G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

G63 Values

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2024 | 02:53 PM

mclaren 720s
G63 Values

Dont seem like they are holding up well. Not really looking to sell but tested market with my 22 63 in arabian grey, 14k miles so driven only about 3-4k/year. Msrp 217k. Offered 160k and 165k by two wholesalers. That seems very low and definitely not worth the upgrade to a 2025 which has a mild hybrid for a 90k price difference. Just to get touch screen and other minor items. Minus the iwc watch which is a staple in the G’s
The following 2 users liked this post by spourreza:
dcarrer0 (10-04-2024), tonygwagon (10-04-2024)
Old 10-04-2024 | 04:07 PM

'21 Porsche Taycan Turbo / '25 Range Rover
Originally Posted by spourreza
Dont seem like they are holding up well. Not really looking to sell but tested market with my 22 63 in arabian grey, 14k miles so driven only about 3-4k/year. Msrp 217k. Offered 160k and 165k by two wholesalers. That seems very low and definitely not worth the upgrade to a 2025 which has a mild hybrid for a 90k price difference. Just to get touch screen and other minor items. Minus the iwc watch which is a staple in the G’s
You'd be getting new tech, new touch screen as you mentioned, and a 4-year warranty. Realistically, you can probably get $175k for your G63, and the 2025 one will cost you like $225k? So it's a $50k premium for the new model. Not terrible. The numbers look a lot worse on my '21 Taycan Turbo
The following 2 users liked this post by amelen:
danielsuo (Yesterday), spourreza (10-04-2024)
Old 10-04-2024 | 05:26 PM

G63
I don't think that's bad at all to be honest, noting wholesale prices are always going to be materially lower for a dealer/buyer to take the car off your hands and cut you a check/wire next day versus private party sale, consignment or trade-in against existing inventory.. and if you think that's bad stay away from nearly every other exotic or luxury car new north of $100k

I don't think the jump from 2019-2024 G63 to 2025 is big by any means, but if you want to spec a G63 to your taste the new gen only way to do it, and I'm looking forward to the new MBUX system
Old 10-04-2024 | 06:07 PM

mclaren 720s
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I don't think that's bad at all to be honest, noting wholesale prices are always going to be materially lower for a dealer/buyer to take the car off your hands and cut you a check/wire next day versus private party sale, consignment or trade-in against existing inventory.. and if you think that's bad stay away from nearly every other exotic or luxury car new north of $100k

I don't think the jump from 2019-2024 G63 to 2025 is big by any means, but if you want to spec a G63 to your taste the new gen only way to do it, and I'm looking forward to the new MBUX system
yah i get it. I own several supercars including mclaren and have a lambo on order so i am not unfamiliar with depreciation. My 2024 AMG gt53 and 2023 cls 450 have mbux and i am honestly not a fan. The touch screen also freezes… so mbux is what ev’s for me. So for me to jump, the key is the new pillars which lower wind noise… but i also dont like the console which removed the IWC watch. So its a mix bag. I figure, the options on my 22 will bring the 25 into the 250k category with a small markup above msrp. Just debating the price difference and the jump. I am surprised that with an msrp of 217k for my 2022 selling for 165k wholesale is almost 55k hit for a car thats 3 years old. For a G, thats worse than in the past. Note - i have owned 3 G63’s and this is the worse hit i have seen with any of my g63s. The market has softened alot…. Its obvious and that gives me some reason to pause and keep driving my 2022.

Last edited by spourreza; 10-04-2024 at 06:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by spourreza:
dcarrer0 (10-04-2024), EJKaufman (10-07-2024)
Old 10-04-2024 | 06:16 PM

yah i get it. I own several supercars including mclaren and have a lambo on order so i am not unfamiliar with depreciation. My 2024 AMG gt53 and 2023 cls 450 have mbux and i am honestly not a fan. The touch screen also freezes… so mbux is what ev’s for me. So for me to jump, the key is the new pillars which lower wind noise… but i also dont like the console which removed the IWC watch. So its a mix bag. I figure, the options on my 22 will bring the 25 into the 250k category with a small markup above msrp. Just debating the price difference and the jump. I am surprised that with an msrp of 217k for my 2022 selling for 165k wholesale is almost 55k hit for a car thats 3 years old. For a G, thats worse than in the past. Note - i have owned 3 G63’s and this is the worse hit i have seen with any of my g63s. The market has softened alot…. Its obvious and that gives me some reason to pause and keep driving my 2022.
The market softened on both ends - as in, the 2025 you can get for just $10-20k over MSRP in many cases (vs. $50k over MSRP a year ago). I even know a few dealers that are doing almost-at-MSRP at this point (and G550/G580 are definitely at MSRP). This will be my first G, wanted to try something different after a bunch of Porsche's.

