Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

NJ/NY/PA Gathering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Erik - I'd love to do something like a tuner shop thing. But, you have to understand that most MB owners keep their cars stock, and usually could care less about meeting car nuts - unfortunately, it's a brand that generally does not encourage that kind of ownership. And CA is where most of those people who care are.

Now, having said that, I start working in Mahwah on Monday, and there's a shop just over the border in Monsey (NY Rte 59) - Rapid Parts (or, it seems it's also called Rapid Autowerks now - looks like a silly trend); they appear to be starting to offer MB stuff (mostly VW/Audi now). Anyway, they sponsor Waterfest, a VW event, so they might be interested in working on an MB event. I'll go over there soon.

Oh, and the Bear Mtn. meet last summer did have about 30 or so cars, so it was better-attended. I did post something over at benzworld about our meet, and have had absolutely no interest.

It's a far cry from the Niagra crx meets that I go to every June - well over 100 crxes at the same time. Very cool! Just won't happen with our cars, sadly.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel-

I don't understand the refusal to travel either. I'll drive 4 hours in any direction just to have some fun. Boston, Baltimore, Pittsburgh... That is half the fun...
Old 04-17-2003, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally posted by nukblazi
Travel-

I don't understand the refusal to travel either. I'll drive 4 hours in any direction just to have some fun. Boston, Baltimore, Pittsburgh... That is half the fun...
Well if your new "friends" from Rt 46 are coming, I predict an increase in interest.

Old 04-17-2003, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
I completely agree with most of the comments. I know that even the casual driver likes to have custom rims. Rims do cost a few thousand a set and it might be motivation to have a shop host the meets.

In my case, the shop was open, didn't provide anything except the parking lot, and sold plenty of items, even keychains and such.

Please don't think I am looking down on the meet in any respect, I am just trying to give some advice/help from someone who was in your position a few years back.

I look forward to meeting eveyone and hope that I can be valuable in helping organize a larger meet.

(One meet we did have that attracted a large crowd was our meet at Woodbury Commons in NY. Its a large outlet mall for those that don't know. Basically the men showed up with their families, who went shopping all day. It worked out real well, except we had some issues with security {they wouldn't let our hoods/trunks remain open, or people to sell mods and whatnot}. Since we came as a large group we were able to get exclusive coupon and discount books for the stores...like I said it was really nice. I am throwing this out just to get the ideas flowing. It something special when you see 150+ people with the same interest having fun.)

Erik
Old 04-17-2003, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by RBrenton88
Well if your new "friends" from Rt 46 are coming, I predict an increase in interest.

lol- Maybe we could add a post bbq cruise to Burboun on Rt. 9!

I don't think anyone is against Tuner, Shop, or dealership inclusion. I just don't know of anything else beyond CEC that sells Mercedes tuning equip around here. Tommy- we could work on putting together a list and try to do something lager, maybe even in conjunction with tifosiv122 for memorial day. Somewhere down by the shore.

I could use a give-away, particularly a set of H&R coilovers....
Old 04-21-2003, 07:14 AM

All of them, as much as I can...
Sunday's a bust for me now

Just got an assignment from da boss...
b-day party for my 12 year old...
bummed out, unless shifted to Sat...

Ray
Old 04-22-2003, 08:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Ray, that's a shame. Can I come out there and drive the mini anyway? :p

I have no problem with switching it to Saturday, but I don't know what the general consensus (sp?) would be.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by tommy

I have no problem with switching it to Saturday, but I don't know what the general consensus (sp?) would be.
I think I'm out for Sat, its a bit short notice, but im not 100% sure. If everyone else can make it saturday, go ahead and switch the day.

Erik
Old 04-22-2003, 09:15 AM

02' c230
I have not read this post in awhile since I can not make it this weekend. I would be able to have a event up here at CEC/Lorinser in teterboro if interested. I am sure I could get some of our local distributors inloved. Let me know if there is an interest, I would be happy to do it since I am missing this weekend.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by KMAN
I have not read this post in awhile since I can not make it this weekend. I would be able to have a event up here at CEC/Lorinser in teterboro if interested. I am sure I could get some of our local distributors inloved. Let me know if there is an interest, I would be happy to do it since I am missing this weekend.
I'm all in, and offer any help you need. BTW, I spoke to Matt, he is giving me a price.

