G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

2021 release date ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 10:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 G550 2023 G63
according to MB. they wont be released until later in the 4th quarter, which we are in. but probably later. hope not december....
Old 10-16-2020, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 75 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by cardiacdoc
system shows that my car arrived at the baltimore port on wednesday. now i just need MB to release the 2021's. Come on mercedes!!!!!
Was your G on the Apollon Highway?
Old 10-16-2020, 08:53 PM

2020 G550 2023 G63
Originally Posted by sam9187
Was your G on the Apollon Highway?
yes
Old 10-16-2020, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G
I actually don't understand why MBUSA is holding up the MY21 Gs at VPC. Releasing MY21 early won't affect the sale of the MY20 (especially given the demand, plus there is almost no difference between these two MY), but keeping them at VPC will just increase the risk of damage. The only justification I can think of is that releasing late will make late owners of MY20 happy. Just some thoughts
Old 10-16-2020, 09:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 G63
Knowing 2020... I’m just waiting for a hurricane to come sweeping through the east coast and damage/destroy the vehicles. It would just be fitting with this whole ordering process and 2020 in general. Ugggg... get your sh*t together MB.
The following users liked this post:
084runnerltd (10-20-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 75 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
yes
My G63 is also on the Apollon Highway heading to Brunswick. Hope MB releases the MY21 soon
Old 10-17-2020, 05:52 AM

Received 252 Likes on 156 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec, 2014 GLK250 Bluetec, 2000 CLK320 Cabrio
I think a good sign will be when it posts to fueleconomy.gov. The 2021 G is not on there yet.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:29 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2021 g63, 2020 BMW M340i, 2015 AUDI RS7
Today, my dealer show me the updates of the official MSRP for my 2021 G63, hope it will be released soon. The new night package Magno is $3600.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:49 PM

Interesting. It does not look like they raised the price at all from 156450 on the 2020. It was supposed to be 156650 for the '21
Old 10-17-2020, 02:12 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2021 g63, 2020 BMW M340i, 2015 AUDI RS7
Originally Posted by 300SE1993
Interesting. It does not look like they raised the price at all from 156450 on the 2020. It was supposed to be 156650 for the '21
Yeah, I noticed that. But at least it’s a good sign for all the 2021 MY owners. The MBUSA starts to show some release works for the 2021 MY.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:27 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
E63, G63, AMG GTR
Originally Posted by 300SE1993
Same thing happened with my dealer yesterday regarding prices showing up on my order. However, something doesn’t seem right with the prices being exactly the same.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
You guy's are kindof funny... but I understand you're excited about your G's so it's understandable to be going over the same-chatter-again-and-again.

1. As I have told this forum since end-June - Graz has been spot-on-the-money on fulfilling their Build-Dates - not only for the final-2020's - but also spot-on for the start-up of 2021's.

2. Transport from Austria-Germany and especially Germany-to-US has been taking a bit longer than last year. Last year there were two trains - Saturday and Sunday - from Austria up to Port - and this year there is one late Saturday night train to Port. With so fewer Car Carrier's now from Germany to US - the wait at German Port is longer.

3. Yes - Mercedes release cannot come until after Federal Approval - and the way the cards line up this year at end-Sept there was a 25% chance (1-in-4) end-October might be possible - with a 75% chance (3-of-4) that it will be end-November, And Yes - there is always a chance that actual release might be different from that.

4. I have absolutely no comprehension why a competent MB Sales Advisor or Sales Manager would choose NOT to tell you what to expect for 2021 G-Pricing - frankly all Dealer's have had that Preliminary 2021 MSRP's from MBUSA since 1st week August - with the only "loophole" that "Mercedes Reserves the Right To Change Specifications or Pricing Without Prior Notice" which is the MB Loophole on EVERY Mercedes model that gets built - and that loophole is clearly printed on each NetStar Spec Sheet for every Mercedes that gets built.

But again - and rightfully so - you guys deserve to be excited - that right is well earned - and I guess it helps "chatting about it" - it's just outright strange that it seems so many G-Customer's suffer from the same lack-of-professional-support from such a wide range of Dealer's - the guy's you have had to deal with are downright Stupid - or Lazy - or are being Slickster's in putting you on edge so they can sell your G to another customer for more money !

I have more "investment" in G-Wagon's before December Year-End than any single new owner because I have more lined-up from Austria-To-My-Customer's - like 7 for my clinets.

Frankly G's so far have been right on Target - and my other business - my other AMG business - my Maybach GLS's - down to entry model sedans or entry model SUV's is Much-Much-More of a headache that the G's.

In the Full-Line-Luxury-Car-Business - and if you look at the Mercedes line-up - there is a much broader model selection than ever before - it's the # of units in both New and Certified Pre-Owned - more important than the MSRP of a particular high end model- that will determine how my business - and how my crew's business - will end for this year - and if your Dealer ends happy - a Happy Dealer is all the better for you !

Be excited - but rest a bit easier OK - and if the G-Market stays as strong as it is now - if you're not over paying for your 2021 - PLAN now to be ordering a 2023 - 2yr old G's are depreciating in dollars on MSRP about the same - or a hair less -

Keep the beat !
Old 10-18-2020, 09:45 AM

Some/most of it is definitely speculation but I know I am eager and excited to get my G and the speculation is fun. Plus, those "in the know" will likely give us the most accurate info here.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:27 AM

Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
2021 G550, BMW X5M, 2020 Toyota Supra LE
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
You guy's are kindof funny... but I understand you're excited about your G's so it's understandable to be going over the same-chatter-again-and-again.

