Sponsored by:

Just ordered 2016 G63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
Just ordered 2016 G63

Hey guys! Just placed an order for a 2016 G63 AMG which will hopefully arrive in May, but likely June. It will be a long 4 months but worth the wait.

I have been looking at used and new models for about 18 months, and finally decided to pull the trigger on a new one, mainly because the price differential wasnt great enough for me to settle, and I am in no rush. So I ordered my awesome Designo Magno Black Matte over Designo Black Diamond stitched leather with black wheels and designo piano wood.

I couldnt decide between matte black and matte gray, I love both but thought the black would be just a little sweeter with the additional black trimmings. Also once I saw matte black in person on a 65 model, I was absolutely sold. Photos really do this truck little justice in the matte colors.

Just thought I would say hello and welcome any feedback from other owners as to what to look for as a new owner. I have had several MBs and BMWs in the past, but never a G.

I love the ride, the uniqueness and the history of the G. Very cool to have something that cannot really be compared to anything else.

Cheers
Old 02-04-2016, 02:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 GL63; 2012 S63
Make sure you stock up on Dr. Beasley's matte products. Most of which can be found on amazon. Not cheap but nothing does a better job on matte finishes. I've had a matte black G63 and currently have a matte black Viper and satin white Mulsanne. Beasley products are great.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:28 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by mjeagent
Make sure you stock up on Dr. Beasley's matte products. Most of which can be found on amazon. Not cheap but nothing does a better job on matte finishes. I've had a matte black G63 and currently have a matte black Viper and satin white Mulsanne. Beasley products are great.
Excellent, thank you. These are the types of things I would like to know. Wow matte viper didnt even know they made one that color. Sounds pretty awesome.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:55 PM

Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts
993 TT
Congrats. Are you getting the wood grain (brown) or piano gloss black? Did you manage to get anything off the MSRP or paying sticker? My eye has recently been wandering about moving into the G63 from my G55; and while I'm surprised the resale value is so high on these cars, the 1 & 2 year old asking prices on autotrader are far too close to sticker.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:05 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by drew138
Congrats. Are you getting the wood grain (brown) or piano gloss black? Did you manage to get anything off the MSRP or paying sticker? My eye has recently been wandering about moving into the G63 from my G55; and while I'm surprised the resale value is so high on these cars, the 1 & 2 year old asking prices on autotrader are far too close to sticker.
Thanks man. I went for the Designo Piano black trim. I originally was going for the black wood (which I have in my E63) but thought the slick black would look better with the matte black outside and the black designo leather. I was able to get about 4k off sticker, which is nowhere near as good of a deal as I normally get, my company buys all of our cars from the same dealer, and it looks like there is a significant shortage of these so had to pay a little more than usual, which I am OK with considering the resale value. The dealership is very supportive of our charity and some other things so I dont mind if they make some money.

I am hoping for a May delivery, but looks like it will be late June. its gonna be a long 5 months!!!

I have been trolling the net for probably 18 months now watching these go up for sale, trying to decide what to buy, even the old 03-04 G55s get 45k, maybe more for a nice one. Pretty impressive if you ask me, compare that to say an S600 from 2004. Insane.

55 to 63 is a big difference in drive-ability as you probably already know.

I am too picky to buy used, need to get exactly what I want and I am happy for a very long time.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:45 PM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
20 G63, 19 720s
Nice Gratz on the car.

What was your sticker with the matte for a 4k discount? Trying to gauge what's an ideal price for an on the lot. There are not many of these out there for sale...

Best,
John

Originally Posted by JJCTHE1
Thanks man. I went for the Designo Piano black trim. I originally was going for the black wood (which I have in my E63) but thought the slick black would look better with the matte black outside and the black designo leather. I was able to get about 4k off sticker, which is nowhere near as good of a deal as I normally get, my company buys all of our cars from the same dealer, and it looks like there is a significant shortage of these so had to pay a little more than usual, which I am OK with considering the resale value. The dealership is very supportive of our charity and some other things so I dont mind if they make some money.

I am hoping for a May delivery, but looks like it will be late June. its gonna be a long 5 months!!!

I have been trolling the net for probably 18 months now watching these go up for sale, trying to decide what to buy, even the old 03-04 G55s get 45k, maybe more for a nice one. Pretty impressive if you ask me, compare that to say an S600 from 2004. Insane.