Last edited by amelen; 10-04-2024 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2024 | 07:01 PM

G63
IMO definitely doesn't make sense rationally to upgrade from 2022 to 2025 unless you really want a spec you can't find or specifically your own given the cost + taxes + ADM, and they basically look the same to further the point

If I wasn't firmly set on speccing my own new, I would have definitely gone for a 2023/2024 for my 3rd G63.. btw trading in my 2021 G63 in 2023 with 12k miles, I took a big hit on that but nothing in comparison to trading in my two Cayenne Turbos I owned back to back just prior. Even your quoted wholesale values show they are still holding value fairly well even post-COVID bubble compared to nearly every other SUV out there, guessing roughly +10k for a trade-in or private party sale value

Look at Urus, Bentayga, Cullinan, Cayennes - could be way worse
The following users liked this post:
spourreza (10-04-2024)
Old 10-04-2024 | 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 G63
Seems like G63 values go disproportionately down after 1-2 model years and 10,000 miles on the clock. I'm hoping the 2025's will hold some value again but my days of upgrading annually may be over soon.
spourreza (10-04-2024)
Old 10-04-2024 | 08:31 PM

mclaren 720s
Originally Posted by Hodog16
Seems like G63 values go disproportionately down after 1-2 model years and 10,000 miles on the clock. I'm hoping the 2025's will hold some value again but my days of upgrading annually may be over soon.
yah. I think you are right. I did what you did with my other two G’s. Not this one. And this version is fully loaded, great color etc…. Oh well… wasnt really iching to move from 2022 to 2025 anyway
Old 10-05-2024 | 12:53 PM

'24 G63; '24 Emira V6 (manual); '15 SLS AMG GT Final Edition
I'm in the same boat as you, @spourreza . I won't be upgrading my '24 anytime soon - not enough of a difference for me to pull the trigger. Most importantly, I've been extremely satisfied with my '24. More so than any other car I ever purchased. The biggest difference I see is the addition of the MBUX. Given the driver's sitting position in the G, however, a touch screen is a bit distracting and too far to reach, imho (I'm 6'3" with long arms but like adjusting my seat towards the back). The only reason I'm in the market for a '25 is because my wife wants one for herself. I spoke casually with my dealer when I was there talking about the '25, and they said they could give me $170k for my '24 if I traded it in. I said no thanks.

@Hodog16 has done extremely well in his trade-ins. He seems to get a new G63 every year. It must drive his insurance agent crazy... Congrats.

My guess is that before the AMG V8 for the G63 really goes out of production for MB, MB will announce a "final edition". At that time (whenever that may be), then I will consider trading in my '24 as I'm certain the "final edition" will incorporate all the best features of G63. This is just my line of thinking.
spourreza (10-05-2024)
Old 10-05-2024 | 01:47 PM

G550
I’m also in the same boat. I do have a 2025 G63 on order but still not sure if I will take delivery when it arrives next month. The only thing enticing me to upgrade is the new suspension. I couldn’t care less about MBUX which imo already looks outdated and I don’t buy a G for the tech. If I wanted that I would pick up an EV instead.

I’m also struggling to justify the higher MSRP and lower resale values in the current market. I sold my 2024 G63 for a profit and still have my 2021 G550 which I think was the best valued MY for a G wagon.

So we will see… Once the 2025 arrives I’ll just go with my gut but granted it is difficult to make a decision when you’re at the dealer sitting in a new build... lol

AMGRonin (10-05-2024)
Old 10-05-2024 | 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by tonygwagon
I’m also in the same boat. I do have a 2025 G63 on order but still not sure if I will take delivery when it arrives next month. The only thing enticing me to upgrade is the new suspension. I couldn’t care less about MBUX which imo already looks outdated and I don’t buy a G for the tech. If I wanted that I would pick up an EV instead.

I’m also struggling to justify the higher MSRP and lower resale values in the current market. I sold my 2024 G63 for a profit and still have my 2021 G550 which I think was the best valued MY for a G wagon.

