G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

How Long Will It Be Until We Get This G63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 03:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
S
Originally Posted by poison123
The one with the obvious attitude problem is you bud. I'm sorry if you were a sucker and fell for the classic Ferrari bull****. Weird....don't recall worthless statement on the Gwagon since I've got one on order being delivered in Feb/March. Merc isn't stupid to flood the market with Gwagons...it then loses its exclusivity which very much helps them sell like they do. The current classic example is the Gen 2 Raptor....sold really well in the beginning and now the market is flooded and dealers are giving 5k+ off sticker. And the residuals sucks now on the Gen 2....**** the Gen 1's are worth more with the same or more miles on them.

So at the end of it, either pay the markup if you want one, or get in line for a deliver in late 2020 or early 2021...but jesus just shut up. And no one here gives a **** about buying a Urus, they aren't even remotely the same type of vehicle.
That's great man, if you go back to my original question, I asked how long that line would be with 20+ infront of me at my dealer before you went off on a tangent with all your automotive wisdom. So do you have any insights to the original question posed or not bc you never answered it and you seem like the guru around here. 20 spots doesn't seem like that many and I was curious what the timeframe would be knowing that tidbit.

The following users liked this post:
Wassaby (11-29-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 04:01 PM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by danman0418
That's great man, if you go back to my original question, I asked how long that line would be with 20+ infront of me at my dealer before you went off on a tangent with all your automotive wisdom. So do you have any insights to the original question posed or not bc you never answered it and you seem like the guru around here. 20 spots doesn't seem like that many and I was curious what the timeframe would be knowing that tidbit.
LOL I didn't go off on a tangent, that was you bro. I corrected you on the "most look like they are sitting on the lots" and you took off from there.

But back to your question before you started all the fun. Looks like most bigger dealers are getting 4 G63's per month for allocation.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Wow what a thread.

M
Old 11-26-2019, 04:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
S
LOL I didn't go off on a tangent, that was you bro. I corrected you on the "most look like they are sitting on the lots" and you took off from there.

But back to your question before you started all the fun. Looks like most bigger dealers are getting 4 G63's per month for allocation.
What I meant from most are sitting is that all are in the hands of flippers, of course every car coming in is sold. I have had maybe 8-10 offered to me by my dealer since im on their list, a few months back it was $50k over, the last couple have been around $20k over, so the premium is eroding. There just simply aren't that many people willing to go over sticker when the truck is already $175k, at first sure, that was a year ago, that happens with every new car thats a big deal, but a year later? Not so much and the G63 now every one thats out there is in the hands of someone who think its worth $30-50k over secondhand and its just not, the used ones are all there for months, I keep looking to see if reality has hit anyone and it hasn't.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:32 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
3-5 allocations monthly seems about right from the dealers I've talked to. That sounds small but when you consider that there's nearly 400 Mercedes dealerships in the US, that is big production numbers for a car with a $170K+ sticker. By the end of 2020 there's going to be 20K + new G Wagens driving around. I fully expect markups to die off by end of 2020. I say this just by looking at the facts. I'm willing to pay over atm since I want one now, and I do so fully understanding I will be losing that value quite soon.

You can try to find an MSRP one (I do know of one that just sold yesterday with 4K miles from an official dealer) that is available now, but you have to look hard and be fast because those will stick out as steals to everyone looking for a G63 right now.

Old 11-28-2019, 05:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 G63
yes the urus, the one that drives better,has more exclusivity, has a wireless phone charge, looks better but costs $70k more usually but currently sells for the same price bc every dealer says market price is $60k ontop of sticker
The vast majority of G63 owners bought it at list. Hardly anyone actually pays those massive markups. Notice those ones massively marked up on eBay are there for months without moving. Most people ordered and patiently waited. The Urus (and I have one) was significantly more expensive than the G63...about $100k more.

