Sponsored by:

So the Gwag was keyed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few...
So the Gwag was keyed...

Ok, so I realize that I have never posted here before, but let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Chris and I have a G55 AMG and a C6 Z06 that I share with my brother. He has a 05 E55 AMG. Now, mind you we are only eighteen years old and still in high school, but spare me the whole "spoiled, rich kid" thread and lecture as I do not wish to hear it now. I simply am posting in regards to another person disrespecting my own personal property and my prized possession that I take utmost care of...So here goes...

I was in downtown Naples parked behind Starbucks just last night at around 945 and stayed there for about 45 minutes. At the time, I did not see anything nor did anyoen riding with me as it was not nearly any light on the car itself and we are not looking for anything of the sort. I went to a friends house and when I parked there in the light I saw the damage that had been done. Apparently, according to another source, a couple of skater **** had been walking around my car behind Starbucks sayin "oh, look at this G wagon parked here, must be some ****y *******..." or something along those lines I am sure. Now I saw a small key mark on the back left passenger door on the driver's side, a mark of around 8 inches, clearly originating from a key. Moving on to the other side of the truck, I found a nice scratch starting on the front quarter panel spanning almost all the way to the back of the truck. Four different key marks were on the two passenger doors on the passenger side, and the hit every panel on that side. You cannot begin to imagine how enfuriated I was for someone to disrespect my vehicle...

Now I went to The Better Body Shop (Mercedes Benz of Naples) to get an estimate for the work, and even with knowing who my dad is at the Mercedes dealer and all tht the total is right around 3200 for the repairs. The whole right side of my car has to be repainted, along with some of the roof and the side moldings must all be replaced. I guess this time being a spoiled rich kid with a rich dad helped, because had my dad not been such a good customer to Mercedes the total cost would have been well over 4500 or more...

I am currently looking into who did this to my car, and they will pay in one form or another. I have just been in contact with the bank downtown, which is where I parked my car on the night of the incident, and am asking for the video tapes of the parking lot around that time. I just dropped my car off at Mercedes this afternoon as I was fortunate enough to be "bumped up" the list due to my father being such a good customer. I did not file a police report at the time as I clearly should have, but I had not noticed the scratches until after I left that parking spot.

Pictures are on the way, and if the car is fixed by the weekend I plan on parking in the same spot both nights this weekend and waiting for anyone to approach the car, only this time I will be waiting...
Old 01-17-2006, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Well kid, sorry to hear you just learned about the downside of owning an expensive vehicle. Count your blessings though; they didn't steal it, and your dad sounds wealthy enough to get things sorted out. File a police report, and if there is evidence on tape hand it over. I wouldn't put more energy into it and enjoy the freshly painted ride
Old 01-17-2006, 08:29 PM

03' Merc G-500, 04' Merc S-600 AMG, 95' Merc E-320 Cab, 05' Jaguar Super V8, 00' Jaguar XK8
Well first off, be prepared to take some **** for owning nice cars. Some people find it hard to believe that people of your age can own nice cars. But, it seems like you know what you're talking about, so I believe you. Welcome to MB world.

Anyways, back on topic, that sucks man. As a proud owner (and someone who comes from a family who has owned several G-classes, be it 463's or 462's) I'd be pissed too. Try and look into who did this, and make sure you do prosecute, 4500 seems like a lot of money to repaint part of the vehicle.

I do have one question for you, though. What year is your 463? 05' 04' etc...The current model (I believe) is painted with nano-particle paint. A super hard sealing paint, with a long lasting luster. That might be why it costs so much to repaint. Ask the dealer if it is painted in that color, or check on your doorsill for the paint code. If it has a "C" (I believe) next to the paint code, it's nano-particle.

Anyways, good luck with your search for that jerk. Hopefully he will be found, and hopefully your car will be brought back to it's original condition. Keep us updated!

Last edited by Paganis Zonda; 01-18-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:27 AM

a few...
we took the car in yesterday to the body shop, the car is an 05 Grand Edition G55. Has the Designo Graphite paint, I will look to see if it is nanopaint when i get a chance to see the car again.

