Sponsored by:

knopf auto allentown pa

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 FGT
knopf auto allentown pa

What a bunch of scumbags. Sold a g63 out from under me and sent my credit information (automatic approval at every bank on the planet) to several lenders for no reason. Offered no resolution. Do not do business with these scoundrals especially if you are an out of town buyer. Id already bought a flight when they became unresponsive and later told me I was an exporter. If im ever in alentown pa i will drive something through their showroom on a test drive
Old 05-30-2013, 06:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Did you put an earnest money deposit on the vehicle and enter into a purchase contract with a right of refusal based on your inspection?
If not, then it's first come, first serve....
Obviously you gave them your credit info..
Old 05-30-2013, 07:19 AM

MB
I'm not here to argue the veracity of your claims, but I have been a longstanding customer of Knopf having purchased numerous vehicles (including a G63) with no issues.

Something, (perhaps falsely) must have made them uncomfortable with the transaction. One aspect for certain, especially with the G, is that they must be absolutely sure the vehicle won't be sold to an exporter or else they face potentially serious consequences from MB.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:39 AM

06 FGT
They wanted the credit info in leau of a deposit. They sent my application to several banks and my score is 793 with no debt and a mile of paid off everythings.

If they were worried about export anything what was the purpose of shotgunning my credit application to every bank in their fax machine, telling me i was approved and then not replying to any emails after i purchased my plane ticket?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by MPLV
They wanted the credit info in leau of a deposit. They sent my application to several banks and my score is 793 with no debt and a mile of paid off everythings.

If they were worried about export anything what was the purpose of shotgunning my credit application to every bank in their fax machine, telling me i was approved and then not replying to any emails after i purchased my plane ticket?
If you really wanted it you should have executed a sales contract with a refundable deposit subject to your inspection and acceptance.
That's the only way to secure a vehicle in a dealer's inventory.
Five of the six Mercs I currently own were purchased this way.
In fact I never traveled to any dealer prior to purchase.
If the vehicle wasn't CPO'd, I'd hire a surveyor or a local shop to do a PPI.
Much less expensive then my time..

No contract, no deposit and it's still on the market.
It's only business...foolish for you to think otherwise and assume it's yours based on only a credit application.

To quote Ozzie Meyers..."Money talks and BS walks..."

Last edited by RBYCC; 05-30-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:21 PM

06 FGT
i tried to put a deposit on the car they wanted the credit ap. Any rational person would agree that by them sending my info to half a dozen banks would indicate that theyd intended to sell me the car.

I have bought a million dollars worth of cars sight unseen over the phone, this is not new to me brother.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:25 PM

06 FGT
all bought over the phone.....
Attached Thumbnails knopf auto allentown pa-img_3332.jpg  
Old 05-30-2013, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i tried to put a deposit on the car they wanted the credit ap. Any rational person would agree that by them sending my info to half a dozen banks would indicate that theyd intended to sell me the car.

I have bought a million dollars worth of cars sight unseen over the phone, this is not new to me brother.
In spite of you being such a high roller you still didn't end up with the car...
Stop with your foolishness as you're not impressing anyone "brother", especially the dealer who wouldn't take your deposit...
Apparently you weren't convincing enough, even with your wealth and under 800 credit score...
And no, a rational person would never believe a credit application equates to a contract...and if you do you're less then rational as the end results prove...
Old 05-31-2013, 09:47 AM

06 FGT
legally a deposit doesnt mean dick, and its pretty obvious you have some sort of brain deficency. keep posting buddy, keep posting
Old 05-31-2013, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

legally a deposit doesnt mean dick, and its pretty obvious you have some sort of brain deficency. keep posting buddy, keep posting

You are such a fool...can't even spell..
A deposit with an executed sales order is a contract...and is very legal "buddy"
Bottom line...you didn't get the vehicle due to your failure to execute.

You are very entertaining as you're quite laughable...
You claim to be a "baller" but in reality a "bawler"

Go find another vehicle...........
Old 05-31-2013, 12:38 PM

MB
Originally Posted by RBYCC
In spite of you being such a high roller you still didn't end up with the car...
Stop with your foolishness as you're not impressing anyone "brother", especially the dealer who wouldn't take your deposit...
Apparently you weren't convincing enough, even with your wealth and under 800 credit score...
And no, a rational person would never believe a credit application equates to a contract...and if you do you're less then rational as the end results prove...

+1. Deposit is the only way to hold a car pending final transaction. I'd comment that if you are such a strong client, you can easily order a G63 locally. It's not as though these are difficult to source.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:12 PM

Received 136 Likes on 112 Posts
993 TT
Based on this thread it seems you were looking for a deal: https://mbworld.org/forums/g55-amg-w...est-price.html

My experience is that dealers do not react well to out of town buyers demanding a deal. I do believe that a certain honor system exists in the universe that if a dealer says they will hold a car for you they should do so in good faith so long as everyone is honoring their word. Not enough information posted here to be able to make a rational / defendable argument and launching an online smear campaign is with virtually no prior history is not a good way to engender support.

Good luck with purchase. I'd just custom order it and wait it out. You will be much happier in the end.

Last edited by drew138; 06-03-2013 at 04:21 AM.