Exterior Parts The archived forum for exterior parts for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

AMG CF replica trunk spoiler from JBSpeed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 CLK 500
AMG CF replica trunk spoiler from JBSpeed

Bought this CF trunk spoiler from JBSpeed just over a month ago. Decided I dont like the CF look with my paint job so I am looking to get some money back so I can get a painted spoiler. I wont state what his price is new since he prefers to tell people in PM, but I will sell mine for $235 shipped. I will get pics up in the morning after I take my kids to school and get the car back from the dealer. It is not on the car as I took it off today to get it cleaned up and ready to sell.

Feel free to ask questions or PM if you want to purchase.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:32 AM

2004 CLK 500
$225 shipped. Spoiler is great. I will get pics up tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500
wut colors ur car?..wud u consider a trade and possibly som cash..mine is silver
Old 08-26-2009, 11:36 AM

2004 CLK 500
My color is pewter. I dont know if I would take a trade. It would possible depend on what the trade offer plus cash would be. PM me.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by BennyzGirl
My color is pewter. I dont know if I would take a trade. It would possible depend on what the trade offer plus cash would be. PM me.
mmm I was thinking to get a CF spoiler but now..... my car is also Pewter color thats why still not sure... how bad is it in pewter car ??
Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
What is the fitment on that ? 100% perfect ?

Andy
Old 08-27-2009, 05:37 PM

2004 CLK 500
Originally Posted by M-bENZ
What is the fitment on that ? 100% perfect ?

Andy
Not 100% perfect. I had mine as close to perfect as possible but would have needed some tweaking. I wasnt willing to do that so I will take a loss on it. If it sells.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:29 PM

2004 CLK 500
Pics added to help sale. Took a long time to get them up. Sorry. This is much cheaper than buying from JBSpeed, only because I need to get rid of it. I had some fitment issues but maybe its because I am not the bodyshop type person I thought I could be.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:54 AM

2004 CLK 500
Anybody want a spoiler? He seems to sell quite a few. Send me a reasonable offer as this is already prices well below what they sell for. It is brand new, on my car for 2 weeks. I need it gone before I move, I would rather not have to worry about it being shipped in a container. Make an offer above $200 and its yours.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:26 PM

2004 CLK 500
$210 shipped. Packing in 1 week and want to sell this to someone with better need than I. Buy one for your buddys birthday and a greatly reduced cost.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Can you kinda put it on the trunk so I can see the gap btwn the spoiler and the trunk (front, back and side angle) ? thats all im worry about.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 09-14-2009, 06:23 PM

2004 CLK 500
Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Can you kinda put it on the trunk so I can see the gap btwn the spoiler and the trunk (front, back and side angle) ? thats all im worry about.

Thanks,

Andy
I can, but it wont be the same as when it is down with the 3m tape. I will tell you it was competely secure, but it did have on each end about a 3 inch length gap that was no larger than 4mm up from the surface of the trunk. I will also send the excess 3M double sided tape as an incentive. That stuff is not cheap for a roll and there is about half of the roll left. Way more then enough to use with the spoiler. I dont know about others having this issue but I cant imagine any of them not having fitment issues to some degree. As I said I just am not willing to notch out the back to make it sit flush or have a body shop install it.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
I can, but it wont be the same as when it is down with the 3m tape. I will tell you it was competely secure, but it did have on each end about a 3 inch length gap that was no larger than 4mm up from the surface of the trunk. I will also send the excess 3M double sided tape as an incentive. That stuff is not cheap for a roll and there is about half of the roll left. Way more then enough to use with the spoiler. I dont know about others having this issue but I cant imagine any of them not having fitment issues to some degree. As I said I just am not willing to notch out the back to make it sit flush or have a body shop install it.
The one I had right now have the same problem thats why Im worried.

