Sponsored by:

G55 Handling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None specific..
G55 Handling

hello guys, im seriously considering between an cls 63 and g55.

i want the g55 more and i got a few questions about 2007 g55

I Drive an touareg v10 tdi 2006 in istanbul and i love its handling and power etc. my question is ***** the g55 corner and handle as good as an touareg v10 tdi? and does it have raiseable and lowerable air suspension?
if not waht handling mods can be done to it.
I Would also love a rear seat entertainment system.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by UltraSuperDudeS
hello guys, im seriously considering between an cls 63 and g55.

i want the g55 more and i got a few questions about 2007 g55

I Drive an touareg v10 tdi 2006 in istanbul and i love its handling and power etc. my question is ***** the g55 corner and handle as good as an touareg v10 tdi? and does it have raiseable and lowerable air suspension?
if not waht handling mods can be done to it.
I Would also love a rear seat entertainment system.
...........never driven a toureg, so I don't know the answer directly. However, I suspect you will not like the G55. Get the CLS. No fancy raiseable and lowerable air suspension in a anything worthy of being called a G-wagen.

Ted
Old 06-03-2007, 07:14 AM

None specific..
I Love the g55, so its not like touareg? i dont care much for air suspension but i need to tow an polaris sportsman 800 and a yamaha gp1300r jet ski too... and cls 63 cant do that i assume. no tow hitch. thats why i love the g55 its fast and amazing offroad. i got a question however does your g55 corner good enough? its an SUV i dont expect it to corner like an ariel atom but i do expect it to corner better than an honda civic
Old 06-03-2007, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
The G55 doesnt have airsuspension like the Touareg does but it handles pretty well for its size not sure it could cut corners like other smaller suv's such as the ML,X5 and Cayenne; Thought Ive got to say its one of the Fun SUV's you could enjoy daily and no matter what the weather is.

Open the Sunroof lower the windows and enjoy the spirited driving with 500hp of pure s/c power and enjoying your favourite songs. What I like about the G-class in general that it feels properly built and of high quality, which you can find in most new cars as they try to reduce costs and so on.

The CLS is a great car too, but I would say get the G55 it has the status,pedigree and looks you cannot find in most cars, in addition its hand made in Austria whilst the CLS isnt.

At the end its your choice as you are going to drive the car, Lastly I would just suggest you to go and test drive them thoroughly so you can decide what best suites you and if they are up to your liking.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:20 AM

None specific..
Thanks for the help, I Do hope it doesnt have too much body roll or dangerous handling all over. i love it. Im wondering would i look like a idiot if i take it to a road race track like willow springs? its an AMG though lol
Old 06-03-2007, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by UltraSuperDudeS
Thanks for the help, I Do hope it doesnt have too much body roll or dangerous handling all over. i love it. Im wondering would i look like a idiot if i take it to a road race track like willow springs? its an AMG though lol

.........it has all those things because it is a tall SUV with a high center of gravity. The more I read your posts, the more I am convinced that you won't like the G55. You can attach a toe hitch to the rea of the CLS. You can then toe with it and also take it to Willow Springs. It will handle well and has adjustable air suspension. Seems obvious to me.

Ted
Old 06-03-2007, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Then for handling why not go for an ML63 AMG?, Its lower faster and has airmatic dc which is equivelant to what you have in your TG V10.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:54 PM

2003 SL500 2005 G55
I agree alroumi........My friend got a CLS 63 and I loved it and I was thinking about getting rid of my G55 for the CLS but friends were telling me I was crazy.....The G55 is more rare and has more status, when you see it driving down the street you know its a G55 it stands out of everything...as of handling??? I think it handles alright.....It handles better than most cars
Old 06-03-2007, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by Guido1986
I agree alroumi........My friend got a CLS 63 and I loved it and I was thinking about getting rid of my G55 for the CLS but friends were telling me I was crazy.....The G55 is more rare and has more status, when you see it driving down the street you know its a G55 it stands out of everything...as of handling??? I think it handles alright.....It handles better than most cars
...........I think the G55 is awesome. Probably the best Mercedes ever. But the thread starter is looking for a lowered car for track use at willow springs. He is by definition not looking for a G55.

Ted
Old 06-04-2007, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........I think the G55 is awesome. Probably the best Mercedes ever. But the thread starter is looking for a lowered car for track use at willow springs. He is by definition not looking for a G55.

Ted
i do not recommend a g55 if you want to tackle turns. they roll a lot, they do have grip but when it runs out it PLOWS crazy, you cant put the power down unless the front wheels are facing straight, depending on speed etc... it either slowly understeers toward teh outside or completely plows right away. i dont really use the word plows to describe understeer (im pretty sure this is the 1st time) but thats exactly what it feels like. also the brakes and drivetrain wouldnt stand track work for more than 10min. that if youre lucky and hte track isnt really tight

get a ml63, its a much better everyday car, rides 1000X better than the g (it really rides old school ), can tackle corners and its much faster than a g when the speed increase