G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

2021 Aftermarket Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 07:02 AM

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
21' BMW X6M 21' G63
2021 Aftermarket Build

I'm going to memorialize my build for my edification and perhaps a few will be interested as well.

Since taking delivery mid August of 2021 (at MSRP), the bug has me in its grasp and I have ordered or already installed several interior, exterior and performance mods which include:

1. Light bar in matt black dry carbon fiber
2. Brabus Hood Scoop in matt black carbon
3. Rear wing in matt black carbon
4. Front LED diffuser matt black carbon
5. Rear diffuser matt black carbon
6. Mirror cover Matt black carbon
7. Renntech Stage 1 tune
8. Fi titanium with matt black tips
9. All interior carbon fiber replacement pieces to match (black gloss)
10. Custom forged carbon with white flecks and white leather steering wheel
11. Replacement fender arches in matt black carbon fiber
12. Side steps removed, rubber removed and replaced after black powder coat to blacken out completely

Interior pieces are all replacement so doors and grab handle were easily replaced once I purchased a interior removal kit (plastic) which makes for an easy job. Leaving the dash pieces, AC vents, center console and center storage covers for the expert to complete.
For the moment, much of my exterior pieces are sitting on a cargo ship off the coast of California due to a backlog in off loading.

The vehicle will go in once the lightbar, hood scoop and rear spoiler arrive in one order along with the Renntech tune.

Fi exhaust orders are typically 5 weeks unless the factory in Taiwan has one sitting on the shelf.

I'm including some pictures of the actual pieces before shipping. Obviously I'm anxious to get started which is why I now documenting the process.

Last edited by Theatrix1; 10-04-2021 at 07:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
The Butcher (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 11:07 AM

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts
G63, G65
Fi Exhaust is great. Really high quality product, and sounds great. What color is your G?
Old 10-04-2021, 11:28 AM

21' BMW X6M 21' G63
Originally Posted by The Butcher
Fi Exhaust is great. Really high quality product, and sounds great. What color is your G?
Black Magno...which is why I went with matt black for all exterior add-ons

Fortunately there are plenty of examples with these add-ons installed that I could make a decision with what I wanted to do.

Old 10-04-2021, 12:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
-
does the FI exhaust require a tune to avoid CEL? Or is it just bolt on and you’re good to go like Akrapovic exhaust system?
Old 10-04-2021, 03:29 PM

Received 102 Likes on 53 Posts
MY23 C63 S Final Edition
Nice build that you have planned!

I'll follow with interest as I have a similar 2019 car with many of the same mods albeit in Obsidian Black and gloss carbon:

1. Brabus Light bar in gloss black dry carbon
2. Brabus Hood Scoop in gloss black carbon
3. Brabus Front LED bumper/diffuser in gloss black carbon
4. Brabus Rear diffuser in gloss black carbon
5. Brabus Mirror covers in gloss black carbon
6. Brabus B40-800 power kit (800PS, 1,000NM)
7. Brabus Exhaust with gloss black tips
8. Brabus Interior mods with rear seat guages, pedals, shifters, door pins, floor mats, carbon grab handles, leather seat backs and steering wheel airbag cover
9. Brabus Monoblock 23" wheels in gloss black
10. Brabus gloss carbon spare wheel cover
11. Brabus 90 degree rear door hinges
12. Side steps removed, rubber removed and replaced after gloss black powder coat/PPF to blacken out completely
13. G-Raid gloss carbon side strip inserts and rear exterior air vents
14. Full rustproofing with Dinitrol after stripping down all under trays and liners and steam cleaning, all cavities filled

I'm planning a brake upgrade next, either the Brembo 412mm steels with 8 piston calliper kit or carbon ceramics either E63 with bespoke fittings or surface transforms.

Can I ask where you sourced your carbon interior pieces and fender arches?
Old 10-04-2021, 05:34 PM

21' BMW X6M 21' G63
Originally Posted by nn7man
Nice build that you have planned!

