MB of Manhattan wait list and ADM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 09:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GL63/GL550/S550/S430
MB of Manhattan wait list and ADM

Dear friends,
Especially the 800 or so lucky people who are on the waitlist at the MB of Manhattan - do not expect MSRP prices on G550/G63. The day my car was built, a week ago, they asked for $50k ADM, even though I had full deposit and paperwork with them for the last 2 years. Their word means nothing. If you have other options, go for them. Neither salesperson, store manager, *office of the CEO in Atlanta* or customer service would move from $50K ADM. They all say that its cheaper than the price on a car auction and I should be happy with $50K. Disappointed of being fooled for the last two years. I totally agree with previous posters, if you are going to pay ADM, then pay it locally and try to build a relationship with your dealer.

--
S550
G550 (sold prior to 'getting G63 at MSRP')
GL550
GL63
GLE63
S430
E500
E430
etc...
Old 09-24-2021, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
A $50K ADM in today's market is indeed a bargain, but I agree that a dealer's perogative to a price adjustment should be disclosed at the time the order is placed. MB dealers aren't doing anyone (including themselves) any good with these price juggling tactics. Are honesty and integrity now subordinate to a fist full of dollars? Walk away from $50K and it allows the dealer to get $75K from someone else. Who is responsible for this?
Old 09-24-2021, 11:25 PM

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
G63
Realistically speaking, car dealers don't really value customer service at the moment. The demand for cars (not just G Wagons) are through the roof, and are outsripping supply completely. Worrying about maintaining integrity/long term customer service for every individual buyer would be a lower priority

As the saying goes, make hay while the sun shines
Old 09-24-2021, 11:50 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by g63bob
Realistically speaking, car dealers don't really value customer service at the moment. The demand for cars (not just G Wagons) are through the roof, and are outsripping supply completely. Worrying about maintaining integrity/long term customer service for every individual buyer would be a lower priority

As the saying goes, make hay while the sun shines

Some dealers value their reputation and repeat business more than making a quick buck. I just picked up my 21 G550 at MSRP today from my local dealer, they had a 19 G550 for sale for $199k parked next to mine. Told me they could sell mine for well over 200k if I didn't want it anymore.
I did put down a deposit on an EQS and an EQG so maybe that helped.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GL63/GL550/S550/S430
Very impressed with your dealer. G550 is a great car, I regret selling mine . Everyone told me that EQS and EQG will also have ADM, especially EQS.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:08 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
e92 ///M3
The stuff going on with G classes is laughable at this point. MB should be ashamed right now.
The following users liked this post:
dcarrer0 (09-25-2021)
Old 09-25-2021, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by alex92130
Dear friends,
Especially the 800 or so lucky people who are on the waitlist at the MB of Manhattan - do not expect MSRP prices on G550/G63. The day my car was built, a week ago, they asked for $50k ADM, even though I had full deposit and paperwork with them for the last 2 years. Their word means nothing. If you have other options, go for them. Neither salesperson, store manager, *office of the CEO in Atlanta* or customer service would move from $50K ADM. They all say that its cheaper than the price on a car auction and I should be happy with $50K. Disappointed of being fooled for the last two years. I totally agree with previous posters, if you are going to pay ADM, then pay it locally and try to build a relationship with your dealer.

--
S550
G550 (sold prior to 'getting G63 at MSRP')
GL550
GL63
GLE63
S430
E500
E430
etc...

Same thing here, but with different outcome. Ordered a G550 about a year ago from MB Manhattan. Around delivery time they told me about market factor adjustment. I had a s*** fit! I scrambled and found a Manhattan attorney who views the signed purchase order as a contract. I was just about to engage him the following day but desperately sent an email to MB USA CEO. The following day, sales manager from MB Manhattan called me and said there was a mistake and they would honor the agreement. I took delivery of my vehicle three weeks ago at MSRP. Really shocked to find out they had a change of heart in honoring these agreements in the time subsequent to my purchase. I am lucky but I feel very bad for you as I felt pain and despair in not getting my new vehicle that I had designed and eagerly anticipated. I know, such tragedy in the life of a rich person. But the real underlying issue is the contractual agreement that has been violated. Prospectively demanding a market adjustment where the buyer agrees is a very different story. Your post says on the day of the build the adjustment was demanded. Does that mean on the day of planned delivery? If you still have time and are not in danger of losing the vehicle, I would consider one more try at the MB USA office in Atlanta, and then enlist an attorney. Paying a few thousand out of pocket is worth it on principal. There is a contract. They do have an obligation to deliver. And there are actually damages in missed opportunities to purchase elsewhere in the interval and replacement cost differential.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by thomasjo
Same thing here, but with different outcome. Ordered a G550 about a year ago from MB Manhattan. Around delivery time they told me about market factor adjustment. I had a s*** fit! I scrambled and found a Manhattan attorney who views the signed purchase order as a contract. I was just about to engage him the following day but desperately sent an email to MB USA CEO. The following day, sales manager from MB Manhattan called me and said there was a mistake and they would honor the agreement. I took delivery of my vehicle three weeks ago at MSRP. Really shocked to find out they had a change of heart in honoring these agreements in the time subsequent to my purchase. I am lucky but I feel very bad for you as I felt pain and despair in not getting my new vehicle that I had designed and eagerly anticipated. I know, such tragedy in the life of a rich person. But the real underlying issue is the contractual agreement that has been violated. Prospectively demanding a market adjustment where the buyer agrees is a very different story. Your post says on the day of the build the adjustment was demanded. Does that mean on the day of planned delivery? If you still have time and are not in danger of losing the vehicle, I would consider one more try at the MB USA office in Atlanta, and then enlist an attorney. Paying a few thousand out of pocket is worth it on principal. There is a contract. They do have an obligation to deliver. And there are actually damages in missed opportunities to purchase elsewhere in the interval and replacement cost differential.
Maybe a bit of saber rattling is all it takes!