Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
Extended Warranties

`

https://mbworld.org/forums/s55-amg-s...arranties.html

I will get it started -

Please share your questions - knowledge -

and your experiences be they good or bad -

about any and all Mercedes Benz models

as they relate to extended warranties -

I started looking for an extended warranty

for a 2006 S65 - which gave rise to the

above link -

Which gave rise to this sub-forum -

If you are posting about a company which

offers extended warranties - Please put

the name of the company in the Title box

as this may save members time when looking

" KNOWLEDGE is GOOD "

- Emil Faber said that -

Thank-You

`

Last edited by COOPERDB; 10-03-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Usaa
Car must be under 10 years old and under 80000 miles
Old 10-04-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'11 ML350
Beware of replacement parts

One caveat to watch for within the language of the contract is the source of replacement parts.

I had a warranty contract from a company a few years back on an older ML. Big company, tens of thousands of customers and a good reputation...for a while anyway.

Within the fine print it was stated any/all replacement parts would be provided by the warranty company from their own sources and shipped to the customer's repair shop.

I believe the verbiage used was "reclaimed" parts - in other words, parts gleaned from salvage yards.

Not a horrible remedy since you most likely will be receiving an original factory part, but it will also be used with an unknown amount of life remaining.

Once I needed an A/C compressor and my shop had to request a replacement for the replacement since the first one received/installed didn't work either. Car was in the shop about 2 weeks during this entire process.

Last edited by eeferber; 10-04-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
i thot Fidelity was pretty good, and i'm glad i had it.
one negative if you need car back is that often 1-2 days delay in getting their warranty guy to go visit dealer to approval. for me, not an issue since i've got several other cars, but imho, the V12TT should not be your (only) daily driver anyways.
also, with ABC, they will require a fluid flush within 1 yr as they consider that part of maintenance. i had the $250/visit deductible, but sometimes the dealer can work w/ you on that amount.
p.s. i'm very glad that i got to experience the V12TT, at least once in my life. that said, if a daily driver, i'd probably go w/ a W221 S63 as the update chassis/engine might be a better daily driver option.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

The information posted in this sub-forum

helps members to enjoy older Mercedes

without the worry of big ($$$) problems -

Even tho most of said worry is likely

launched from the mouths of people

who heard "This" somewhere -

Knowledge of Extended Warranties can only

make ownership more pleasant -

Thank -You bzliteyear and everyone else

who have posted their experiences good or bad

with an Extended Warranty -

And Thanks to all who ask questions -

Knowledge is Good ---

Last edited by COOPERDB; 11-17-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Fusion
If you are interested in receiving an extended coverage quote

If you are looking for extended coverage or a vehicle protection plan, look no further. Autopom is an accredited business by the BBB and has an A rating, along with an "A" rating from A.M. Best

We are not your typical vehicle protection plan provider (call center) we are a specialty agency, staffed with knowledgeable agents whom recognize the unique requirements of each of our clients.
Our mission is to make every client feel the peace of mind that comes from having the right vehicle protection plan at the right price.

If you are interested in obtaining a quote please feel free to message us with the year/make/model/mileage and your state of residency. We will be happy to send you a quote along with sample contract.

Feel free to contact us at (800) 724 8141 , or check out our website at http://www.extended-vehicle-warranty.com/

*Some Make/Model may not apply based on state/mileage/etc.*
Old 12-06-2014, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I'm looking at a used 2009 ML63 with 48K miles.
I called my insurance company, USAA, and found out they offer used car warranties.

For the 2009 ML63 they quoted me:

2 years/ 24K miles - $2,584

3 years/ 36K miles - $4,066

4 years/ 48K miles - $6,600

I didn't get too deep into the fine print just yet since I'm still negotiating with the dealership about the vehicle.
Note sure if those prices are good, but the nice thing is they will roll the cost of the warranty into their financing of the vehicle. or you can make monthly payments for the warranty.

I'm leaning towards the 3 year warranty.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:10 PM

2007 S550
Just picked up a 2007 S550 with 91,000 miles.
I'm looking for an extended warranty . I contacted one place so "Warranty Direct" .
They guy gave a great sales pitch as he was supposed to & made it all sound fantastic. I just don't know if he's legit or not. I'd hate to spend $7K for this and it's not worth it.
Any suggestions on a reputable warranty co that provides bumper to bumper covering Engine,Transmission , Electrical & Suspension ?
Old 07-24-2015, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Ford Fusion
Originally Posted by Damian Taylor
I'm looking for an extended warranty . I contacted one place so "Warranty Direct" .
They guy gave a great sales pitch as he was supposed to & made it all sound fantastic. I just don't know if he's legit or not. I'd hate to spend $7K for this and it's not worth it.
Any suggestions on a reputable warranty co that provides bumper to bumper covering Engine,Transmission , Electrical & Suspension ?
Hi Damien, my name is Dacey and I'm with Autopom. I have sold coverage to quite a few people on this forum and would be happy to provide you with a quote. We have many different coverage options varying in price depending on the type of coverage you are looking for. If you would like a quote please feel free to email me at dacey@autopom.com or call me direct at (800)724-8141 x8. In regards to Warranty Direct, I encourage you do some additional online research on their reputability by looking at the BBB complaints and checking them out on www.complaintsboard.com.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'11 ML350
Originally Posted by Damian Taylor
there are issues with EVERY 3rd party "warranty" company.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_...ty_direct.html