G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Alberta/BC Canada Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 05:12 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 AMG GTC, 2021 Macan GTS, 2021 Golf GTI
Alberta/BC Canada Owners

Anyone in the Alberta/BC region interested in a new 21 G63. Emerald green on truffle, loaded spec.

Late 21 car brand new - $357,205.25 CAD + GST

Offered through my contact at MB dealership. Thought I would share.

PM me for further details!

Last edited by sodhigtc; 04-22-2022 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Edits
Old 04-22-2022, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
Others have said CDN dealers can't sell above MSRP. This vehicle seems priced ~ $125K (CDN) above MSRP (?).
Old 04-22-2022, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by streborx
Others have said CDN dealers can't sell above MSRP. This vehicle seems priced ~ $125K (CDN) above MSRP (?).
im not sure where you heard that. Pretty much all the dealers in Canada are over mrsp just like the US. Especially now with the shortage of inventory..
also this car is landed on the ground. People waiting years for them obviously won’t pay overs but someone not wanting to wait, this is an opportunity for them should they be interested.

Last edited by sodhigtc; 04-22-2022 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by sodhigtc
im not sure where you heard that. Pretty much all the dealers in Canada are over mrsp just like the US. Especially now with the shortage of inventory..
also this car is landed on the ground. People waiting years for them obviously won’t pay overs but someone not wanting to wait, this is an opportunity for them should they be interested.
There have been several threads on this forum, such as #4 at https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w...up-canada.html, that state CDN dealers can't charge above MSRP for any new vehicle, so they sell the vehicle to a second dealer, list it as used, and add a markup.
Just curious about how things work there.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:14 PM

There have been several threads on this forum, such as #4 at https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w...up-canada.html, that state CDN dealers can't charge above MSRP for any new vehicle, so they sell the vehicle to a second dealer, list it as used, and add a markup.
Just curious about how things work there.
as msrp is a suggested retail price the dealers are still allowed to charge over or unders. Essentially they can charge whatever they like given the demand and shortage.
yes dealers can sell the vehicle to another dealer but you will find most will just list it as a demo unit but with no km.

i understand that the regular customer sat on a wait list is happy to pay zero over but as mentioned this is for the individual who does not want to wait and will pay the premium to get it the car right away.
Old 04-23-2022, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by sodhigtc
as msrp is a suggested retail price the dealers are still allowed to charge over or unders. Essentially they can charge whatever they like given the demand and shortage.
yes dealers can sell the vehicle to another dealer but you will find most will just list it as a demo unit but with no km.

i understand that the regular customer sat on a wait list is happy to pay zero over but as mentioned this is for the individual who does not want to wait and will pay the premium to get it the car right away.
Thanks for this clarification. There has been much anger and annoyance voiced on this forum over these insane markups, but I am a free market advocate, and I understand this is the way supply and demand works. At $100K (U.S.) over MSRP, I'm not interested, but there are others who are and the guy willing to pay the markup deserves the vehicle. Consumer Reports recently revealed that of the top 10 vehicles selling for the most over MSRP, 7 of them are Kia models that are fetching 20% premiums. Put in this perspective, 60% on a G63 doesn't seem so unreasonable.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350
Originally Posted by sodhigtc;[url=tel:8551804
8551804[/url]]im not sure where you heard that. Pretty much all the dealers in Canada are over mrsp just like the US. Especially now with the shortage of inventory..

