G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Who wants my 997.2 GT3 in GT Silver for your upcoming G63?!...>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2021 | 03:09 PM

997s
Who wants my 997.2 GT3 in GT Silver for your upcoming G63?!...>

Hi all

I posted a while back just getting a feel. This is an extremely long post so if you are not interested in buying a GT3 you may not want to read the rest-fair warning- i can be longwinded!

I had mentioned to the group I was considering selling my 997.2 GT3 to get a brand new G wagon. Earlier post

I would like to take this to the next level but I’m not sure if this is even doable. The G63 may be the GT3 RS 4.0, meaning impossible to buy unless your older brother owns a dealership-lol..funny but almost true...

I know I have a very sought after car. Can you believe a 992 Carrera S is about $145 grand these days.

I would like to do a deal with someone who has a G63 allocation and if that person wants to give that up I would trade my car and some cash to be agreed-upon.

That is the difficult part, agreeing on the value of my GT3. There are very few for sale and they have gone up significantly in the last six months.

Those of you who are Porsche aficionados know that this is a very special car, no need to talk about the engine and the last of the analog cars etc. etc. Again they rarely come up for sale and I believe I may have the lowest mileage one in the United States.

Here is the information and details on my car for those of you who are interested in exploring this. Of course I also have pics and a video if we engage in a serious dialog.

It is a 2011 997.2 GT3. It is GT silver with black interior.

It has a sport Chrono package dynamic engine mounts and fire extinguisher. It does not have the front lift axle. Steel brakes.

I bought this brand new at Porsche of Melbourne Florida in October 2010. I am the only owner.

this car has never spent the night outside. It has been garaged 24 seven. It has never been tracked, never been driven in the rain, never left the state of Florida. I have not even let someone who has smoked a cigarette get into my car without washing their hands. This should give you an idea of how the car was treated

I have all the maintenance records with oil changes, brake flushed and spark plug changes. It has a brand new set of Pirelli tires which are about A year old and have seen less than 500 miles on them.

The total mileage on the car is about 7950.

Again this car does not have one scratch on it it is absolutely show room condition and indistinguishable from new.

It just sits in the garage and I have not driven it in about two years. I just keep it maintained and cleaned and the battery charged but it is just sitting there appreciating in value.

Now I thought instead of treating this as a mutual fund why not let me drive some thing at least that I enjoy and can use instead of just sitting there. That is the reason for me getting rid of it. I just turned 50 and frankly Porsche race cars are just not for me anymore.

I am looking to order a brand new and I’m not interested in used. I do not buy used cars, never have, never will. I want to be the original owner.

I am looking at a G 63 in Jupiter REd or monzo grey (have not decided yet) with very little options. I would probably do the carbon fiber option and that’s it. So generally speaking this is about 170 K MSRP best as I could see in the builder.

My email is ericmhochman@gmail.com

I am not really sure how we move forward or if this is even doable. I am not willing to pay an additional markup. I got my GT3 at list price and I plan on getting the Mercedes at list price or I will just wait another couple of years or just not even get one. I am in no rush to sell or trade my 997.2 gt3 as it just sits there and I have a Land Cruiser as a daily driver which I am super happy with.

If I do this we will do this the right way I am located in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and we can have a Porsche dealer or Mercedes dealer do the transaction for us.

I did want to say some thing so we’re not wasting everyone’s time. I don’t know the exact value of my car but it’s certainly not $125,000. I saw one listed for $150,000 and that had 15,000 miles on it. and by the way, we can all agree to disagree but I think the 997.2 GT3 is a 180k to 200k in a few years. as i said earlier and I am sure all of you know, a new 992 s mid optioned is almost $145k..and lets be real honest-that is not a special car..its just not. yes its faster and has better tech than my gt3 but its jyst not special..and all of you know what i mean..when you sit in a gt3 its special..

I just wanted to say as a point of reference I am not interested in lowball offers and want to be fair but reasonable.

Anyway thank you very much for reading and if you have any interest or are creative in sales and know how to get this deal done for me where both parties are happy and feel fairly treated for this high flying expensive swap sale please let me know.
Thanks again
Eric
The following users liked this post:
PlayersClubWheels (06-24-2021)
Old 06-23-2021 | 09:01 AM

997s
No bites? ….

i thought i would hear from at least one person that was a Porsche fanatic and wanted to do a deal. I thought there was a lot of crossover with Porsche and G wagon owners no? Anyway thanks and if anyone wants to try to do a deal please reach out. Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by ericmichael
Hi all

I posted a while back just getting a feel. This is an extremely long post so if you are not interested in buying a GT3 you may not want to read the rest-fair warning- i can be longwinded!

I had mentioned to the group I was considering selling my 997.2 GT3 to get a brand new G wagon. Earlier post

I would like to take this to the next level but I’m not sure if this is even doable. The G63 may be the GT3 RS 4.0, meaning impossible to buy unless your older brother owns a dealership-lol..funny but almost true...

I know I have a very sought after car. Can you believe a 992 Carrera S is about $145 grand these days.

I would like to do a deal with someone who has a G63 allocation and if that person wants to give that up I would trade my car and some cash to be agreed-upon.