So we will see… Once the 2025 arrives I’ll just go with my gut but granted it is difficult to make a decision when you’re at the dealer sitting in a new build... lol
Congrats on selling your 2024 G63 for a profit. That is extremely difficult to do on a new 2024 G63 given its "true" resale value probably won't be established until a few years after the new facelift model is released. I would be careful in not accepting delivery of your ordered 2025 G63. I'm not sure if MB has the same policy, but Ferrari (and I hear most high-end exotic brands) puts you on their naughty list if you reject delivery of a customized or pre-spec'ed vehicle. Ferrari will ban a customer for life from ever ordering a new vehicle from them again. A friend of mine did exactly that with an order from Ferrari about 10 years ago. He didn't like the color he selected after seeing it in person once it arrived - go figure... Since then, he has been using me as the straw man for his new Ferrari purchases... I would suggest you doublecheck with your MB dealer.
Old 10-05-2024 | 03:56 PM

G550
I sold my 2024 a few months ago when the market was still hot. My dealer would be fine with finding another buyer if I decided to pass. They will just roll over my deposit to another build which is something I’ve done before. East coast dealers are way nicer than west coast ones… 🙂
Old 10-05-2024 | 04:17 PM

Agree 100%. West coast dealers/sales people are not your friends, even though they pretend to be. They just want your money and referrals. SoCal is by far the worst. The ADMs are unavoidable and always seem much higher than other states.

Congrats again on catching the market in the sale of your '24.
tonygwagon (10-05-2024)
Old 10-06-2024 | 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by AMGRonin
Agree 100%. West coast dealers/sales people are not your friends, even though they pretend to be. They just want your money and referrals. SoCal is by far the worst. The ADMs are unavoidable and always seem much higher than other states.

Why not buy from another dealer and have it shipped? I have a couple I can recommend that have very limited ADM's - just PM me.
Old 10-06-2024 | 12:48 PM

G63
Originally Posted by amelen
Why not buy from another dealer and have it shipped? I have a couple I can recommend that have very limited ADM's - just PM me.
1) potential hassle, enclosed shipping cross country can be 3-4k+ and you'll have to deal with DMV on your own or use a 3rd party which will upcharge like hell
2) many dealers now have geographic restrictions on who they can sell desirable *allocations* to (only within territory), my Benz dealer will only sell local and same with my Porsche dealer
AMGRonin (10-06-2024)
Old 10-06-2024 | 12:49 PM

G63

Yup... they sure are bloodthirsty and we enable it as a populace here with insatiable demand for the latest and greatest cars..
Old 10-06-2024 | 12:55 PM

1) potential hassle, enclosed shipping cross country can be 3-4k+ and you'll have to deal with DMV on your own or use a 3rd party which will upcharge like hell
2) many dealers now have geographic restrictions on who they can sell desirable *allocations* to (only within territory), my Benz dealer will only sell local and same with my Porsche dealer
1) I know many dealers who ship - yes, can cost a few grand, but if it saves you $30k on ADM's.. it might be worth it. Many, esp in border states, also handle the registration stuff. For EV's in NJ it's even easier since you don't need to do an inspection. For my wife's GLS, when we purchased out of state, I had to schedule an inspection in NJ but it was mostly symbolic, they saw it was a new car and just handed me the 5 year sticker.
2) Depends - there are lots of dealers getting desirable allocations but are in GEO's where there isn't enough demand for it (it happened a ton with $200k Porsche EVs).

But yes, both good points.

Last edited by amelen; 10-06-2024 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-06-2024 | 02:44 PM

Those points exactly. MB dealers are severely restricted on shipments of their allocations. That's why you don't even see "exchanges" between two local MB dealers that may operate in the same county.

In addition to the two points you raised, you also lose the priority treatment you would otherwise receive in SoCal if you bring your G to the service dpt at the same dealership you purchased your vehicle. Oh yeah, and they also won't give you a loaner unless you purchased the G from them.
Old 10-06-2024 | 02:56 PM

Oh yeah, and they also won't give you a loaner unless you purchased the G from them.
This is an interesting point that I JUST ran into. I took my MB for service at a dealership that I did NOT purchase it from. They refused to give me a loaner even though they had them available because I didn't purchase my car there. Owning many cars and working with many brands, I have never seen something like that before. I brought up the issue to MB USA who said that it's a grey area and gave me a service voucher for the future for the inconvenience. I never had this issue with Porsche, Audi, BMW or any other brands where I often would buy from a dealership I work with and then would service at a local dealership.
Old 10-06-2024 | 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by amelen
This is an interesting point that I JUST ran into. I took my MB for service at a dealership that I did NOT purchase it from. They refused to give me a loaner even though they had them available because I didn't purchase my car there. Owning many cars and working with many brands, I have never seen something like that before. I brought up the issue to MB USA who said that it's a grey area and gave me a service voucher for the future for the inconvenience. I never had this issue with Porsche, Audi, BMW or any other brands where I often would buy from a dealership I work with and then would service at a local dealership.
I don't know in other geographic locations, but that is standard for MB in SoCal. No loaners unless you purchased your AMG from the same dealer and have it serviced at its location. That has always been the case here because we've owned several AMG's previously. With the G63 (not sure about other G's), the service department in SoCal also gives AMG's you purchased from them priority - they slot your car in for services before other non-AMG's or AMG’s you purchased elsewhere. Would hate to lose that as several of my friends with non-AMG Mercedes have complained to me about the weeks their Mercedes have spent at the service department for routine maintenance.

