New G-Class Recall (23P5491809)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2023 | 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by 084runnerltd
I am infected too….It’s hell having the closest dealership 8hours away…;(
I'm 6 hours away from the closest dealer. The upside is I've had a chance to experience customer service in several locations.
Mercedes Benz of Chandler (AZ): A+
Mercedes Benz of St. George (UT): F-
Old 04-09-2023 | 10:30 PM

G400D AMG (Waiting)
Today I got the letter in the UK Its all over the world now not just USA. Mine was 2020 so has to be sent back never had any issues tho

Just to confirm its affected

G350/G400/G500/G550/G63

Last edited by DaffiDuck; 04-09-2023 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2023 | 02:04 AM

‘13 911-4S, ‘21 CTR, '22 GT4, ‘19 G63
Got mine replaced today. MB of Stevens Creek.
Old 04-19-2023 | 12:11 PM

2021 G63 & 2022 G63
Received a letter from MB Canada in the mail.

Safety Recall: Routing Front Axle Wiring Harness

Dealer will check the front axle wiring harness and replace if necessary as well as install a protective sleeve (2.5 hrs of work)
Old 04-20-2023 | 12:35 PM

2021 Night Black Magno G63
I just dropped off my 2021 G63 to take care of the recall earlier this morning and am waiting for my truck to be ready by the end of the day
Old 05-30-2023 | 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
I made an appointment with my dealer (MB Westminster (Denver area)) for this recall service 7 weeks ago for 4 weeks thereafter. I arrived 15 minutes early for the 8 a.m. appointment. Told the service rep I planned to wait for the vehicle since the service bulletin procedure appeared as if it required only a couple hours. The service rep told me they were booked and couldn't do the repair that day, but I could leave my vehicle and they would call me the next week when it was done. WTF!!! Are service appointments now only for when you show up to park you vehicle and drop off the key? Got up, told the rep I wouldn't be back and drove away. I'm sure the service manager's over-booking policy is winning accolades from the GM for never having an empty service bay or an idle mechanic, but pissed-off customers don't seem to matter. Certainly the dealership's loss, not mine. I'll go elsewhere.
Old 05-30-2023 | 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Originally Posted by streborx
I made an appointment with my dealer (MB Westminster (Denver area)) for this recall service 7 weeks ago for 4 weeks thereafter. I arrived 15 minutes early for the 8 a.m. appointment. Told the service rep I planned to wait for the vehicle since the service bulletin procedure appeared as if it required only a couple hours. The service rep told me they were booked and couldn't do the repair that day, but I could leave my vehicle and they would call me the next week when it was done. WTF!!! Are service appointments now only for when you show up to park you vehicle and drop off the key? Got up, told the rep I wouldn't be back and drove away. I'm sure the service manager's over-booking policy is winning accolades from the GM for never having an empty service bay or an idle mechanic, but pissed-off customers don't seem to matter. Certainly the dealership's loss, not mine. I'll go elsewhere.
If they have to order parts, like in this case, it would never be same-day service.
Old 05-30-2023 | 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by Eaton
If they have to order parts, like in this case, it would never be same-day service.
I always ask about parts availability after encountering this problem with a dealer on the differential locking actuator recall, and this dealer assured me the wiring harness was in stock if needed. I've revised my recall appointment scheduling questionnaire to include the following:

1. Is your service department aware of NHTSA safety recall # ___________?
2. Do you have a mechanic who is trained and capable (and preferably experienced) in performing this recall repair?
3. Will you have the replacement parts required by this recall available at the time of this appointment if such parts are required?
4. Will the recall repair be completed at the scheduled appointment time and within the service bulletin's estimated time?

Mercedes Benz doesn't seem to take NHTSA recalls seriously, except for when it halts deliveries. MB is more concerned with the small cost associated with making parts available than with the inconvenience that their design and manufacturing screw-ups cause their customers. MB should be doing a better job taking care of customers who have purchased $140K vehicles from them. I've never owned any vehicle that has logged 5 recalls over any length of time, much less 5 recalls in 3 years.
Old 05-30-2023 | 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Originally Posted by streborx
I always ask about parts availability after encountering this problem with a dealer on the differential locking actuator recall, and this dealer assured me the wiring harness was in stock if needed. I've revised my recall appointment scheduling questionnaire to include the following:

1. Is your service department aware of NHTSA safety recall # ___________?
2. Do you have a mechanic who is trained and capable (and preferably experienced) in performing this recall repair?
3. Will you have the replacement parts required by this recall available at the time of this appointment if such parts are required?
4. Will the recall repair be completed at the scheduled appointment time and within the service bulletin's estimated time?

Mercedes Benz doesn't seem to take NHTSA recalls seriously, except for when it halts deliveries. MB is more concerned with the small cost associated with making parts available than with the inconvenience that their design and manufacturing screw-ups cause their customers. MB should be doing a better job taking care of customers who have purchased $140K vehicles from them. I've never owned any vehicle that has logged 5 recalls over any length of time, much less 5 recalls in 3 years.
When the VIN is run the recalls all pop up, so they would definitely know.
When I schedule service, I get an automatic email from the dealer and the recall #s are there.
As for parts, they might order in advance of the appointment, but I'm not sure and it may differ per dealer.
Old 06-01-2023 | 05:30 AM
Banned

HIMARS M142
Bummer, will have someone drive the beast to the dealer.
Old 06-01-2023 | 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
If you’re not driving off-road this is hardly urgent.
The following users liked this post:
Saint*Himars (06-01-2023)