And yes, I agree with you that it's better than the G63 in every way (if you stay on-road) but I don't see them as comparable at all.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:45 PM

G550
Originally Posted by MeDzie
I've got a special edition g63 that can be in your drive-way in 2 months... for 50k over. unfortunately, the issues are more than just "dealers marking it up" its exporters are purchasing the g wagons and sending them to China and dealerships are being charged back for it if its within 6 months. it's our job to vet the customers and find out a way to make money, not lose it. I've sold 9 g wagons and the first 3 went for MSRP because my intention was to treat my customers right and 2 of them had been resold within 2 weeks at 40k and 52k over original sticker. we cannot sell cars for MSRP with the risk of exporters hurting our profits and giving us penalizations on our future allocations. We also cannot sell the cars at prices which enable consumers to resell and make 4 times as much money as we did on the original sale of the vehicle, that's just bad business.

With that said it is hard for us to accept that people view the dealers as price gouging when it is not us who set the market, its the customers. The consumer determines what they will pay for the vehicle and it's our job to meet that price point in an efficient way. I've talked with many MB high ups and they hate the idea that we are selling for above MSRP and honestly, we love it...but at the same time we don't demand it, we are just not fighting something that we are being forced to do...it is outside our control and only a coincidence that we benefit from it....

I hope that clears the air a bit. on another note, I do have a 2020 g63 special edition that I have coming to inventory that is currently unclaimed that we anticipate to sell for 50k over sticker. But if I'm stealing you from a different dealer I would not be opposed to doing some sort of forum price to take a bit of the pain away, but again we need to price accordingly.

All I can say is "lol" to that logic.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:17 PM

Received 54 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 G63 Magno Black/2019 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged
All I can say is "lol" to that logic.
Amen lol.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
So in other words if the customer wants to be a sucker and pay over list we will let them. Any wonder why car salesmen have such a **** reputation.

M
Old 11-29-2019, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Germancar1
So in other words if the customer wants to be a sucker and pay over list we will let them. Any wonder why car salesmen have such a **** reputation.

M
hahahaha
Old 11-29-2019, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLS
how about you pay me to buy your car? or better yet, go look at the market, NADA and KBB and determine the worth and then sell it to me for 20k less than that. how many you got, because I want to buy them all...right now. That's all you guys are saying, we sell at MSRP you sell for 10's of thousands of dollars in profit because there are hundreds of people that WILL and WANT to pay it, they ship it to China, you make 30 - 50g's and we lose a future g slot and get charged back every dollar of profit from Mercedes. Exporters would and will buy 100% of every single g available to the US market and Benz will charge the dealers back for every single one. It's not about being a sucker, it's about you not wanting to pay what the guy standing next to you will pay. most people that can afford g's own a business or are in charge of what a product sells for in some capacity. Can you honestly say if your clients are purchasing your product to the point that you are not able to keep ANYTHING in stock, and your months and months back-ordered and then they are reselling it for MORE profit than yourself you'd say, "eh... looks good, keep it going" oh and don't forget the icing on that cake, 75% of those resold mean you get even LESS inventory of your already extremely limited inventory and lose out on any profits from the original sale. A dealership is not a wholesale operation... it's a retail operation. You need to pony up and pay what others are paying, its basic supply and demand.

I understand people want to completely ignore the aspect of exporters and that other people want the cars bad enough that they price you out of the market. Sure, it's frustrating but it's not really anybody's choice other than the people across seas willing to pay 250k and the people local willing to pay the same. Blaming the dealers is just a cop-out because people can put a face to their frustrations.

If they were sold at MSRP you wouldn't get one anyway because I could sell 30 of them to a single guy right now to export them and that would be pretty efficient way to sell your product, no aftersale and selling an unlimited amount?
I just got an allocation for March 20 delivery 5k above MSRP.
The way I internally compensate the overprice, is by ordering in a color that you don’t have to pay $3700 (Matt colors, etc). I ended up paying $175 and A good Christmas gift for my wife !!

The following 2 users liked this post by juans:
2820G63 (11-29-2019), MeDzie (11-30-2019)
Old 11-29-2019, 08:19 PM

that’s a fast turn around time!

