnt matter what car you drive anyone can be a ****. if you just want mbworld people you will have to rule out the guys at evosport because they race beemers. additionally quality people I know wont make it because they dont drive the car that was never meant to go around a track. mbz's are nice and comfy however very few are race toys. the slk55 weights 4,000 lbs alone. also keep in mind only 150 mbz attended the oktoberfest. so 1/3 of them would have to commit ahead of time with cash to be there on track day. i believe it wasnt til the weekend b4 oktoberfest did we get 100 people signed up (and no money had to change hands).

iif you open it up to euros then you could also invite your buddy with the m3. if you do an exclusive mbz day then you need to find 40 people to go to your event. brad says they normally have 20 people show up but its far more expensive per person.

btw i never took it as you were argueing. a normal adult discussion doesnt equate to an arguement in my world.

Last edited by AMG_Eric; 10-21-2005 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
Originally Posted by egutie6970
yea i have always wanted to race on lagune seca, but whatever the outcome is i guess ill go to the ohter one although id prefer benz only since we can relate hahaha

that is the point i am trying to get across.

if a bunch of unwanted bmws, NSX, and what ever come, becase they call them selfs **EurO** then there would be a hell of a lot of negitivity and a lot of unfriendly compition. but if it is just wanted people Ex:" hey this is my friend Tom with the 996TT." then its like "great to meet you". but if there are 15 BMWs there, then we will have our little pride battles. and IMO that would not be as much fun as racing around with fellow MBZ and frinds.
again just throwing it out there

Mark
Old 10-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Banned

F248 F1

if a bunch of unwanted bmws, NSX, and what ever come, becase they call them selfs **EurO** then there would be a hell of a lot of negitivity and a lot of unfriendly compition. but if it is just wanted people Ex:" hey this is my friend Tom with the 996TT." then its like "great to meet you". but if there are 15 BMWs there, then we will have our little pride battles. and IMO that would not be as much fun as racing around with fellow MBZ and frinds.

Mark
yea i agree with you i want to meet some of you guys!!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s

Mark
mark you are making is sound like adults cant get along. i am not interested in an event that has a bunch of people being ****s to one another. NSX's are not euro cars. Ferrari's, lambo's, bmw's, porsche's. mbz etc are euro cars. additionally you are not racing against a car. you are racing against a person.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
i know you remember lexanis meet at Fashion Island. it seemed that people we not very nice to eachother, and each type of car stayed with one and other. it felt like a very hostle envorment to me. what i was saying, is that if a person that posts on MB world, has a friend that would be interested in comming, that he could come. like my frined with the M3 and 996TT, i would invite them both.

Mark
Old 10-21-2005, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
mark you are making is sound like adults cant get along. i am not interested in an event that has a bunch of people being ****s to one another. NSX's are not euro cars. Ferrari's, lambo's, bmw's, porsche's. mbz etc are euro cars. additionally you are not racing against a car. you are racing against a person.
im not saying taht adults cant get along. IMO peole from the same community (mbWorld, TBG) and there affiliates get along much better, when they are by themselfs, then when they interact with oter comunities. they have a tendancy to stay with eachother again i will use LExs meet as an example.
again just givin my opinion,

Mark
Old 10-21-2005, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
i know you remember lexanis meet at Fashion Island. it seemed that people we not very nice to eachother, and each type of car stayed with one and other. it felt like a very hostle envorment to me. what i was saying, is that if a person that posts on MB world, has a friend that would be interested in comming, that he could come. like my frined with the M3 and 996TT, i would invite them both.

Mark
exactly what i mean. i am not suggesting a global mass approach to this. only 40 slots are available. i already know 5 people off the top of my head. you know 3-5 people also. so that is 10 people without even posting on mbworld, or benz world or 500ecstacy. i am sure brad and simon each have maybe 5 people in mind so now we are at 20 people.

i do agree that the lexani meet was lets just say not as friendly as it could of been. also KEEP IN MIND this is NOT a meet. this is a track day. we will be eating together no matter what brand of car you drive. the instructors will work with you no matter what car you drive. hell you might just learn that the only car in the world is NOT a MBZ. personally i want to see if tony's slk55 can turn a quicker time then his 360 modena CS.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
im not saying taht adults cant get along. IMO peole from the same community (mbWorld, TBG) and there affiliates get along much better, when they are by themselfs, then when they interact with oter comunities. they have a tendancy to stay with eachother again i will use LExs meet as an example.
again just givin my opinion,

Mark
i concur. however as i stated in my other post its not a meet where we drool and talk about our cars. its all about driving the beast you brought.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
exactly what i mean. i am not suggesting a global mass approach to this. only 40 slots are available. i already know 5 people off the top of my head. you know 3-5 people also. so that is 10 people without even posting on mbworld, or benz world or 500ecstacy. i am sure brad and simon each have maybe 5 people in mind so now we are at 20 people.

i do agree that the lexani meet was lets just say not as friendly as it could of been. also KEEP IN MIND this is NOT a meet. this is a track day. we will be eating together no matter what brand of car you drive. the instructors will work with you no matter what car you drive. hell you might just learn that the only car in the world is NOT a MBZ. personally i want to see if tony's slk55 can turn a quicker time then his 360 modena CS.
i know that the only car in the world is not an MBZ. im not dumb. i just cant spell.
Mark
Old 10-21-2005, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
mark i just saw you posting that you are going to that coffee shop thang. same idea as this one but we are going drive these biaches around the track.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i think different cars (not 2 many) will be good for comparison
as for ws or ls, i like ls because of the corkscrew, always wanted to drive it...
but im not down with paying morethan a couple hundred $... i rather stick to mountain roads and take my chances, they get the adrenalin pumpin like no track ever will (cops, traffic, cliffs/drops) u get the point.

and a question
why do we need instructors?
ill teach u for free
Old 10-21-2005, 02:26 AM
Banned

F248 F1
i think different cars (not 2 many) will be good for comparison
as for ws or ls, i like ls because of the corkscrew, always wanted to drive it...
but im not down with paying morethan a couple hundred $... i rather stick to mountain roads and take my chances, they get the adrenalin pumpin like no track ever will (cops, traffic, cliffs/drops) u get the point.

and a question
why do we need instructors?
ill teach u for free
haha word!!

haha man you and me would get along sooooo gooooooddd hahaha
Old 10-21-2005, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
seems like it
lets make this happen im down to go to a track and spend 150-200 $

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: renting out laguna seca??