Thanks,
Erik
Old 04-22-2003, 09:27 AM

All of them, as much as I can...

You really should...
this thing's not like the old Minis we know. I just put a K&N, catback DTM exhaust and Minilite 13s with Dunlops and the thing hauls a--. It's probably pulling 70 HP but with only 1300 lbs, feels like the AMG's 345 HP... almost.

PS. I DID hug the CLK last night.

Ray:p
Old 04-22-2003, 01:39 PM

2003 C230K
so what is the up to date facts on this meet?

I don't feel like driving all over Jerze lookin' for a bunch of Benz's all weekend.....:p
Old 04-22-2003, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Let's stick to the original plan...Sunday at Roosevelt Park. We can always find an excuse to do another. They don't have to be 9 months apart all the time.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:34 PM

2003 ML500
Mannn Stop yer crying

Originally posted by DIRKDIGLER
so what is the up to date facts on this meet?

I don't feel like driving all over Jerze lookin' for a bunch of Benz's all weekend.....:p
You can stop yer crying some of us have to drive from north jerzee down there unlike some of you that can spit on the park from yer house
whats the deal man how ya been?
Old 04-22-2003, 06:18 PM

CLK 550
How long y'all gonna be out there? I may try and swing down, but I won't be able to make it until later in the afternoon.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Originally posted by atl2nyc
How long y'all gonna be out there? I may try and swing down, but I won't be able to make it until later in the afternoon.
That depends heavily on whether or not you are an atractive female.

I'm sure some of us will be there for a few hours, or until we run out of beer.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Ok, it was just a thought to move the meet to Saturday, to honor our oldest member , so don't get your panties in a twist.

Sounds like there will be a lot of beer, so yeah, we might be there a while.

Think I'll take Erik's suggestion and start an "offical" thread with the cumulative info on it, so that we can determine food/potable needs.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Ok, it was just a thought to move the meet to Saturday, to honor our oldest member , so don't get your panties in a twist.

Sounds like there will be a lot of beer, so yeah, we might be there a while.

Think I'll take Erik's suggestion and start an "offical" thread with the cumulative info on it, so that we can determine food/potable needs.
May also want to cross post in some of the model-specific areas in case others miss it, though I'd be afraid of overdoing it.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cross-posting

I duplicated the official thread at bnzsport and csportcoupe. Any other forums that should be hit?

Anyone who wants to kick me for my obnoxious posts look for the dork in the ccoupe with MASS-hole plates and the tattoos.

I unfortunately won't have the H&R coilovers by this meet. No $$$$! Still jobless!

Last edited by nukblazi; 04-23-2003 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:42 AM

2003 C230K
Re: Mannn Stop yer crying

Originally posted by XtacyOD
You can stop yer crying some of us have to drive from north jerzee down there unlike some of you that can spit on the park from yer house
whats the deal man how ya been?
chillin'
everything's lookin' good. (besides for the fact the car has been in the dealer since last Thur. A/C problems.) that's okay though, I have this c240 4matic that I've been beating the crap out of for the last week, if anything I'll drive that, or just take my bike if it's nice. I hope to have my car back by then though.

Is the ML still in one piece?:p
Old 04-23-2003, 08:54 AM

2003 ML500
Re: Re: Mannn Stop yer crying

Originally posted by DIRKDIGLER
chillin'
everything's lookin' good. (besides for the fact the car has been in the dealer since last Thur. A/C problems.) that's okay though, I have this c240 4matic that I've been beating the crap out of for the last week, if anything I'll drive that, or just take my bike if it's nice. I hope to have my car back by then though.

Is the ML still in one piece?:p
Yeah its still in one piece but that has to go into the shop too but i dont know how long its going to be in there.. and i wanted to have my truck this weekend so ive been procrastinating.. im getting a serious vibration in the front end when im cruising along on the parkway.. or any nice flat road at that.. really quite annoying .. not to mention that i hear alot of rattling.. which i dont know if its normal for a 2003 ML with 13k miles on it.. sooooo ill be bringing it back in next week on monday to get it all fixed up.