G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

19' G63 EASY Infotainment system upgraded!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 05:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G63
Wireless CarPlay with Youtube watching

No need to wait for the NEXT model. Catch up on your watchlist to the car's display from a screen mirroring.

I'm happy to share that I got a dongle that works perfectly with my 19' G63. It seems like this adapter is a new model from this year, bringing Youtube and Netflix to my dashboard of its Android entertainment system. Runs perfectly so far.

A few caveats... I have an iPhone X, which I guess is a bit long in the tooth at this point, but it works fine with this adapter. I can’t speak to other iPhone models. It seems slightly slower to change tracks and it doesn’t pair to the system instantly (takes about 20 seconds from the time you start the car), but in just about every other way, it's perfect.

Highly recommended!
https://carplaysmartbox.com/products/screen-mirroring-factory-wireless-carplay-adapter-mercedes-benz-gla-glb-glc-gle-gls-sl-slc-a180-a200-c200-e350-s-class

Last edited by TREBBLE; 11-20-2021 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBD
Interesting device. Have a few questions for you if you don’t mind…
  • Does this allow screen mirroring, with let’s say Netflix on, to stream while the car is in motion?
  • Is it simply plug in the black box to the USB connection and then select android/apple car play on the screen? Or do you have to add some sort of other part behind the dash/screen to allow this black box to work? Looking at some of the instructions on their site, they show steps of taking apart the dash to insert some sort of other wiring device/console thing.
  • Once you ordered, how long did it take to come in?
Thanks in advance
Old 11-26-2021, 03:34 AM

G63
Yes, it's a plug and play device. just plug the box into USB port. Then wireless CarPlay works.

With its screen mirroring function, the are 2 options. one is phone cast, you can see on your dashboard with exactly what's shown on your phone.
For me, I prefer another one. TV screen, which allow you play Youtube, netflix or any TV shows projected from you phone.Actually, they have a better one, which allows you download all google play store apps, like Youtube, NBA... to your car.
If you like it, you may try this one and It costs more. For me, the above one is perfect, it took about 10 days delivery and works fine so far.
The following users liked this post:
G63 AMG (11-26-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 09:08 PM

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
2021 G550, BMW X5M, 2020 Toyota Supra LE
Any connection issues?

i have purchased 2 “higher end” adaptors and returned both of them.

Both seemed to have connection issues at startup. Resulting in me having to manually connect and/or plug/unplug the adaptor to get connected.

Also, my last one started in Android OS so I always had to click out of that, however, if I wanted to a screenmirror I had to click over to Android..::it was so frustrating….

I have pretty much given up…and now I see this thread…
Old 11-30-2021, 03:59 AM

G63
What brand of adapter you got?

The little box works well on my car so far. and it took about 1-2 mins to set up the connection at the first time, and i get it automatic connection with 10-15 seconds, and takes not step of carplay screen mirroring on dashboard.

I mostly use TV mirroring outside, not on the road. it's easy to click in on the screen.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by TREBBLE
What brand of adapter you got?

The little box works well on my car so far. and it took about 1-2 mins to set up the connection at the first time, and i get it automatic connection with 10-15 seconds, and takes not step of carplay screen mirroring on dashboard.

I mostly use TV mirroring outside, not on the road. it's easy to click in on the screen.
Based on your thread I ordered the one you are using. The last one I tried was called something like Car2Play. (I may have the name wrong)
Old 12-14-2021, 04:24 PM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
G63 amg
Don’t bother buying one. Took 15 days to arrive from China, after hours of trying finally made youtube and internet work but no matter what I do CarPlay does not work. Trying to get a refund and return instructions now.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ilksurfer
Don’t bother buying one. Took 15 days to arrive from China, after hours of trying finally made youtube and internet work but no matter what I do CarPlay does not work. Trying to get a refund and return instructions now.
Dang, I don’t like hearing that….mine is still in the shipping process….
Old 12-25-2021, 10:30 PM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
G63 amg
So that you know they do not refund or provide a return address. This thread should be deleted so no one falls far it as I did. Not cheap either over $250 for the product.
The following users liked this post:
084runnerltd (12-26-2021)
Old 12-26-2021, 07:12 PM

I am gone for Christmas but mine just arrived…from the sounds of it, it will be a chargeback…
Old 12-26-2021, 07:40 PM

TBD
I received mine a few days ago and I've had no issues so far. It takes a minute to get up and running but that's not a big deal. I haven't figured out the phone/screen mirroring function but I've gotten YouTube, fubotv and Netflix to work. My only issue is that I have to use hotspot on my phone for it to work instead of the cars hotspot. I plan on disabling the car hot spot and ordering some sort of mobile hotspot from Verizon to use with this box and blackvue cameras
Old 03-17-2022, 03:05 AM

GLE 450
I got the dongle with a 2022 new version, it works well on my 2019 MBG, that supports both CarPlay and Android Auto, and get access to install any apps on MBUX. Highly recommend!

Last edited by Enoch.7; 03-17-2022 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Modify pictures
Old 03-21-2022, 11:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 G63, 2021 URUS, 2020 SVJ Roadster, 2020 718 Spyder
Originally Posted by Enoch.7
I got the dongle with a 2022 new version, it works well on my 2019 MBG, that supports both CarPlay and Android Auto, and get access to install any apps on MBUX. Highly recommend!

These photos are from the product webpage. They look photoshopped.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:12 PM

Mine is hit or miss….

I tried to work with them for tech support…that didn’t work. Tried to return it and got no response. Ended up doing a chargeback with my CC.

They then reached out to me asking for videos of it not working. (Which isn’t as easy as it sounds, as when it wasn’t working I would grab my phone to record it, but then it would disconnect completely.). They also wanted all of the original package (which I had saved), a 20% restocking fee, and postage paid by me.

I replied to them asking a few questions and they went silent…

I did send them a detailed write-up of the issues I was encountering:

1). Pressing down on controller when I had “music” selected, would bring up a different submenu (as if the icon was on “navigation” or “phone.”)

2). Screen mirroring won’t send audio rendering it useless, as when you select to use the phones audio it disconnects from mirroring

3). Won’t connect to Mercedes’ hotspot, if it does it quickly disconnects.

4). At times locks up completely

For now, it works about 70% of the time (referring to wireless CarPlay). I gave up on screen mirroring. Biggest issue it suffers now is when the icon doesn’t line up, which ruins the whole experience. In this case I have to turn off the car or disconnect and reconnect the system.

I happy to use it when it works since Amex gave me my money back, but would be pretty disgruntled if Amex nor the seller would work with me.

YMMV..