4. I have absolutely no comprehension why a competent MB Sales Advisor or Sales Manager would choose NOT to tell you what to expect for 2021 G-Pricing - frankly all Dealer's have had that Preliminary 2021 MSRP's from MBUSA since 1st week August - with the only "loophole" that "Mercedes Reserves the Right To Change Specifications or Pricing Without Prior Notice" which is the MB Loophole on EVERY Mercedes model that gets built - and that loophole is clearly printed on each NetStar Spec Sheet for every Mercedes that gets built.

But again - and rightfully so - you guys deserve to be excited - that right is well earned - and I guess it helps "chatting about it" - it's just outright strange that it seems so many G-Customer's suffer from the same lack-of-professional-support from such a wide range of Dealer's - the guy's you have had to deal with are downright Stupid - or Lazy - or are being Slickster's in putting you on edge so they can sell your G to another customer for more money !

I have more "investment" in G-Wagon's before December Year-End than any single new owner because I have more lined-up from Austria-To-My-Customer's - like 7 for my clinets.

Frankly G's so far have been right on Target - and my other business - my other AMG business - my Maybach GLS's - down to entry model sedans or entry model SUV's is Much-Much-More of a headache that the G's.

In the Full-Line-Luxury-Car-Business - and if you look at the Mercedes line-up - there is a much broader model selection than ever before - it's the # of units in both New and Certified Pre-Owned - more important than the MSRP of a particular high end model- that will determine how my business - and how my crew's business - will end for this year - and if your Dealer ends happy - a Happy Dealer is all the better for you !

Be excited - but rest a bit easier OK - and if the G-Market stays as strong as it is now - if you're not over paying for your 2021 - PLAN now to be ordering a 2023 - 2yr old G's are depreciating in dollars on MSRP about the same - or a hair less -

Keep the beat !
Good info, thanks. Yes, we are excited, it has been a long wait for many of us....and we always grasp at straws hoping that our order may defy the norm and arrive earlier than expected.

In regards to point number 4 above. My dealer said they had preliminary pricing, but didn’t have the final numbers yet from Mercedes. I can understand a dealer not wanting to give a wrong number.

I have heard that Mercedes has not been building vehicles with the “night package plus” option due to some issues with painting the roofs (I may not have the details correct on that) but I can understand why dealers aren’t giving pricing as items like the issue above may occur, may get resolved, etc...

I work in personal finance and have quoted clients/prospect an incorrect charge/commission. In cases were I told them a few would be lower than it ended up being, I eat difference. I don’t want the client to think that I tried to bait n switch them or give them any indication I was trying to do something dishonest.

I realize if the pricing came out 1k higher than expected on 150k vehicle, that is a small increase percentage wise, but still $1,000 higher than the dealer had quoted.

Just my 2 cents, obviously dealers could make it very clear that the price may change or give price range, but I think some are just cautious.

Don’t get me wrong, I want to know the price, but I understand their hesitation.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:22 PM

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
G63
dup

Last edited by Izzone; 10-18-2020 at 04:00 PM. Reason: dup
Old 10-18-2020, 01:24 PM

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
G63

1. As I have told this forum since end-June - Graz has been spot-on-the-money on fulfilling their Build-Dates - not only for the final-2020's - but also spot-on for the start-up of 2021's.

2. Transport from Austria-Germany and especially Germany-to-US has been taking a bit longer than last year. Last year there were two trains - Saturday and Sunday - from Austria up to Port - and this year there is one late Saturday night train to Port. With so fewer Car Carrier's now from Germany to US - the wait at German Port is longer.

3. Yes - Mercedes release cannot come until after Federal Approval - and the way the cards line up this year at end-Sept there was a 25% chance (1-in-4) end-October might be possible - with a 75% chance (3-of-4) that it will be end-November, And Yes - there is always a chance that actual release might be different from that.

Keep the beat !
on your last point

that Is exactly what I do

i ordered my 21 with the exact same configuration as my 20

trading my 20 in with 10k miles for Msrp and buying a 21 for msrp

i already have my name in for a 22

I also buy them close to 165....so few options

only option I must have is trail package, makes the truck ride much nicer
Old 10-18-2020, 01:42 PM

E63, G63, AMG GTR

Keep the beat !
knowledge dropped! Love it. Quick question, what do you mean by “if the G-Market stays as strong as it is now - if you're not over paying for your 2021 - PLAN now to be ordering a 2023 - 2yr old G's are depreciating in dollars on MSRP about the same - or a hair less -“?
Old 10-20-2020, 07:45 AM

2020 G550 2023 G63
pricing released. maybe this is a good sign. got my window sticker print out. !!
Old 10-20-2020, 07:48 AM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
pricing released. maybe this is a good sign. got my window sticker print out. !!
yeah, I got the same from my dealership yesterday.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:44 AM

Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
2021 G550, BMW X5M, 2020 Toyota Supra LE
Looks like the mobile website has been slightly updated, however, it is still listing 2020 pricing.

Anyone know when the website typical updates.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:20 AM

E63, G63, AMG GTR
Can you add an image?
Old 10-20-2020, 06:17 PM

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
24 G63 23 Metris Van Past:21 G63 21 GLS63 20 GLE350 19 G63 17 G63 15 GL550 13 SL550
The wait begins. Mine was built yesterday 10/19/20. Dealer told me today it may well be the end of November before delivery. Depends on EPA. Just hoping it isn't into December.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:22 PM

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Mine is on the Silver Ray.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 G63
Had anyone heard anything of other 2021 models being “ released” ?
Old 10-20-2020, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by sdocscox
Had anyone heard anything of other 2021 models being “ released” ?
I am not sure what you mean? There are plenty of '21 models on dealer lots.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2021 release date ?