Exterior Parts The archived forum for exterior parts for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: E63 AMG Cluster Speedometer W211

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:00 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
MB
FS: E63 AMG Cluster Speedometer W211

Up for sale is a 2006 E63 AMG Cluster, what I'm asking is what I pay for $550.00 + $15.00 shipping, I got this for my E63 conversion but I don't know how to reprogram milage , unit have 4,571.8 miles, to test I connect this unit in my E55, everything work, start the car and everything work, RPM, speedometer, signals, screen, steering wheel buttons comand, reset button, oil temp, all lights... plug and play, but..... milage stay at 4,571.8 also I have one malfuntion... is "pre-safe inoperative" when I do a search, this malfuntion could be distronic sensors dirty or problem related with distronic... I do not have distronic so I believe that I got this malfuntion for this reason, please check pictures, Odometer have some scratches on face but you can easily replace the front face from your old one, paypal payment accepted as a gift or you pay 2% paypal fees, no returns (I try to be very accurate / honest in my description) any question just let me know, you may or may not have any other malfuntion or not malfuntion at all but I'm possitive that you will have the same low milage from cluster, program or reprogram is your responsability sold AS IS what you see is what you get also if you know who can re-program the milage and erase distronic program let me know (I will keep it !! )
Attached Thumbnails FS: E63 AMG Cluster Speedometer W211-019.jpg   FS: E63 AMG Cluster Speedometer W211-012.jpg   FS: E63 AMG Cluster Speedometer W211-013.jpg   FS: E63 AMG Cluster Speedometer W211-015.jpg   FS: E63 AMG Cluster Speedometer W211-017.jpg  

FS: E63 AMG Cluster Speedometer W211-018.jpg  

Last edited by wally AMG; 01-06-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
i'd be all over this but probably have same problem you would.....E55 cluster is way nicer anyways... good luck!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
It's my understanding that the IC can not be recoded. Sorry.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:18 AM

MB
I guess I will keep it.... I will post result.... A guy in San Diego said he can reprogram this cluster to work on my E55 (milage and erase malfuction, re-program w/o distronic), he do alot of re-programs with SDS... will see what happend.... some people say it is possible but alot of work with SDS, some German sites state that it's possible... I know what you mean.... I read all post about replace cluster, the work steve do with this clusters, etc. (I was in contact with him but he have no plans to be in SoCal soon, he was last November I guess) alot of people just "believe" that this cluster don't work at all.... well everything work on me, except one malfuntion + milage, I will give a try with the SDS if work I will post all details (if this guy is agree with that... at the end will be his work) also he toll me if he don't let this cluster work I don't have to pay a penny.... good deal... This will be a Challenge !! If I can do this will be the end of the E63 incompatibility with E55!! if not, I will confirm that...
Old 01-08-2011, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
I have an SDS. The SDS can program a NEW IC, but not a used one. A speedometer place would be your best bet. Please let us know what you find out.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:15 AM

MB
What about using SDS with Developer kit access? doing a search the developer kit access do a crazy things... also with access to German Vdok SCN database even better, what I understand this is just in German lenguage, this is not standar on SDS I guess....
Old 01-08-2011, 02:34 AM

MB
BINGO !!!
DAS Developer Mode (German lenguage)

These include recoding (variant coding) the control units without SCNs (Software Calibration Numbers), de/activation of commercially sensitive options (in-motion video of tv/dvd), recoding the configuration of airbag units, seat belt reminders, changing the configuration of instrument clusters, restoring damaged EEPROM contents for Comand/APS and other ECUs and many more. There is also an additional benefit: sometimes control units record a DTCs (error codes) that are filtered out by the production software. Developer kit allows unfiltered view on the module's error memory, therefore allowing to see all stored trouble codes, including the masked ones.

- Speed limiters may be removed from engine ECU

- Instrument clusters may be recoded to match different engine, model, version and so on.

etc. etc. etc. hope this can be done... like I said it is a challenge now....
Old 10-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 c280
Wink MB Cluster

Hello all it is Possible to do, you need your original cluster and your new cluster , SSID form original cluster, Mileage set to zero in new cluster, it will pick up the mileage form ezs-eis, ok heres whats involved hot air rework station and eprom programer, I know this as I have put one in my w203 from a w209, if you don't have the SSID from the original mileage will just show ------, you can not code your cluster by doing that just set mileage and SSID still need a star for coding.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:58 AM

Rentals
There is a much easier way with no programming required. PM sent.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 PM

06 e63
nice let me know how that goes im inthat process of convertion