I'll follow with interest as I have a similar 2019 car with many of the same mods albeit in Obsidian Black and gloss carbon:

1. Brabus Light bar in gloss black dry carbon
2. Brabus Hood Scoop in gloss black carbon
3. Brabus Front LED bumper/diffuser in gloss black carbon
4. Brabus Rear diffuser in gloss black carbon
5. Brabus Mirror covers in gloss black carbon
6. Brabus B40-800 power kit (800PS, 1,000NM)
7. Brabus Exhaust with gloss black tips
8. Brabus Interior mods with rear seat guages, pedals, shifters, door pins, floor mats, carbon grab handles, leather seat backs and steering wheel airbag cover
9. Brabus Monoblock 23" wheels in gloss black
10. Brabus gloss carbon spare wheel cover
11. Brabus 90 degree rear door hinges
12. Side steps removed, rubber removed and replaced after gloss black powder coat/PPF to blacken out completely
13. G-Raid gloss carbon side strip inserts and rear exterior air vents
14. Full rustproofing with Dinitrol after stripping down all under trays and liners and steam cleaning, all cavities filled

I'm planning a brake upgrade next, either the Brembo 412mm steels with 8 piston calliper kit or carbon ceramics either E63 with bespoke fittings or surface transforms.

Can I ask where you sourced your carbon interior pieces and fender arches?
My Contact is Andy Yin (woman) They are the manufacturer and I can confirm the quality and fitment is excellent. English version of their webpage : Changzhou Carbon Tech Composite Material Co
They have been open to fabricating whatever I have asked for and in whatever carbon fiber pattern and finish including forged carbon.

Last edited by Theatrix1; 10-04-2021 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:55 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by ustaadG
does the FI exhaust require a tune to avoid CEL? Or is it just bolt on and you’re good to go like Akrapovic exhaust system?
Bolt on and good to go. It bolts in after the last sensor. You can do the install in your driveway in an hour with hand tools. The only odd ball tool is a Torx Star female socket. I can't recall the size, but that is what you need to undo the exhaust clamp that holds the pipe together before the muffler.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:58 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by Theatrix1
Black Magno...which is why I went with matt black for all exterior add-ons

Fortunately there are plenty of examples with these add-ons installed that I could make a decision with what I wanted to do.

It should look great when you are done. You might consider having a bodyshop put a few coats of matte clear on those exterior matte carbon parts. It would help keep them looking good longer by adding a little UV protection. Matching the Magno sheen would be the tricky part.
Theatrix1 (10-05-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 09:52 AM

21' BMW X6M 21' G63
It should look great when you are done. You might consider having a bodyshop put a few coats of matte clear on those exterior matte carbon parts. It would help keep them looking good longer by adding a little UV protection. Matching the Magno sheen would be the tricky part.
Have also looked at a matt PPF for the matt pieces for protection. Will look into possibly having pieces sprayed prior to installation. Appreciate the info!
The Butcher (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 09:58 PM

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
G63
when you see the Brabus parts laid out like that, you realize how insane their margins must be!
sole cal (01-18-2023)
Old 10-08-2021, 06:32 PM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by g63bob
when you see the Brabus parts laid out like that, you realize how insane their margins must be!
People actually like the Brabus kits?? I've always thought that they look cheap and gaudy!
Old 10-09-2021, 07:00 AM

21' BMW X6M 21' G63
Originally Posted by tonygwagon
People actually like the Brabus kits?? I've always thought that they look cheap and gaudy!
Good to know...certainly entitled to your opinion! Brabus and other similar kits represent an attitude of aggressiveness in both its appearance and performance. Perhaps it mirrors one's life. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder......and the market has certainly confirmed it.

Last edited by Theatrix1; 10-09-2021 at 07:09 AM.
nn7man (10-09-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 11:51 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E300 Sport:Current 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport- Gone.
So the parts are not genuine Brabus Parts?? These are all Brabus Copy parts? Kind of a shame when a GermanTuner like Brabus with their heritage and history for designing and engineering. some of the worlds most remarkable Mercedes Supercars is copied and knocked off because people don't want to pay for the design and engineering aspect of the product...I would say this actually cheapens the car. If you can't afford to do the real thing, may as well just leave it stock.
Just my 02
My Contact is Andy Yin (woman) They are the manufacturer and I can confirm the quality and fitment is excellent. English version of their webpage : Changzhou Carbon Tech Composite Material Co
They have been open to fabricating whatever I have asked for and in whatever carbon fiber pattern and finish including forged carbon.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:00 AM