lol, you are full of something!!!
Old 04-23-2022, 08:24 PM

Please delete

Car was sold. Post can be deleted
Old 04-25-2022, 02:46 PM

Received 145 Likes on 89 Posts
GTC, C43 coupe, GLC 300
Originally Posted by zoomx2ian
lol, you are full of something!!!
So much wrong with this I dont even know where to start.
For the billionth time, no dealership in Canada can charge an ADM for ANY new vehicle.
I will bet my life savings this was another case of someone driving a brand new 21 for less than a week then re-selling it as a used (but pretty much new) which can then have an ADM on it.
OP dont try to come on here and give people the wrong info to justify your stupid ADM, it seems like you already found a sucker to buy but just putting this here so other Canadians dont get taken advantage of when buying a legitimate new car here.
Old 04-25-2022, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
From a cursory search of Canadian motor vehicle sales laws, dealerships are regulated within each province by agencies such as Ontario's OMVIC (Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council). Its website, https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/, includes a plethora of consumer protection information, but nowhere therein is any mention of any Canadian national statute that restricts a dealership from selling new automobiles above MSRP. What is clearly and concisely stated is that vehicles advertised for sale must be listed at their "All In Price" (sometimes known as "out the door"). Dealerships cannot advertise a vehicle at a price, and subsequently add in multitudes of fees and extras that escalate that price. If a vehicle's advertised price is MSRP plus the all-in pricing extras (taxes, delivery, dealer prep, etc.), then the dealer has to honor that advertised price.

The vehicle window sticker in the OP appears to be completely in compliance with AMVIC (OMVIC's equivalent in Alberta) regulations, and its MSRP plus ADM is entirely legal. However, this is my conclusion from only a brief review of the matter. Those insisting ADMs are not legal in Canada are asked to cite the relevant statutes that prohibit such.
The following users liked this post:
gokro (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 12:01 PM

GTC, C43 coupe, GLC 300
From a cursory search of Canadian motor vehicle sales laws, dealerships are regulated within each province by agencies such as Ontario's OMVIC (Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council). Its website, https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/, includes a plethora of consumer protection information, but nowhere therein is any mention of any Canadian national statute that restricts a dealership from selling new automobiles above MSRP. What is clearly and concisely stated is that vehicles advertised for sale must be listed at their "All In Price" (sometimes known as "out the door"). Dealerships cannot advertise a vehicle at a price, and subsequently add in multitudes of fees and extras that escalate that price. If a vehicle's advertised price is MSRP plus the all-in pricing extras (taxes, delivery, dealer prep, etc.), then the dealer has to honor that advertised price.
The vehicle window sticker in the OP appears to be completely in compliance with AMVIC (OMVIC's equivalent in Alberta) regulations, and its MSRP plus ADM is entirely legal. However, this is my conclusion from only a brief review of the matter. Those insisting ADMs are not legal in Canada are asked to cite the relevant statutes that prohibit such.
That's great and all, but a dealer tried to pull this move on my new GTC and all it took was a 30 second phone call to my province's vehicle sales authority and magically my car went back to MSRP....For people who dont know who to complain to, yes they can easily get screwed and dealerships will happily continue to screw them.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by 3.Pointed.Czar
That's great and all, but a dealer tried to pull this move on my new GTC and all it took was a 30 second phone call to my province's vehicle sales authority and magically my car went back to MSRP....For people who dont know who to complain to, yes they can easily get screwed and dealerships will happily continue to screw them.
A financial fortune awaits you acting as a broker for aspiring car buyers. I would gladly pay you a handsome sum to close a deal on a 2021 G63 at MSRP.
I'm still curious, however, why there's no mention of ADMs boldly and clearly stated on the motor vehicle sales authority websites.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:38 PM

GTC, C43 coupe, GLC 300
A financial fortune awaits you acting as a broker for aspiring car buyers. I would gladly pay you a handsome sum to close a deal on a 2021 G63 at MSRP.
Impossible because all of the 21's have been spoken for, which is why you're seeing ADM's because they are either used or very lightly used.
This will be my 7th Benz from the same dealership and even I have to wait at the very least 2 years for mine. Placed my order Feb 2021, so mine will likely be a 23.
My dealership only takes G63 orders from their previous existing customers because they wont waste a hot commodity on strangers over their own loyal customers since they cant charge ADM's.
Again this is my specific experience and I was under the assumption it was the same everywhere else in Canada.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350
If you jack up $100K over MSRP to scam ppl, and there has one to suck it. God bless you!!!
The following users liked this post:
Azzurri (04-27-2022)