Originally Posted by juans
I just got an allocation for March 20 delivery 5k above MSRP.
The way I internally compensate the overprice, is by ordering in a color that you don’t have to pay $3700 (Matt colors, etc). I ended up paying $175 and A good Christmas gift for my wife !!
Old 11-30-2019, 12:00 AM

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
G63
I've got a special edition g63 that can be in your drive-way in 2 months... for 50k over. unfortunately, the issues are more than just "dealers marking it up" its exporters are purchasing the g wagons and sending them to China and dealerships are being charged back for it if its within 6 months. it's our job to vet the customers and find out a way to make money, not lose it. I've sold 9 g wagons and the first 3 went for MSRP because my intention was to treat my customers right and 2 of them had been resold within 2 weeks at 40k and 52k over original sticker. we cannot sell cars for MSRP with the risk of exporters hurting our profits and giving us penalizations on our future allocations. We also cannot sell the cars at prices which enable consumers to resell and make 4 times as much money as we did on the original sale of the vehicle, that's just bad business.

With that said it is hard for us to accept that people view the dealers as price gouging when it is not us who set the market, its the customers. The consumer determines what they will pay for the vehicle and it's our job to meet that price point in an efficient way. I've talked with many MB high ups and they hate the idea that we are selling for above MSRP and honestly, we love it...but at the same time we don't demand it, we are just not fighting something that we are being forced to do...it is outside our control and only a coincidence that we benefit from it....

I hope that clears the air a bit. on another note, I do have a 2020 g63 special edition that I have coming to inventory that is currently unclaimed that we anticipate to sell for 50k over sticker. But if I'm stealing you from a different dealer I would not be opposed to doing some sort of forum price to take a bit of the pain away, but again we need to price accordingly.

Alright i'm going to jump in.
You're full of BS.
Yes these G's are being exported to China.
Yes exporters flip them for way way over sticker.
But no you don't have to charge 50k over to solve that problem.
Im from Canada and here exporters will pay 70k-80k even 100k over sometimes for a G63.
What's the solution?
Lease the truck. No cash sale. No finance.
It's illegal in Canada for a dealer to sell over MSRP on a new car.
It freaking blows my mind to see G63's selling for 50k over at a Mercedes dealership. It's insane.
You guys are crooks. Straight up.
MBUSA should honestly be ashamed of themselves for letting you thieves do this sort of thing.
You can very easily force the customer to lease the truck for a minimum of 12 months and then he can do whatever he wants.
At that point no chargebacks buddy.
You can take a 50k security deposit, 75k security deposit (on a cash deal or finance). In 12 months the customer comes back to show you the truck and you give him/her back their deposit.
You reasoning makes absolutely zero sense.
If it works in Canada it can work in the USA.
You guys are just greedy.
The following 5 users liked this post by MtlG:
GTBNYC (11-30-2019), JATT63AMG (12-25-2019), JKIMJKIM (11-30-2019), poison123 (11-30-2019), slick //m (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 02:20 AM

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
G63
None of that is correct. But I don't really see a point in explaining deposit laws and non export agreements being overturned in court.

What I will say is there is certainly 2 sets of G buyers... The ones driving them, and the ones that are not. The difference is the ones driving them are pricing the ones that are not driving them out of the market for the foreseeable future...you can buy one for the going rate or just be upset that the guy next to you paid the going rate. No sense in cursing the dealership because you didn't wanna pay what other people are paying happily.

There's no sales pitch, the g just sells, instantly, for 50k over, which by the way the one I mentioned earlier is sold. And we didn't even have to steal their money, they cut a check instead.
None of what you’re saying is correct.
There are ways around trucks being exported.
The thing is you dealers are just loving riding the wave.
Why make 7-8-9% profit when we can slap on another 50k to that.
It’s complete BS and I’ll say it again, you guys are crooks (with a Mercedes badge).
Mercedes Benz should step in and stop this nonsense.
Someone should run a story about these dealers in the USA who are gouging customers.

And by the way I picked up my 2020 3 weeks ago and I didn’t pay 1$ over MSRP.

The following 2 users liked this post by MtlG:
GTBNYC (11-30-2019), JATT63AMG (12-25-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 10:49 AM

G550
Cool, wanna sell it for 130?
Good scumbag dealer comment.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:07 AM

G550
Coming from a wonderful customer who wants to buy things for 50k off. I guess we can agree to disagree nothing wrong with that.

