G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

G55 AMG - Coolant visit workshop - Fuse A blowing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 G63 AMG
Exclamation G55 AMG - Coolant visit workshop - Fuse A blowing

Hi, my 2006 g55 suddently showed the "Coolant Visit workshop" message. So I went to the shop and checked everything, then got the front fan exchanged for a new one as I/they thought it was faulty, reading the message boards for this message.

I now however have discovered that the Fuse "A" in the fuse box next to the steering wheel is the one causing me problems. I changed it and went for a drive and everything was fine. Then the next time I powered on my car, same message and Fuse A blown again. Can someone help out what to do, or if this is a problem that I can "drive with" until I have time for a new inspection?

Fuse A in the fuse chart is named : "load air cooling" or in german "ladeluftkühlung" whatever that means.

Could I be a faulty fan temperatur sensor which makes the fuse blow or someone completely else?

Front fan cable looks intact, coolant level is where it should be, and as mentioned before, brand new front fan.

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:30 PM
PCH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 G55, Challenge Stradale, 997.1 GT3, E63 Wagon
Tough call and unfortunately it appears the dealer didn't complete their due diligence in diagnosing the issue. Since it was already there for this I would bring it back and request a computer diagnostic that hopefully will detail fault.
FYI; There's a G55 section in the AMG section.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:25 PM

2019 G63 AMG
The dealer did their job as far as I can tell. I watched them do a complete DAS setup with everything verified. However something is/was still wrong.

I just went to the local gas station and bought a load of fuses as I have to do a long drive tomorrow. I put in a new fuse in location A and now everything works as it should, the error is gone and the fan runs when engine is hot. - STRANGE -

Now suddently the message I got was low washer fluid. Filled that up aswell and now no errors.

Thanks for your quick reply btw. Im happy currently and I dont hope the message will return tomorrow..

And thanks for the tip about the orhter G55 forum, didnt know that.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by haekke
The dealer did their job as far as I can tell. I watched them do a complete DAS setup with everything verified. However something is/was still wrong.

I just went to the local gas station and bought a load of fuses as I have to do a long drive tomorrow. I put in a new fuse in location A and now everything works as it should, the error is gone and the fan runs when engine is ...

And thanks for the tip about the orhter G55 forum, didnt know that.
sometimes corrosion builds up around fuses. Replacing them several times may have wiped this corrosion. Fuses are also notorious for amp rating variability.

Fuses exist to self destruct and thus protect other components.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:23 PM

2019 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by grane
sometimes corrosion builds up around fuses. Replacing them several times may have wiped this corrosion. Fuses are also notorious for amp rating variability.

Fuses exist to self destruct and thus protect other components.
Could have been some corrosion, anyway the problem is fixed (currently) after 2-3 new fuses.

Im aware that they exist for that reason, however, the whole Coolant issues started about 10-14 days after I did some serious driving in 50-60cm water around town after a huge rainfall here in Denmark. Had to replace a headlight which took in massive amounts of water (faulty maybe?) and apparently maybe also the fan or something else was damaged which maybe led to the fuses popped a few times. Cant blame the car. Maybe I was just to eager driving in so much water. It was fun thou, and the car is back to normal now.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Could have been some corrosion, anyway the problem is fixed (currently) after 2-3 new fuses.

Im aware that they exist for that reason, however, the whole Coolant issues started about 10-14 days after I did some serious driving in 50-60cm water around town after a huge rainfall here in Denmark. Had to replace a headlight which took in massive amounts of water (faulty maybe?) and apparently maybe also the fan or something else was damaged which maybe led to the fuses popped a few times. Cant blame the car. Maybe I was just to eager driving in so much water. It was fun thou, and the car is back to normal now.
Good thing you didn't have a Rover!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:59 PM

2019 G63 AMG
Or one of these : http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/ar...ud_681385o.jpg
Old 07-18-2011, 09:13 PM

02 S600, 03 G500, 04 C240, 04 E320, 06 E350
.......... however, the whole Coolant issues started about 10-14 days after I did some serious driving in 50-60cm water around town after a huge rainfall here in Denmark. Had to replace a headlight which took in massive amounts of water (faulty maybe?) and apparently maybe also the fan or something else was damaged which maybe led to the fuses popped a few times. ......... and the car is back to normal now.
This was the most crucial and very important piece of info for troubleshooting....
Old 07-19-2011, 03:38 AM

2019 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by STisma
This was the most crucial and very important piece of info for troubleshooting....
Thanks for the heads up, I will keep details to a maximum if I ever run into problems again.

Car still runs fine
Old 07-21-2011, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
When my CLK55 showed me that message my fan was constantly blowing at max RPM. MB replaced the fan and the problem persisted, we were all left very confused. After some research I found that I needed a new ECU and a wiring harness to cure the problem.

Do a diagnose with STAR, I hope you dnt need a need ECU. Mine costs 2700$ (I live in Europe) but for U.S. folks the same ECU is 8000$.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:48 AM
Banned

iii
Check with MBRedux for propper info he got all the infooooo... He is specialized in NIssan