That is the difficult part, agreeing on the value of my GT3. There are very few for sale and they have gone up significantly in the last six months.

Those of you who are Porsche aficionados know that this is a very special car, no need to talk about the engine and the last of the analog cars etc. etc. Again they rarely come up for sale and I believe I may have the lowest mileage one in the United States.

Here is the information and details on my car for those of you who are interested in exploring this. Of course I also have pics and a video if we engage in a serious dialog.

It is a 2011 997.2 GT3. It is GT silver with black interior.

It has a sport Chrono package dynamic engine mounts and fire extinguisher. It does not have the front lift axle. Steel brakes.

I bought this brand new at Porsche of Melbourne Florida in October 2010. I am the only owner.

this car has never spent the night outside. It has been garaged 24 seven. It has never been tracked, never been driven in the rain, never left the state of Florida. I have not even let someone who has smoked a cigarette get into my car without washing their hands. This should give you an idea of how the car was treated

I have all the maintenance records with oil changes, brake flushed and spark plug changes. It has a brand new set of Pirelli tires which are about A year old and have seen less than 500 miles on them.

The total mileage on the car is about 7950.

Again this car does not have one scratch on it it is absolutely show room condition and indistinguishable from new.

It just sits in the garage and I have not driven it in about two years. I just keep it maintained and cleaned and the battery charged but it is just sitting there appreciating in value.

Now I thought instead of treating this as a mutual fund why not let me drive some thing at least that I enjoy and can use instead of just sitting there. That is the reason for me getting rid of it. I just turned 50 and frankly Porsche race cars are just not for me anymore.

I am looking to order a brand new and I’m not interested in used. I do not buy used cars, never have, never will. I want to be the original owner.

I am looking at a G 63 in Jupiter REd or monzo grey (have not decided yet) with very little options. I would probably do the carbon fiber option and that’s it. So generally speaking this is about 170 K MSRP best as I could see in the builder.

My email is ericmhochman@gmail.com

I am not really sure how we move forward or if this is even doable. I am not willing to pay an additional markup. I got my GT3 at list price and I plan on getting the Mercedes at list price or I will just wait another couple of years or just not even get one. I am in no rush to sell or trade my 997.2 gt3 as it just sits there and I have a Land Cruiser as a daily driver which I am super happy with.

If I do this we will do this the right way I am located in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and we can have a Porsche dealer or Mercedes dealer do the transaction for us.

I did want to say some thing so we’re not wasting everyone’s time. I don’t know the exact value of my car but it’s certainly not $125,000. I saw one listed for $150,000 and that had 15,000 miles on it. and by the way, we can all agree to disagree but I think the 997.2 GT3 is a 180k to 200k in a few years. as i said earlier and I am sure all of you know, a new 992 s mid optioned is almost $145k..and lets be real honest-that is not a special car..its just not. yes its faster and has better tech than my gt3 but its jyst not special..and all of you know what i mean..when you sit in a gt3 its special..

I just wanted to say as a point of reference I am not interested in lowball offers and want to be fair but reasonable.

Anyway thank you very much for reading and if you have any interest or are creative in sales and know how to get this deal done for me where both parties are happy and feel fairly treated for this high flying expensive swap sale please let me know.
Thanks again
Eric
The following users liked this post:
PlayersClubWheels (06-24-2021)
Old 06-23-2021 | 11:31 AM

G63, 911S, ModelX, Tacoma
As you'd mentioned, the tough part is agreeing on the value. As a seller you may want to just come out with it. What are you asking? Being direct at times has value... to everyone involved.
To me, you sound as if your ask is going to be unreasonable. A "make me sell" type of post. Having sold and bought (for personal use) various items, watches, cars, real estate, I rarely, if ever, engage with a seller who first asks what am I willing to pay...

Good luck to you.

by the by, have you considered listing it on bringatrailer? Let the market tell you what the car is worth...
Old 06-23-2021 | 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
Originally Posted by ericmichael
i thought i would hear from at least one person that was a Porsche fanatic and wanted to do a deal. I thought there was a lot of crossover with Porsche and G wagon owners no? Anyway thanks and if anyone wants to try to do a deal please reach out. Thanks in advance
Well, you have a couple of issues. First, like any seller you need to put a price on the car you are selling.
The responses you get will let you know where you are relative to the marketplace.
Second, getting a G 63 allocation @ MSRP for delivery in the next few months is HIGHLY unlikely.
I think your best bet would be to try and find a G 63 allocation and sell your Porsche separately.
Old 06-23-2021 | 06:38 PM
haa

Sorry wrong thread

Last edited by haa; 06-23-2021 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2021 | 06:47 PM

e92 ///M3
Respectfully,
I think you think your GT3 is worth too much. More collectors chase RS's. GT3 is a great car, but not an RS.
Good luck
Old 06-23-2021 | 07:33 PM

G550
Not to pile on to what everyone else is saying, but they're right. Also, you seem too emotionally attached to your Porsche. I've learned to never do a deal with someone emotionally attached to what they are selling... Good luck!
Old 06-23-2021 | 09:32 PM

G63
too hard basket.