Andy
Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM

2004 CLK 500
Yeah, its whomever he buys from. It sucks.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
when you say a 3 inch gap. you mean its 3 inches short from the edge of the trunk when you have it on? I'm not clear on that. thanks.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 PM

2004 CLK 500
Yes if you went from the edge of the spoiler inside for a 3inch length that is where it would not be fully intact. It would be raised slightly by that 4mm gap until it went further towards the middle at which point you would have full contact on the trunk. It is possible without modification to have the spoiler be intact all the way across the top of the trunk, however the bottom portion of the spoiler would not contact the lower portion of the trunk. I didnt like how you could tell with the trunk up it had a large gap underneath, but with the trunk closed you couldnt tell it was not making contact.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:43 PM

GT3, GTR, 570S
why are you selling it? is it because of the fitment issue or not? at first you said it was because you wanted something different. then you stated that you were not willing to modify your car to make this spoiler fit.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:59 PM

2004 CLK 500
I said I was not willing to modify the spoiler to make it fit not the other way around. I am selling it first because of the CF look. I thought I would like it but I dont. The fitment for most would not be an issue I assume. I dont know how many spoilers he has sold but I would say he has sold many. I cant imagine the fitment would be that big of a difference between spoilers coming from the same supplier so chances are people either had them installed by a professional or they are better at body work than I am. I will say the fitment was an issue for me but I could live with how I had it installed. It really wasnt an issue. The CF was the issue for me.

I am not going to sell the product with out telling people that there is an issue with the fitment because I am not that type of seller. I would hope that would show me in some respect as a seller not looking to gain for someone else buying a product they would be disatisfied with. I am taking a loss if I am able to sell this. Otherwise I will get with JBspeed once again and see what happens. This is a better deal then you can get with him and its the same exact thing you would buy from him new with the same potential issues.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 PM

2004 CLK 500
$200 SHIPPED.

Just want it gone. JBSpeed in my book is not a good seller as I have tried to get this resolved through him and also by letting others know that there is a fitment issue. This spoiler does have issues. I know that is the big hang up for purchasing this spoiler. I still dont like the CF look so that is the main reason I am selling it, I was dealing with the fact that it was not fitting properly without modification. If anyone has more questions feel free to ask. Pictures are still good for how it looks.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:02 PM
SPONSOR

Received 50 Likes on 50 Posts
Lexus NX200T F-Sport AWD
I said I was not willing to modify the spoiler to make it fit not the other way around. I am selling it first because of the CF look. I thought I would like it but I dont. The fitment for most would not be an issue I assume. I dont know how many spoilers he has sold but I would say he has sold many. I cant imagine the fitment would be that big of a difference between spoilers coming from the same supplier so chances are people either had them installed by a professional or they are better at body work than I am. I will say the fitment was an issue for me but I could live with how I had it installed. It really wasnt an issue. The CF was the issue for me.

I am not going to sell the product with out telling people that there is an issue with the fitment because I am not that type of seller. I would hope that would show me in some respect as a seller not looking to gain for someone else buying a product they would be disatisfied with. I am taking a loss if I am able to sell this. Otherwise I will get with JBspeed once again and see what happens. This is a better deal then you can get with him and its the same exact thing you would buy from him new with the same potential issues.

i have just checked out the pics. nothing wrong with the fitment. you just need to use the adhensive and tape it down, then wait until the adhensive get dry, then it will fit fine
Old 09-19-2009, 05:35 PM

2004 CLK 500
Then I guess there is no fitment issue. However its impossible to have non plyable material move and when it is a hard plastic that the bulk of the spoiler is it cannot conform to the trunk. For $200 bucks you decide if its worth the money. Here are the exact pics I showed him with it being on the car without adhesive.

What JBSpeed fails to realize is that there is not enough curve with the front of the spoiler to roll over the edge of the trunk. That is obvious in the first picture. I am obviously not going to be able to sell this spoiler because I am being honest about how it fits.

Last edited by BennyzGirl; 09-19-2009 at 06:53 PM.