21' BMW X6M 21' G63
Originally Posted by MBJIMBO
So the parts are not genuine Brabus Parts?? These are all Brabus Copy parts? Kind of a shame when a GermanTuner like Brabus with their heritage and history for designing and engineering. some of the worlds most remarkable Mercedes Supercars is copied and knocked off because people don't want to pay for the design and engineering aspect of the product...I would say this actually cheapens the car. If you can't afford to do the real thing, may as well just leave it stock.
Just my 02
The arrogance in your tone is actually quite comical when one considers the depth of knowledge in your statement. The manufacturing of dry carbon fiber after-market product for most vehicles has been consigned to Chinese production for quite some time for obvious reasons of economics. Somehow you assume that Brabus has proprietary technology in their fabrication process which of course is complete nonsense. If you choose to bye the hype and pay $9000 for a hood scoop from Brabus, as an example, great. However I can have a factory fabricate the identical hood scoop in the carbon fiber material of my choosing in the color and finish of my choosing for $2000. I don't quite see it as "cheapening" the vehicle, but it is my vehicle to do as I please. FYI, unless you possess specific knowledge of Brabus manufacturing, what gives gives the idea that Brabus in deed manufactures all of their own product? If you were being completely transparent, you may want to point out that your opinion is somewhat biased considering you benefit financially from the sale of aftermarket components.

Last edited by Theatrix1; 10-28-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
Do the Chinese components include items labeled "BRABUS" (wheel cover) and "B" (grill badge)?
Old 10-28-2021, 11:47 AM

21' BMW X6M 21' G63
Originally Posted by streborx
Do the Chinese components include items labeled "BRABUS" (wheel cover) and "B" (grill badge)?
I'm not building a Brabus clone or Topcar clone, both brand components of which are widely replicated. The badging on the front and rear will remain as is. Yes the spare tire cover is a replica of the Brabus cover and the only mention of Brabus on the vehicle. The side badging will state AMG and underneath it will continue to state V8 Biturbo, however I will add the 700 which is representative of the tune. The exhaust is Fi with the blacked tri tips. I believe I can pull off a clean aggressive looking vehicle with the components I have selected without attempting to replicate any of the brand kits currently available. By the way, many of these components are sold in lots of 100 or more. Where do you suppose they are being shipped to today?

Old 10-28-2021, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
I'm not building a Brabus clone or Topcar clone, both brand components of which are widely replicated. The badging on the front and rear will remain as is. Yes the spare tire cover is a replica of the Brabus cover and the only mention of Brabus on the vehicle.
I ask only because "Brabus" is trademarked in the U.S. (and probably elsewhere), and most companies dislike Chinese knock-offs of their products, especially those that are counterfeit branded.
MBJIMBO (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 12:14 PM

The arrogance in your tone is actually quite comical when one considers the depth of knowledge in your statement. The manufacturing of dry carbon fiber after-market product for most vehicles has been consigned to Chinese production for quite some time for obvious reasons of economics. Somehow you assume that Brabus has proprietary technology in their fabrication process which of course is complete nonsense. If you choose to bye the hype and pay $9000 for a hood scoop from Brabus, as an example, great. However I can have a factory fabricate the identical hood scoop in the carbon fiber material of my choosing in the color and finish of my choosing for $2000. I don't quite see it as "cheapening" the vehicle, but it is my vehicle to do as I please. FYI, unless you possess specific knowledge of Brabus manufacturing, what gives gives the idea that Brabus in deed manufactures all of their own product? If you were being completely transparent, you may want to point out that your opinion is somewhat biased considering you benefit financially from the sale of aftermarket components.
First, I apologize if my questions seemed arrogant, I have been in this business and industry now for 30 years, and my experience and knowledge with Brabus is first hand as I was someone who was handpicked by Bodo the Owner of Brabus back in the day to be hired here in the US to run their wholesale operation, and for many years I worked for Brabus on and off and throughout my career one of the biggest battles as a "Brand" that we always faced was companies knocking off our products, and in many cases many of the buyers were not aware that they were being sold copy parts.