55 to 63 is a big difference in drive-ability as you probably already know.

I am too picky to buy used, need to get exactly what I want and I am happy for a very long time.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:16 PM

2016 G63 AMG
thanks John. Sticker is 149750, this includes the "standard" sport wheel (I hate wood steering wheels), matte paint (4k) and the upgraded leather (5k). I may have those costs flip flopped I cannot recall but MSRP is correct. As for cars on the lot, my guess is you arent getting much more than 2 or 3% off at the most. I do business with the biggest dealer around here and they had 1 coming in March that was also a factory order and already sold. I am going to check it out when it arrives because I have actually never have seen a 2016. I just drove a few 13s and a 15. The other 4 dealerships around here dont have one. If you are flexible with your options/color choice, I am sure you will find a few choices in a 500 mile radius or so. I see you are in Cherry Hill! I used to work on Kings Highway when I lived in Haddonfield. Small world! That Benz dealer used to be horrible, havent been in many years.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:07 PM

20 G63, 19 720s
Wow that is an insanely small world lol. Had downfield/King hwy is my turf lol. Cherry Hill Benz is still the worst dealership I have ever been to. I take all my Benz business to Ft Washington.

Thanks for the info on percentage discount. As long as I get the premium seats, I am pretty good. There's a black one and a white one around me. Can't decide on which ext color tho. I have always gotten white cars for some time, but the black looks great on a G.

Was there any difference between a 15 and a 16 G?

thanks John. Sticker is 149750, this includes the "standard" sport wheel (I hate wood steering wheels), matte paint (4k) and the upgraded leather (5k). I may have those costs flip flopped I cannot recall but MSRP is correct. As for cars on the lot, my guess is you arent getting much more than 2 or 3% off at the most. I do business with the biggest dealer around here and they had 1 coming in March that was also a factory order and already sold. I am going to check it out when it arrives because I have actually never have seen a 2016. I just drove a few 13s and a 15. The other 4 dealerships around here dont have one. If you are flexible with your options/color choice, I am sure you will find a few choices in a 500 mile radius or so. I see you are in Cherry Hill! I used to work on Kings Highway when I lived in Haddonfield. Small world! That Benz dealer used to be horrible, havent been in many years.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:19 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by johndong888
Wow that is an insanely small world lol. Had downfield/King hwy is my turf lol. Cherry Hill Benz is still the worst dealership I have ever been to. I take all my Benz business to Ft Washington.

Thanks for the info on percentage discount. As long as I get the premium seats, I am pretty good. There's a black one and a white one around me. Can't decide on which ext color tho. I have always gotten white cars for some time, but the black looks great on a G.

Was there any difference between a 15 and a 16 G?
Funny you say that about the colors. My E is diamond white, my M3 was white, I have had several white vehicles but gotta tell you, the G doesnt look nearly as good in white as the other MBs and BMWs I have owned. I think because the look is such a modern yet classic look, and the white cars look better in more current body styles that have curves vs. sharp edges. The black and gray colors look the best IMO. I would agree that the upgraded interior leather makes a significant difference in the quality of the inside. It should be standard in a car like this as it feels, looks and presents much better than the standard seats.

Regarding 15 vs 16, almost the same. The 16 has an additional door pocket, CF gauges, has an upgraded screen that is in the cluster, and most importantly, a tweaked suspension that supposedly feels much better than the 13-15.

As for Cherry Hill, doesnt surprise me..........
Old 02-15-2016, 07:21 PM

20 G63, 19 720s
Haha. My W222 S class is diamond White, E92 M3 is Alpine and also have another Alpine F15 X5. Love my white cars! Did you have an E9x m3?

Right now the White G63 has black rims and the Black G63 has the normal rims. I am not a big fan of black rims. Yeah I really like the Gray color ext G63, it has a very rustic feel to it. Looks amazing. Too bad White and maybe black is my thing this time around. What color int did you get? The two G63 in my area are porcelain and red, both amazinnnngg looking (my e92 is red int, and the x5 is white int). I guess it'll come down to whichever gives me the best deal.

Gotta look into that upgraded screen in the cluster. Wonder what's that about. That tweaked suspension would be awesome too. I have heard some people said the ride is kind of rough in the G. I yet to test a G wagon yet tho. Also, can't believe you hate wood steering wheels. I actually like them but heated steering is more important in this case.

I noticed your profile says FL. I'm moved away from Tampa/Clearwater a few years ago.

