Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > G-Class (W460, W461, W463)
'18 G truck exhaust system: Resonators or Secondary Catalytic? >

'18 G truck exhaust system: Resonators or Secondary Catalytic?

Notices
G-Class (W460, W461, W463) 1980-Present: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G 250, G 300, G 300 DT, G 320, G 500, G55 AMG

Old 04-10-2019, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550 & 92 300ZX

Hello!

I've attached photos to see whether the circled part are the resonators or secondary's?

I was told by gwagenparts.com that the '18 G trucks have resonators, but I thought only the later models did? When I inspected my Gs exhaust system originally, i thought that the circled part are the secondaries, since they look like a catalytic converters, but no O2 sensors are going into it. It is also an AMG part.

My goal is to open up and increase the volume of my G truck. It sounds okay as is, has a nice low grumble at low RPMs, even pops sometimes. But it sounds very constricted and super muffled; preventing what could potentially be an amazing true exhaust note to truly come out.

Please let me know if you guys think /know if the circled part are the resonators or secondaries.

Thank you!

Last edited by SGTzAMG; 04-10-2019 at 10:12 AM.