Since you stated with excitement about all the parts you were doing on the vehicle were "BRABUS" I was asking you the questions about the components as you were stating that they were BRABUS and not Brabus style parts.
At this point, whatever helps you sleep at night and makes you happy. But the concept of thinking that these Chinese manufacturers are supplying Brabus, and these are just some back door parts is false. Brabus has battled for years companies that knock off their parts, and like you mentioned Carbon fiber can be done very well by many people as the tooling is available to do it. But to assume that these companies are better or a great choice over Brabus while Identifying the parts as Brabus...sorry but who is arrogant?
There is also a company in Russia that has knocked off many of their parts and uses pictures and Brabus Trademarked/Copyright photos to sell the parts, and I am sorry but this is no different that if Kia was to produce a G wagon copy and if I were to put AMG G63 on a Kia I would be the laughing stock of this site.
To say there is also no right of value for Brabus who designs and engineers all these parts from a blank Canvas is like saying that a Mona Lisa painting from one artist to another is the same as the original.
Some people wear a $300 Rolex with pride and we all know there is no $300 Rolex.
Too each their own...enjoy!
Old 10-28-2021, 12:21 PM

I'm not building a Brabus clone or Topcar clone, both brand components of which are widely replicated. The badging on the front and rear will remain as is. Yes the spare tire cover is a replica of the Brabus cover and the only mention of Brabus on the vehicle. The side badging will state AMG and underneath it will continue to state V8 Biturbo, however I will add the 700 which is representative of the tune. The exhaust is Fi with the blacked tri tips. I believe I can pull off a clean aggressive looking vehicle with the components I have selected without attempting to replicate any of the brand kits currently available. By the way, many of these components are sold in lots of 100 or more. Where do you suppose they are being shipped to today?
To say you are not building a Brabus Clone, but yet all the parts you listed you said they were Brabus, and then you are going to put a Brabus 700 exclusive badge designation by Brabus and claim that it is not a Clone?
To say I am arrogant? Maybe you might want to rethink this post or your build? If you ever go to sell your G I would bet that you would list it as a Full Brabus Edition too.
Sorry but this seems embarrassing.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:37 PM

21' BMW X6M 21' G63
First, I apologize if my questions seemed arrogant, I have been in this business and industry now for 30 years, and my experience and knowledge with Brabus is first hand as I was someone who was handpicked by Bodo the Owner of Brabus back in the day to be hired here in the US to run their wholesale operation, and for many years I worked for Brabus on and off and throughout my career one of the biggest battles as a "Brand" that we always faced was companies knocking off our products, and in many cases many of the buyers were not aware that they were being sold copy parts.

Since you stated with excitement about all the parts you were doing on the vehicle were "BRABUS" I was asking you the questions about the components as you were stating that they were BRABUS and not Brabus style parts.
At this point, whatever helps you sleep at night and makes you happy. But the concept of thinking that these Chinese manufacturers are supplying Brabus, and these are just some back door parts is false. Brabus has battled for years companies that knock off their parts, and like you mentioned Carbon fiber can be done very well by many people as the tooling is available to do it. But to assume that these companies are better or a great choice over Brabus while Identifying the parts as Brabus...sorry but who is arrogant?
There is also a company in Russia that has knocked off many of their parts and uses pictures and Brabus Trademarked/Copyright photos to sell the parts, and I am sorry but this is no different that if Kia was to produce a G wagon copy and if I were to put AMG G63 on a Kia I would be the laughing stock of this site.
To say there is also no right of value for Brabus who designs and engineers all these parts from a blank Canvas is like saying that a Mona Lisa painting from one artist to another is the same as the original.
Some people wear a $300 Rolex with pride and we all know there is no $300 Rolex.
Too each their own...enjoy!
Understood.....and I will apologize if my response was a bit heavy handed. My position was simply that we are talking about carbon fiber here which we both agree can easily be produced and in my estimation not worth an upcharge due to brand. We most definitely would not compare the engineering requirements of a Rolex to the engineering which would have gone into the design of a spoiler or lightbar. When acquiring an AP, one must appreciate the engineering, although sometimes I question my sanity/vanity, not so much with a spoiler. I do appreciate your passion and connection to the brand and you stated, to each his own.
PeriodCorrect (12-10-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 12:51 PM

Understood.....and I will apologize if my response was a bit heavy handed. My position was simply that we are talking about carbon fiber here which we both agree can easily be produced and in my estimation not worth an upcharge due to brand. We most definitely would not compare the engineering requirements of a Rolex to the engineering which would have gone into the design of a spoiler or lightbar. When acquiring an AP, one must appreciate the engineering, although sometimes I question my sanity/vanity, not so much with a spoiler. I do appreciate your passion and connection to the brand and you stated, to each his own.
Well no matter what you are also importing and shipping in a Trademarked brand and throughout the years of our business there has been product seized by US Customs, so I guess if you compare the $2k part being at risk of being seized upon arrival to the US, to then have nothing in hand for your $2k or more...this is exactly why I asked the question about the parts so you like many other don't throw good money after bad.