Unfortunately enough, people do get jealous of kids with nice things. Just a fact of life. I have looked into video surveillance and the bank that was nearby does not have cameras outside at their drive thru lanes, I even looked to see if the manager was lying, dont know why you wouldnt have some kind of surveillance but

I went to the dealer last night to snap some photos, put a new battery in the camera and everything and as luck would have it, i could only grab two photos so i am going back later today so you all can see the damage.
The only explanation of all of this: **** Happens.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:08 PM

03' Merc G-500, 04' Merc S-600 AMG, 95' Merc E-320 Cab, 05' Jaguar Super V8, 00' Jaguar XK8
A Grand edition G-55...Nice with desingo Graphite. Thats what my dad's S is painted in. Nice, very nice. I'm still waiting for the 07', though.

Sounds to me like it is indeed sprayed with the wonderful Nano-paritcle paint, which also might be the reason why it costs so much to repaint.

Well, good luck man.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:06 PM

mine was keyed the same way on the right side and did not cost as much as that, being in cali and all, mine only cost me 1900 to get done. oh well!! get it fixed and move on with it, no point trying to catch these guys and wasting your time, when you could be out and sporting the g instead.
what comes around goes around!!
Old 01-21-2006, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
I would love to beat the living snot out of a punk keying someones ride.

Prior to my E55 I had an E46 M3 that was keyed. Also, a colleague has a DB7 that was keyed as well.
It is for that reason I never take the E55 and park it anywhere where there is high teen traffic, like movie theaters, skating rinks, etc. You are asking for it. If you have a vanity plate (I do not), consider your risk doubled.

Then again, it is just a car. Think of how a loved one feels when some punk/thug takes a life. You will never get over that.

Hope all goes well with the repair.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
There are too many jealous people out there. Someone keyed a BMW 7 my family had a while back, and I was extremely pissed off. Hope you do catch the guy. Being a little ***** is never an excuse for someone to ruin another person's car.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by merc655
Now, mind you we are only eighteen years old and still in high school, but spare me the whole "spoiled, rich kid" thread and lecture as I do not wish to hear it now. I simply am posting in regards to another person disrespecting my own personal property and my prized possession that I take utmost care of...So here goes..
I think you could've gotten away without giving us that info in this thread....since it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. It only makes you come across as the very thing you don't want to be flamed for.
Just my $0.02.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 CLK350 Sport, 2006 E320 CDI, 1978 Cessna 152
I dont understand why its so great to key someones car. Most of those who key them would be ready to kill you if their cars were keyed. I had a friend in high school that someone keyed "Bit*h" in the back door of his dodge neon.. Straight down to the metal too. I had been driving to school in a 86 190D and nothing ever happened to it, but I switched to a 98 C230 (not nearly as nice as your G) parked it in the same place (a side street) to avoid paying to park "on campus" where people would throw their doors into you. I came back one night got in to drive, and the car didnt want to move... some kids slashed the 2 tires near the curb where I couldnt see. Never understood why they did that at all, other than a Tony Hawk commercial the next day showed someone doing the same thing.

I hope things go ok for you an the G wagon.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:57 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
I drive a brand new SL on 20's to graduate school almost every day...I already assume it will be keyed sooner or later.

My friend has an 05 G and has never had a problem, although he just put on 22's so we''ll if that changes things. I feel sorry for the kids that did it because one day soon they're going to fu*k with the wrong people and probably regret it for the rest of they're lives....I can guarantee that,
Old 02-03-2006, 03:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I think it depends on the kind of friends and what reputation you have at school. I have the most expensive car in the (highschool) parking lot and no one touches my car. I'm friendly with all folks.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
i agree with ricky....although i didnt have the most expensive it was definately considered on of the nicest, and alot of kids at my old HS were *****s, and many cars got keyed because the owners of them were also asses.

but sometimes, you just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope u find those skater punks, and run them over.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:04 PM

a few...
yea it was just the wrong place at the wrong time.
Im not tryin to build myself up but i try not to be an *** to anyone because what goes around does come around.
I went and looked today to see the progress, the body shop did a really nice job and they are waiting on one of the bumper strips on the driver side door to come in, everything else is done.