[edit] nvm saw your interior black. pretty blacked out. lol

Funny you say that about the colors. My E is diamond white, my M3 was white, I have had several white vehicles but gotta tell you, the G doesnt look nearly as good in white as the other MBs and BMWs I have owned. I think because the look is such a modern yet classic look, and the white cars look better in more current body styles that have curves vs. sharp edges. The black and gray colors look the best IMO. I would agree that the upgraded interior leather makes a significant difference in the quality of the inside. It should be standard in a car like this as it feels, looks and presents much better than the standard seats.

Regarding 15 vs 16, almost the same. The 16 has an additional door pocket, CF gauges, has an upgraded screen that is in the cluster, and most importantly, a tweaked suspension that supposedly feels much better than the 13-15.

As for Cherry Hill, doesnt surprise me..........

Last edited by johndong888; 02-15-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:32 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Man the coincidences keep coming. I live in Tampa FL been here 11 years. I've had at least one of each generation M3 starting with the E30 but yes my last one was an E92 in alpine. I sold it when I bought my E63 and I haven't missed the M one bit. I'm kinda over BMW these days they destroyed the M"3" aka M4 IMO.

I got the black interior on my G63 with the diamond weave also all black. The main reason why I don't care for the wood wheel is it gets hot as heck in the summer to the point where you cannot touch it. Also I prefer the feel of leather all the way around. Probably from driving BMWs for years.

I almost always go black for my interiors, it's a person preference. I had Imola in an E46 M3, loved it for a few months then just got tired of looking at it and went back to black. I had an E36 with Modena leather once. That is a cool color it's like a pumpkin color over alpine, car took me years to find!!

I will likely keep this G for a long time so I went with a combo I know I'll be happy with.

I'm also normally not a fan of black wheels, especially on sports cars and sedans for some reason but on the g63 I think it "just fits" it's just one of the many things about the G that you normally don't like but on the G wagon it's just a totally different ball game.

I was torn between matte gray Vs matte black. They both look sick but as soon as I saw matte black in person I made the decision immediately.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:54 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Also forgot to mention the most important upgrade from 15 to 2016, the 16 has 30 more HP
Old 02-15-2016, 08:30 PM

20 G63, 19 720s
Man, that's nuts! Tampa too!! But wow an E30, those are always a beaut. Still holding on to my E92. It's a very amazing tracking machine. I too dislike the like M3/M4s. First turbos are cool and all but damn, I6? WTH. V8s are the way to go.

I still like BMWs alot tho, wanted to upgrade the F15 X5 to the F85 X5M because the techs are all there, LED Headlights,HUD, bigass navi are my favorites. I love them for their forums too. Too bad the X5M lacks the je ne sais quoi when compared to the G63.

I also considered the Range Rover Normal WB, had it on order but ultimately didn't work out. I feel like they both hold up value pretty well tho the G definitely a little more imo. Did you looked into those?

The Matte Gray vs Matte Black would be a pretty hard choice. I am not sure how I feel about having matte cars. It's especially true for this car since they're probably never gonna change the design. If I get white, I'm just gonna get it wrapped in the matte clearbra lol. I used to put ton of hours detailing my cars to get that nice shine so I definitely like my glossy paints. Now I don't have any spare time lol.

But on the black wheels, I normally detest them but it's actually looks really great on the G wagon. It still falls back on how I like shiny stuff tho, the reg amg wheels are also very captivating. Need to check out both cars in person soon

Man the coincidences keep coming. I live in Tampa FL been here 11 years. I've had at least one of each generation M3 starting with the E30 but yes my last one was an E92 in alpine. I sold it when I bought my E63 and I haven't missed the M one bit. I'm kinda over BMW these days they destroyed the M"3" aka M4 IMO.

I got the black interior on my G63 with the diamond weave also all black. The main reason why I don't care for the wood wheel is it gets hot as heck in the summer to the point where you cannot touch it. Also I prefer the feel of leather all the way around. Probably from driving BMWs for years.

I almost always go black for my interiors, it's a person preference. I had Imola in an E46 M3, loved it for a few months then just got tired of looking at it and went back to black. I had an E36 with Modena leather once. That is a cool color it's like a pumpkin color over alpine, car took me years to find!!

I will likely keep this G for a long time so I went with a combo I know I'll be happy with.

