Sponsored by:

Exhause mod options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G63
Exhause mod options

Okay, some if not most of you will laugh at this one...I am admittedly better at just buying and driving but new to "mods." I recently did the ECU upgrade from RennTech, love it. While I am satisfied with the stock sound of the AMG exhaust system I'd still like to step it up a bit but only at a reasonable price. Can anyone tell me more about "resonator delete" and whether or not this is a worthy adjustment to the system or do I need to pull the wallet out again and drop a larger sum to accomplish a worthy exhaust upgrade? I do know that RennTech is working on something similar to the Brabus setup and if necessary that is the route I will go when it is available. In the meantime, are there any other options someone can share??

Thanks in advance,

Adam
Old 12-08-2012, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
You can look into an X Pipe or the resonator delete. The nice thing about either option is that you can relatively easily revert it back to stock. These options should only run a couple hundred where I'm sure that fancy Brabus system is closer to $5,000. It doesn't hurt to try the resonator delete or X pipe first.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:39 AM

2013 G63
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
You can look into an X Pipe or the resonator delete. The nice thing about either option is that you can relatively easily revert it back to stock. These options should only run a couple hundred where I'm sure that fancy Brabus system is closer to $5,000. It doesn't hurt to try the resonator delete or X pipe first.
Awesome, thanks for the input. Any suggestions as to where I can get this done? Meaning are there any particular merchants/suppliers that you are aware of? Thanks again!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:57 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
The BRABUS option is more than $8k for parts alone.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 PM

2013 G63
Originally Posted by jimmyg
The BRABUS option is more than $8k for parts alone.
I know! I just can't justify that $ for "sound." Especially when you consider an 8-9 hour installation add-on. RennTech is bringing something to market for a price inside of 5k but they aren't sure exactly when.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Holy cow the Brabus is certainly not cheap.

@G63DCC, no real "brands" to recommend here. All the work would be done at an exhaust shop where they will cut out your resonator and either weld in an X Pipe, or straight pipes (louder than an X Pipe). If you go the X Pipe route, you'll likely have to supply the exhaust shop with one, if you go straight pipes then the shop should have the piping in stock.

If I were you, I'd do a search on the C63/E55 boards to see about exhaust shops in the Danville-Bay Area. I can't give you any recommendations except possibly DCT Motorsports, but they're all the way in Mountain View. DCT MS is the only place I've had first hand experience in your neck of the woods and I certainly recommend them.

BTW, being out in Danville, do you ever go to the Blackhawk Museum? I used to go all the time to check out the really unique cars they have, but haven't gone in quite a few years now.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 PM

2013 G63
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Holy cow the Brabus is certainly not cheap.

@G63DCC, no real "brands" to recommend here. All the work would be done at an exhaust shop where they will cut out your resonator and either weld in an X Pipe, or straight pipes (louder than an X Pipe). If you go the X Pipe route, you'll likely have to supply the exhaust shop with one, if you go straight pipes then the shop should have the piping in stock.

If I were you, I'd do a search on the C63/E55 boards to see about exhaust shops in the Danville-Bay Area. I can't give you any recommendations except possibly DCT Motorsports, but they're all the way in Mountain View. DCT MS is the only place I've had first hand experience in your neck of the woods and I certainly recommend them.

BTW, being out in Danville, do you ever go to the Blackhawk Museum? I used to go all the time to check out the really unique cars they have, but haven't gone in quite a few years now.
Thanks for your suggestions! Regarding the Blackhawk Museum, we frequent it often. My in-laws built it back in the 80's and I like to host client functions there. They recently rid of Hitler's old Benz, in order to avoid any flack.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No problem. Please do post your results on what you do/ find.

BTW very cool about Blackhawk. My favorite car has got to be the Bugatti Royale.