To think that there is no comparison value of design and engineering by Brabus simply based on a spoiler is not really a fair statement, Brabus is the one who originally designed the parts, they are the ones who developed the lights to be fit, they are the ones who engineered it to fit the vehicle and tested it with the German TUV to be a functional component on the car. Do you really think that all those steps have no value or proprietary concern for them?

I would honestly like to know if you ever go to sell your truck, would you let the buyer know that all the components on the car are not genuine Brabus, or would you be comfortable in marketing it and selling it to a perspective buyer for top Dollar with Brabus components?
Would you honestly disclose that this vehicle has all non genuine Brabus parts and it is simply sporting Carbon Fiber parts from Asia? I'm just curious because your initial post had "BRABUS" Items 1-11 and even their performance designation logos using the Proprietary 700 designation that also comes from their engineered and tested Tune.

Anyway, I really hope your parts don't get seized when they arrive...you should really know that this is a risk.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:45 PM

21' BMW X6M 21' G63
Well no matter what you are also importing and shipping in a Trademarked brand and throughout the years of our business there has been product seized by US Customs, so I guess if you compare the $2k part being at risk of being seized upon arrival to the US, to then have nothing in hand for your $2k or more...this is exactly why I asked the question about the parts so you like many other don't throw good money after bad.

To think that there is no comparison value of design and engineering by Brabus simply based on a spoiler is not really a fair statement, Brabus is the one who originally designed the parts, they are the ones who developed the lights to be fit, they are the ones who engineered it to fit the vehicle and tested it with the German TUV to be a functional component on the car. Do you really think that all those steps have no value or proprietary concern for them?

I would honestly like to know if you ever go to sell your truck, would you let the buyer know that all the components on the car are not genuine Brabus, or would you be comfortable in marketing it and selling it to a perspective buyer for top Dollar with Brabus components?
Would you honestly disclose that this vehicle has all non genuine Brabus parts and it is simply sporting Carbon Fiber parts from Asia? I'm just curious because your initial post had "BRABUS" Items 1-11 and even their performance designation logos using the Proprietary 700 designation that also comes from their engineered and tested Tune.

Anyway, I really hope your parts don't get seized when they arrive...you should really know that this is a risk.
Ok...happy to answer your questions. But first lets clarify something. You have my list confused with another poster above (nn7man) I only indicated that the hood scoop was Brabus and I should have said Brabus style. The front and rear diffusers are Topcar. style. As for indicating that this is a Brabus build, this would be difficult considering that only half of the components resemble Brabus. As to the engineering, certainly you are not stating that Brabus invented the spoiler. I was building street and track cars and installing spoilers and diffusers in the mid 70's and from what I can see, Brabus was formed in 1977. I suppose I can understand your protectionist stance to the brand, you are a good soldier. I can also appreciate your attempt to discourage other from doing the same, but I'm sure you are aware that there are MANY G owners around the world who have chosen to purchase Asian parts because this is not rocket science. I may have $25k invested in the items on my list. Approximately $15k cosmetic and $10k performance (tune and exhaust) . This gives me the appearance and the performance I was looking for. The alternative would have been to spend approximately $50k and then have someone else do the work which I am enjoying.
So my friend, leave it alone. I'm enjoying myself and you are now becoming monotonous with your concern over my actions. I'm sure there will be plenty of others who feel the same as you and will only buy Brabus for whatever reasons float their boat.
PeriodCorrect (12-10-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Aside from counterfeit components that carry a trademark belonging to a legitimate company such as Brabus, there are also potential patent infringement problems. Cosmetic items such as a hood scoop might well be protected by one or more design patents, making them illegal to import, and seizable by customs authorities. A hood scoop doesn't need to be labeled Brabus -- it only needs to resemble the Brabus scoop closely enough to cause confusion to a buyer. Likely CBP will not spend its resources pursuing individual buyers, but an importer distributor could find itself in a legal bind.
MBJIMBO (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 11:17 PM