Last edited by AMGRonin; 10-06-2024 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-06-2024 | 07:07 PM

G550
Geez you west coast guys have it bad! I take my G to a local dealer that is not the same one I purchased it from just because it’s a few miles closer to the office. Always get a loaner and “priority” service. I don’t even have to reserve one. They usually have a few extra ones in the back reserved for AMG owners.
Old 10-06-2024 | 07:22 PM

Geez you west coast guys have it bad! I take my G to a local dealer that is not the same one I purchased it from just because it’s a few miles closer to the office. Always get a loaner and “priority” service. I don’t even have to reserve one. They usually have a few extra ones in the back reserved for AMG owners.
I'm on the east coast where I witnessed this recently, crazy. MB corporate said dealers shouldn't be doing this and get reimbursed from MB for service/loaner stuff (it was warrantied work).
Old 10-06-2024 | 08:20 PM

Yeah, CA is the worst - especially here in SoCal. There is a complete lack of service uniformity across dealerships. Each dealer and its service dept seem to be an independent franchisee. For us, we've just never known anything different as that has always been the way for MB here. I have a 2015 SLS AMG GT Final Edition (I purchased it brand new from my current dealership back in '15) that I alternate with my G63 as my daily driver. The SLS has a known incurrable quirk for burning through and dissipating oil every 1k miles or so. Earlier this year it happened while I was about 30 miles away from my usual dealer so I pulled up to another MB dealer/service shop that happened to be nearby, hoping for a quick fix. They refused to even do run diagnostics of my engine and told me to take it to my usual dealer. No biggie - I found a Pep Boys nearby and filled up the oil myself - problem solved. It's just something we MB owners are accustomed to here.

I guess we are all products of our own environment. I see folks on this blog pump their chests about how they won't ever pay, and have never paid, an ADM on moral principles. It's a good hill to stand on, but those people would go carless if they were in SoCal - or be driving Teslas... No offense, Tesla owners, but Tesla is the only brand I know that prohibits dealer markups from MSRP.

So as far as I can tell, here's the pecking order for SoCal Mercedes service departments when you bring in your MB:

1) AMGs, if you purchased yours from their dealership;
2) Mercedes (non-AMG), if you purchased yours from their dealership;
3) AMGs, if you purchased yours from another dealership; then
4) Mercedes (non-AMG), if you purchased yours from another dealership
Old 10-06-2024 | 08:30 PM

G550
Always interesting to see how vastly different the US markets are with ADM and service on these forums. Makes me appreciate my market area for sure! Brb, need to go buy my service advisor a bottle of bourbon… 😉
AMGRonin (10-06-2024)
Old 10-06-2024 | 10:16 PM

G63
Yeah, CA is the worst - especially here in SoCal. There is a complete lack of service uniformity across dealerships. Each dealer and its service dept seem to be an independent franchisee. For us, we've just never known anything different as that has always been the way for MB here. I have a 2015 SLS AMG GT Final Edition (I purchased it brand new from my current dealership back in '15) that I alternate with my G63 as my daily driver. The SLS has a known incurrable quirk for burning through and dissipating oil every 1k miles or so. Earlier this year it happened while I was about 30 miles away from my usual dealer so I pulled up to another MB dealer/service shop that happened to be nearby, hoping for a quick fix. They refused to even do run diagnostics of my engine and told me to take it to my usual dealer. No biggie - I found a Pep Boys nearby and filled up the oil myself - problem solved. It's just something we MB owners are accustomed to here.

I guess we are all products of our own environment. I see folks on this blog pump their chests about how they won't ever pay, and have never paid, an ADM on moral principles. It's a good hill to stand on, but those people would go carless if they were in SoCal - or be driving Teslas... No offense, Tesla owners, but Tesla is the only brand I know that prohibits dealer markups from MSRP.

So as far as I can tell, here's the pecking order for SoCal Mercedes service departments when you bring in your MB:

1) AMGs, if you purchased yours from their dealership;
2) Mercedes (non-AMG), if you purchased yours from their dealership;
3) AMGs, if you purchased yours from another dealership; then
4) Mercedes (non-AMG), if you purchased yours from another dealership
Sadly the covid asset pump took gasoline to this, pre-covid I could get most cars here in LA no ADM, now not a chance even as a repeat buyer. There will be 19 people behind me waiting to gladly take my spot and pay the ADM

Always interesting to see how vastly different the US markets are with ADM and service on these forums. Makes me appreciate my market area for sure! Brb, need to go buy my service advisor a bottle of bourbon… 😉
Yes.. totally. We are gluttons for punishment here in SoCal

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G63 Values