Stiggs, good point but I just wanted to throw it out there because some people do search around and would love to jump all over this whole thing because of the fact that I am a teenager, I just said it for the sake of saying it and because I am not one of the teenagers who thinks they know it all and tries to flaunt what they have because I know what its like to be on the receiving end of brainless teenage *****s and their egos.

it doesn't look like we are going to find the kids who did it right now but Im sure it will turn up one of these days because kids do talk.
for the time being, I can't wait to get the Gwag back because theres nothing quite like driving it around
Old 02-04-2006, 06:49 PM

Metro Card : (
Pics?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:23 PM

C 230K Coupé
Kids have no F***ing respect for other's property these days. I'm pretty young myself, 19 but such disresepect just agravates me. My car got keyed while I was out surfing. Was such a shame cause it just got a full wax the day before (by me).
Old 02-06-2006, 01:20 AM

c43
I agree, you never key another man's car, its just wrong, i had been keyed before for having a good parking spot, really makes me sad, i don't even have such a nice car as you but **** man, you **** someones car you are ****ing with them, its wrong, and should never be done.....
Old 02-11-2006, 05:23 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Their's some wack *** people out there. I also got my car keyed recently, mind you it's only my commute car to school (Honda Hybrid) but just because it was my honda dosen't mean i didnt get upset...i think it's BS that pp go around doing stupid **** like that...i swear some people are just to kuku in the head for their own good.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:18 PM

G500,toyota supra, 67corvette,05 pathfinder
Its ok daddy will fix it.

Now if i could just get mine keyed then insurace could pay for all the custom tree pinstriping!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
My daddy just ordered me 2 Bugatti Veryon's because I liked both colors... just in case you were wondering. Aside that, poor G55. Do you even have a job? Daddy making you pay for any of the damage?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK55
lol,

im 17 and i just got my slk, but if it ever gets keyed i will react in the same way! However, I won't post an essay on the situation, but good on you !

Old 02-24-2006, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A Few
As I read this forums and their respective threads, I tend to notice that many people like to take aim on kids and young dudes driving ultra-high luxury cars. Such as our aforementioned G55 Grand Edition Owner, with the $4k scratch.

"Daddy will fix it" says a member, I think that's simply an idiotic comment because obviously daddy will fix it, who else? Him?!

The point of the matter is that in todays world there will be more and more 18 year old driving G55's and other ridiculous cars, which some people can only dream of getting at 35+ years.

I think it's exactly those people, however, which display the jealousy and envy towards young drivers. I remember when I was in high school and had a brand new Ford Mustang Cobra that was literally the hottest car in the parking lot, how much B.S. I got from everyone, I even had my first initial "engraved" (probably an inch thick) into my black paint.

And you 17 and 18 year old aren't going to "react" or do ***** for that matter to anyone that scratches your car and here's why:
1. You'll NEVER find them, see them, hear of them ever!
2. There's no point, call insurance, pay a deductible and fix the thing

Cars will be scratched, and especially in Los Angeles where I live, I'm scared to park my cars outside. But you have to, in order to live and work, and sometimes shat just seems to be coming your way.

The people that "scratch and go" will be their someday, when a blonde Cali-girl drinking a double latte and talking on the Razr backs into their car at 15 mph!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by JoujiAMG
lol,

im 17 and i just got my slk, but if it ever gets keyed i will react in the same way! However, I won't post an essay on the situation, but good on you !

His reaction was no worse than yours.

Let him post a story about it. I'd be damn pissed if someone defaced my car (regardless of who it belonged to, or who payed for it) He's just simply venting his anger. He didn't come here to brag, or to be a jerk about it.

People may be jealous of him, but there are plenty of people on this board who have far nicer cars, and who probably had something nicer than what he has at his current age.

Last edited by Paganis Zonda; 03-13-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I think it depends on the kind of friends and what reputation you have at school. I have the most expensive car in the (highschool) parking lot and no one touches my car. I'm friendly with all folks.
Yeah same here, everyone knows me as the car guy, they respect my car =). Although, in the first week someone stole my hitch cover... 135 bucks for a piece of painted plastic.. I had a few key marks, but im sure that was from the street and not the school, something that was easily removed with scratch remover. Guess im just lucky *knock on wood*.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:33 PM

2006 VW Passat
That hurts man, i love the Gwag, good luck finding those pics. I don't have my licence yet but when I get it, on some occasions i'll get my 06 Passat(getting written licence this june). If anyone would key it i'd snap, its my prized possession. If it got keyed and i found out who did it....damn i'd feel sorry for that guy.lol (someone keyed my sisters car, when i found out who did, me and my brother went and did them a favour )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: So the Gwag was keyed...