​​
lol @50k off. Nah dog I'm buying for MSRP...and thank god my dealer isn't a scumbag and sold me one at MSRP with no issues. People tend to remember the ****bag dealers....especially when recessions hit...just remember what comes around goes around.
2820G63 (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 12:22 PM

lol @50k off. Nah dog I'm buying for MSRP...and thank god my dealer isn't a scumbag and sold me one at MSRP with no issues. People tend to remember the ****bag dealers....especially when recessions hit...just remember what comes around goes around.
agreeed. I have noticed many Cali/Texas/Florida/Ny/Nj dealers sell for over MSRP and several of these dealers have multiple G63’s sitting on there lot for weeks. One dealer I called told me 50k over msrp. Then 5 minutes later offered me 15k over 😂. Then I looked and his cars have been listed on car gurus for weeks. So that tells me soon these will move at msrp or super close to it. I’m willing to be patient. Paying over msrp is just dumb. If Mercedes says something is worth 150k which would I pay a dollar more (even if supply is low). I’m willing to wait until I get my price even with so many dealers laughing on the phone to me saying I won’t find this car for msrp for years (which is 1. A total joke 2. Beyond unprofessional). There have been some super nice and helpful dealers in the flip side of this. But most I’ve ran into (called over 200 dealers) haven’t been too helpful. Hoping something falls in my lap soon. I want a new Xmas present😁😁
Old 11-30-2019, 12:58 PM

I'm with you, I want MSRP pricing too, in fact even when Cali was selling for 50k over when it started I still sold multiple at MSRP. We just got burned doing it. We tend to price lower than the maximum and try to be very flexible. We had been one of the last dealers in our market to sell at MSRP and hopefully we will be one of the first to move back too it. I understand some dealers are bad to deal with. We are a means to and end and we can't make it work without you and it should be valued. And it is. I just want people to try and see that some dealers are given a choice to confirm to the norm and it's difficult to give MSRP deals, especially to out of state people that you would never talk to again. Another strategy we are trying is to try and be a bit more flexible with locals because we get their service and they become a normal face at the dealership. Not all dealers are cut from the same cloth.
i understand your POV. Your dealer seems to be one of the nice guys. And I Understand exporters are bad for Mercedes. I export electronics (mobile devices). And initially 15 years ago USA companies like Apple hated us. Now they value me like crazy because of how much volume I move for them in 1 year. But I totally feel your pain. If your dealer has any G63’s in stock pm me. Maybe we can work a deal out!
MeDzie (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 03:07 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
I believe that the percentage of people paying $25k-$50k over MSRP is very very low and actually the majority are paying MSRP.
2820G63 (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby
I believe that the percentage of people paying $25k-$50k over MSRP is very very low and actually the majority are paying MSRP.
i agree
Old 12-24-2019, 12:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
g63
I don't get your attitude problem, if I wanted to spend $250k on a truck I'd pay what a 2020 G63 is going for or get a urus, the truck I ordered is $175k in today's money, I don't see why you are so upset that I don't think its worth $1 over that. You talk about all your experience with porsche and over sticker and completely ignore my comment above. I had a Ferrari 812 and it too was $100k over the $439k sticker not long ago today, nearly every new 812 is asking $30-40k below sticker and ends up selling way lower, there is no car in the world that commands a premium for as long as this G63 has. It's remarkable mercedes has been able to do it, but sad on their end bc they're not profiting from it only dealers and flippers. If the market price was really so much over my local dealer wouldn't call me every few days with a new G63 for X over sticker which started at $50k over but the last 2 were $25k over. The G63 is the only truck in the world thats $175k new, the other competitors the bentayga and urus are a whole different price point that Im not interested in. Have you ever owned an AMG car before to say they're worthless is an understatement, I had an SL55 new that ended up selling for $19k at the end. Those too once asked over sticker in 2004. The G63 isn't some classic car, its a truck, a very nice one, one they'll make a ton of, I just don't get this whole artificial market everyone is building around the car. If mercedes were smart they'd crank out as many as they can while there is a backlog of buyers with a $175k. The stock market is at all time highs, Im a trader, you get liz warren winning the election next november and market tumbles 25% or more and see how many guys are looking to blow $175k on a daily driver, you must not have been around in 2008......

Oh, Danny. Still lying about the 812? Why didn't you mention the SLR, or the Huracan? You told everybody on Fchat that you bought a G63 in October. Here we are at the end of November and you're still looking for a deal. I think the only car you have been truthful about is your Mini, and the 20 year-old SL500 you tried to flip on BAT.
poison123 (12-24-2019)