G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

How good are trade in values for a 23

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2024 | 07:46 AM

Gl450
How good are trade in values for a 23

Just wondering about trade in 23 for a 25 once they begin to show up .. wondering how good trade in are and is it better to sell and buy new one . Never done one before wondering if tax is only applied to the difference in what you pay minus the trade in ?
Old 07-28-2024 | 09:31 AM

2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by ashishNJ
Just wondering about trade in 23 for a 25 once they begin to show up .. wondering how good trade in are and is it better to sell and buy new one . Never done one before wondering if tax is only applied to the difference in what you pay minus the trade in ?
Depends what your state tax laws are. Where I live, you pay the difference in sales tax. Any dealer can give you the MMR numbers for your vehicle depending on mileage and condition. My dealer makes my trade part of the deal. No trade, no G 63.
Old 07-28-2024 | 11:03 AM
haa

Originally Posted by Craig B
Depends what your state tax laws are. Where I live, you pay the difference in sales tax. Any dealer can give you the MMR numbers for your vehicle depending on mileage and condition. My dealer makes my trade part of the deal. No trade, no G 63.
Does the dealer give you MMR? My experience is they usually want to pay less than MMR for trades
Old 07-28-2024 | 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by haa
Does the dealer give you MMR? My experience is they usually want to pay less than MMR for trades
Any dealer, not just a Mercedes dealership can give you the MMR numbers for your vehicle. My dealer is very fair about trading, but I’ve done a lot of business with them.
Old 07-28-2024 | 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 G63
Depends on the dealer. I’ve had quotes vary by $20k. Unfortunately for me when this happened the lowest quote was the dealer I was buying from so I had to eat the tax. Fortunately for NC it’s only 3 percent.

I’ve found the dealer usually asks for a few thousand less than MMR to give them cushion in case they need to auction it off. With tax savings I find the deal fair.
Old 09-06-2024 | 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
i jsut called a local dealer here in UT a few weeks ago and they offered my $185K for my 4K mile '23 - new sticker price as $208K
i turned them down as they had a 23 with 16k miles on their site for $215 lower spec G than min

if they would have offered me 195 - 200 i probably would have taken it or if they offered deal to order an S63 then probs too.
Old 09-07-2024 | 11:59 AM

G63
Having bought sold and traded a few cars over the last couple months, it's amazing to me the delta between prices for what dealers are selling cars for and values they offer for trade-in.. that spread seems to be widening which indicates to me they want a much larger margin, maybe inventory is not moving as much
Old 09-07-2024 | 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 G63
I think it’s important to know what the cars are auctioning for on Mannheim so you know what the dealers base is—they will want to offer below this so if the car doesn’t move they can always auction it off and still turn a profit.

Unfortunately to get this data you need an in with a dealer or somebody who has an account.
Old 09-07-2024 | 02:07 PM

G63
Originally Posted by Hodog16
I think it’s important to know what the cars are auctioning for on Mannheim so you know what the dealers base is—they will want to offer below this so if the car doesn’t move they can always auction it off and still turn a profit.

Unfortunately to get this data you need an in with a dealer or somebody who has an account.
Yeah for sure. MMR helps establish a center point. The issue is, let's say dealer offers below MMR, what are you willing to do? Privately list on [car]forum.com/autotrader etc and deal with the tire kickers, or hold onto the car? Hate to admit this but to trade in or sell the car and get the wire next day from a dealer, sure is enticing to me versus the headache.. different strokes for different folks. After this latest car "shake up" of mine, I hope this is it for awhile once my G lands!
Old 09-07-2024 | 06:29 PM

Any dealer should be able to give you the MMR numbers. Doesn’t have to be a Mercedes dealer. You can also hire a broker, or look around online for an online dealer to purchase it. Some dealer has a free service called Lasso that puts it out to dealers to bid on it. Good luck!
Old 09-07-2024 | 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 G63
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Yeah for sure. MMR helps establish a center point. The issue is, let's say dealer offers below MMR, what are you willing to do? Privately list on [car]forum.com/autotrader etc and deal with the tire kickers, or hold onto the car? Hate to admit this but to trade in or sell the car and get the wire next day from a dealer, sure is enticing to me versus the headache.. different strokes for different folks. After this latest car "shake up" of mine, I hope this is it for awhile once my G lands!
Wow your dealer wires the money? Nice. When I had a lien it would take like a month to get a check mailed from the corporate office, but with the title in hand it still takes 2 weeks or so.
Old 09-08-2024 | 05:00 AM

Wow your dealer wires the money? Nice. When I had a lien it would take like a month to get a check mailed from the corporate office, but with the title in hand it still takes 2 weeks or so.
My dealership writes a check immediately.
Old 09-08-2024 | 08:07 AM

'21 Porsche Taycan Turbo / '25 Range Rover
Originally Posted by ashishNJ
2 quick notes:

1) I've in the past sold private party and had the dealership facilitate the deal - meaning I got the trade-in tax benefit and the buyer got the piece of mind with getting it from a dealership and the implied warranties that come with it. The dealership did charge a grand or two for the process though - you can see if your dealership is willing to play ball and offer it to any buyer as an option.

2) If you're in NJ, I have a some great contacts at a couple of MB dealerships in NYC; if you're willing to drive an hour, I can help find you one that can offer the best deals (for both the new car & trade-in). Just PM me. Full disclosure: The company I own does marking for 100s of dealerships - I can't promise any special treatments, but I usually have a good relationship with the dealership GMs & Owners and they have helped people get better deals when I ask them.