G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

G63 Help will Spec….

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 12:24 PM

Received 93 Likes on 81 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by streborx
Yes, I understand. But this doesn't prevent MB from moving any switch from an existing location to a new location. You can plug in an OBDII reader and make your windows go up and down with it -- all brought to you through the miracle of software and CAN buses.
yeah, it doesn’t make sense that if you order the heated steering wheel, you get shortchanged on switches.
The following users liked this post:
084runnerltd (07-16-2022)
Old 07-19-2021, 01:34 PM

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
G63
Originally Posted by Craig B
yeah, it doesn’t make sense that if you order the heated steering wheel, you get shortchanged on switches.
the same exact buttons are next to the shifter in the console

the ones on the steering wheel are redundant

My opinion...is they look cheap on the steering wheel, so I pick heated wheel to delete them
084runnerltd (07-16-2022)
Old 07-19-2021, 01:36 PM

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
G63
Originally Posted by The Butcher
Hodog posted the info and pic of the steering wheel selectors. Obviously personal choice if you want to get the heated steering wheel, but as I mentioned my wife uses the drive mode selector knob every time she gets in the truck. It opens the exhaust valves, makes the response more sporty, and disables the annoying start/stop function when you stop at stoplights. You would get a good amount of use out of the heated steering wheel given where you are located, so you'll have to make the choice on that one.

Many people like the trail package, so it makes sense for you to order it if you are going to do some off-roading and won't be lifting the truck at all. I do the suspension mods for looks, so if you aren't interested in changing the look of the truck then factory options are probably the best bet.

Here are a couple of pics. Notice the steering wheel selector is on S+ which is how she always drives it:

What are the specs / parts to make this look happen.....amazing spec
Old 07-11-2022, 09:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G wagon (W463a) and Carrera S (992)
Hodog posted the info and pic of the steering wheel selectors. Obviously personal choice if you want to get the heated steering wheel, but as I mentioned my wife uses the drive mode selector knob every time she gets in the truck. It opens the exhaust valves, makes the response more sporty, and disables the annoying start/stop function when you stop at stoplights. You would get a good amount of use out of the heated steering wheel given where you are located, so you'll have to make the choice on that one.

Many people like the trail package, so it makes sense for you to order it if you are going to do some off-roading and won't be lifting the truck at all. I do the suspension mods for looks, so if you aren't interested in changing the look of the truck then factory options are probably the best bet.

Here are a couple of pics. Notice the steering wheel selector is on S+ which is how she always drives it:

wow!

How did you lift it? New suspension or just a spacer?
I love the wheel/ tires combination, what are they?
Old 07-12-2022, 07:18 AM

Received 226 Likes on 160 Posts
G63, G65
Originally Posted by dakmary
wow!

How did you lift it? New suspension or just a spacer?
I love the wheel/ tires combination, what are they?
Thanks. This truck has a LeTech 50mm suspension lift, and is running 33x12.50r22 Toyo MT tires. Wheels are 22x10.5 with +35mm offset. Then I added a 23mm wheel spacer to clear the brake calipers.

The next one I did had the same suspension, but I had custom wheels made to get the correct offset without spacers.

Last edited by The Butcher; 07-12-2022 at 07:20 AM.
tonygwagon (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 08:49 PM
haa

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts
We’re you able to reprogram the tire diameter in order to have a accurate speedometer reading?
Old 07-13-2022, 08:23 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by haa
We’re you able to reprogram the tire diameter in order to have a accurate speedometer reading?
No, but it isn't off by too much. Just assume 3-5mph difference at highway speeds. Down around city street speeds (30-35mph) the speedo is only off about 1-2mph.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:11 PM

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 GLC63s, 2021 G63OB, 2021 G63MB, 2022 G63MB

what's the color on the brush guard?
Old 09-30-2022, 10:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G wagon (W463a) and Carrera S (992)
Thanks. This truck has a LeTech 50mm suspension lift, and is running 33x12.50r22 Toyo MT tires. Wheels are 22x10.5 with +35mm offset. Then I added a 23mm wheel spacer to clear the brake calipers.

The next one I did had the same suspension, but I had custom wheels made to get the correct offset without spacers.

how is the tire noise? I'm going with a similar tire/whtire size setup, but still not sure about getting a normal A/S or A/T tire?
Old 10-01-2022, 08:10 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by RedPill
what's the color on the brush guard?
It's a bronze from Prismatic Powders, and then it has Casper Clear applied over that. I can't recall the exact bronze, but can ask my powder guy if you really want the info.

Originally Posted by dakmary
how is the tire noise? I'm going with a similar tire/whtire size setup, but still not sure about getting a normal A/S or A/T tire?
Not bad. They aren't as quiet as an AT or AS, but I've run dozens of sets of these Toyo MTs for the past 15+ years so I'm used to it. They are fairly quiet the first 10K miles or so. They can tend to get noisy as you approach 15K miles, but it helps if you rotate frequently. Not sure you could do this as easily with a 33x12.50r22 because it's an oddball size, but I typically run my Toyos for 10K-12K miles then get a new set. I sell the old ones on Craigslist for $500-$600. Doesn't take long, and I recoup some of my new tire cost. Then I get new, quiet tires to enjoy.