Ok...happy to answer your questions. But first lets clarify something. You have my list confused with another poster above (nn7man) I only indicated that the hood scoop was Brabus and I should have said Brabus style. The front and rear diffusers are Topcar. style. As for indicating that this is a Brabus build, this would be difficult considering that only half of the components resemble Brabus. As to the engineering, certainly you are not stating that Brabus invented the spoiler. I was building street and track cars and installing spoilers and diffusers in the mid 70's and from what I can see, Brabus was formed in 1977. I suppose I can understand your protectionist stance to the brand, you are a good soldier. I can also appreciate your attempt to discourage other from doing the same, but I'm sure you are aware that there are MANY G owners around the world who have chosen to purchase Asian parts because this is not rocket science. I may have $25k invested in the items on my list. Approximately $15k cosmetic and $10k performance (tune and exhaust) . This gives me the appearance and the performance I was looking for. The alternative would have been to spend approximately $50k and then have someone else do the work which I am enjoying.
So my friend, leave it alone. I'm enjoying myself and you are now becoming monotonous with your concern over my actions. I'm sure there will be plenty of others who feel the same as you and will only buy Brabus for whatever reasons float their boat.
Absolutely I am not claiming Brabus invented the spoiler, however Brabus has been tuning the G wagon long before even AMG was doing parts for the G wagon, and it is no secret that the G has been a staple for Brabus, that is the #1 vehicle they build and modify, more than any other Mercedes Platform. So it is clear that many other manufacturers have jumped on the Brabus G Bandwagon, but at least other competitors like Lorinser, or Top Car, or Mansory design and develop their own parts, but the Carbon Bonnet by Brabus is their design, and also the carbon roof spoiler with the LED light kit is also something they initially designed, and don't forget that Brabus builds the fastest Mercedes supercars and has to test their parts to function and withstand the speeds that the vehicle is capable to go, so to just think that creating a spoiler and putting it on a car and saying it looks great has very little to do with if it actually fits the car and functions to improve the airflow on the car.
I doubt the guys in China are doing any testing, their initial investment was to simply buy a Brabus part and then just copy it...simple as that, and at that point how can one really take pride in that part, and say it is comparable to the original, especially when those copy parts are also stamping the BRABUS name in the parts and marketing it as Brabus...lets be honest, the parts are attractive, and the BRABUS name always lends a part to have credibility, so again this is why I initially asked the questions, because it is unfortunate as I have had customers that have gotten burned on parts that did not fit properly, or were poor quality in the finish, and I have also heard of parts being seized by Customs for parts that are labeled BRABUS and or styled BRABUS parts, and when that happens it is the buyer that gets screwed and out of the money, not the supplier.

Anyway, I hope all goes well with your build.
Enjoy your car...cheers!
Old 10-29-2021, 05:01 AM

21' BMW X6M 21' G63
I'll make one final point and hopefully we can agree to just disagree..........

Gwagenparts.com........B-style Carbon Fiber Hood Attachment for 2019-on G-class - GwagenParts.com | Mercedes G-class Parts is selling replica components that are styled after the brands we are speaking about.

Replica parts are being sold worldwide by a variety of vendors because they realize that this is a segment, perhaps larger than anyone can imagine, that can not be ignored. Globalization is here to stay and you can continue to stick your head in the sand (no disrespect intended) and ignore the fact that market competition ultimately will dictate where and what the consumer choses to purchase. These Asian companies are far more innovative than most understand. I'm very familiar with this market because I have done business in China for 40 years. Initially it was Brabus, than all the others came. The Asians have stepped in and will dominate with price and performance if companies like Brabus believe they have a superior product and continue to charge 4 or 5 times more. I can tell you that the Asian companies I deal are focused on R&D and will do whatever is necessary to out innovate any competitor to gain market dominance, if they feel there is an opportunity. One just has to look at the past twenty years to understand this. They play the long game, underestimating them by assuming inferior product would be a mistake.

Now can I just enjoy my build and those that are interested in the project are welcome to tag along. I thought I came onto the site to share experiences, learn and decompress.

Last edited by Theatrix1; 10-29-2021 at 03:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2021 Aftermarket Build