I'm also normally not a fan of black wheels, especially on sports cars and sedans for some reason but on the g63 I think it "just fits" it's just one of the many things about the G that you normally don't like but on the G wagon it's just a totally different ball game.

I was torn between matte gray Vs matte black. They both look sick but as soon as I saw matte black in person I made the decision immediately.
haha, that's always welcomed.

Also forgot to mention the most important upgrade from 15 to 2016, the 16 has 30 more HP
Old 02-16-2016, 09:22 AM

2016 G63 AMG
BMW had my heart for a very long time, some of my favorite cars I have owned were BMW V8s. I just cannot get into the new stuff, especially the M4 and M5. The X5M is very cool but as you mentioned it doesnt carry enough wow factor for me.

I prefer a growling V8 over a 6 any day, I dont care how much HP it has or it gets 45 mpg, but I guess the masses of the market factor in efficiency when making a purchase decision, who knows. The M buyer has totally changed it seems, the forums used to be littered with hard core enthusiasts, which I am sure it still is but just doesnt seem the same to me. I was one of the original members of RoadFly back in the 90s! Its one of the first auto web forums, specifically designed for Porsche and BMW enthusiasts.

I have never considered an RR. I like them, and have a buddy with one but just not really in it for me.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:48 PM

20 G63, 19 720s
We had the new F10 M5, that one is still a very good car IMO. $ drop like flies tho especially the MY13s.

Still working out on my G63 deals. Getting close, I can feel it. Did you order yours from MB tampa? I'm coming to check it out then haha

BMW had my heart for a very long time, some of my favorite cars I have owned were BMW V8s. I just cannot get into the new stuff, especially the M4 and M5. The X5M is very cool but as you mentioned it doesnt carry enough wow factor for me.

I prefer a growling V8 over a 6 any day, I dont care how much HP it has or it gets 45 mpg, but I guess the masses of the market factor in efficiency when making a purchase decision, who knows. The M buyer has totally changed it seems, the forums used to be littered with hard core enthusiasts, which I am sure it still is but just doesnt seem the same to me. I was one of the original members of RoadFly back in the 90s! Its one of the first auto web forums, specifically designed for Porsche and BMW enthusiasts.

I have never considered an RR. I like them, and have a buddy with one but just not really in it for me.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:15 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Yes I ordered my G from Tampa from Simon. He is their AMG expert and has been with the company for over 15 years believe it or not! Good guy, really knows his MBs. I stopped at the new Benz dealer in New Port Richie over the weekend, they have a black 2016 sitting on the showroom, I stopped there because I have never actually seen the interior that I ordered before, and ironically this G is configured exactly like mine inside and I LOVED IT. Cannot wait, so excited. The outside is gloss black and has silver calipers, so I wouldnt consider it however I can tell they were eager to deal. It has an MSRP of around 145k, its black black with the diamond inside and sport steering wheel. My G will likely not be here till June so its going to be a long 4 months!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:55 PM

20 G63, 19 720s
ugh why would they delete the red calipers for silver instead! My wife really wanted all black interior. I wanted some color on the inside. So either red or porcelain interior and I'm good. I'm really tempted by some of the matte Gs I see online. I had plans to get a white one then turn it into matte white lol.

I love ordering cars but the wait, it's too intense. My last one was a X5 order and that's built here in the US haha.

Yes I ordered my G from Tampa from Simon. He is their AMG expert and has been with the company for over 15 years believe it or not! Good guy, really knows his MBs. I stopped at the new Benz dealer in New Port Richie over the weekend, they have a black 2016 sitting on the showroom, I stopped there because I have never actually seen the interior that I ordered before, and ironically this G is configured exactly like mine inside and I LOVED IT. Cannot wait, so excited. The outside is gloss black and has silver calipers, so I wouldnt consider it however I can tell they were eager to deal. It has an MSRP of around 145k, its black black with the diamond inside and sport steering wheel. My G will likely not be here till June so its going to be a long 4 months!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:01 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Its tempting not to wait, but as I get older I finally understand "good things come to those who wait" lol. Ever since I saw a matte G in 2013 when picking up my E I was done. So waiting another 4 months for exactly what I want doesnt sound so bad haha. Ill be honest, the silver calipers look way better in person than I thought, but yea...red is the way to go.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:09 PM

20 G63, 19 720s
I feel you did you get red or silver? I know if the Pistons are big enough, ANY bbk would look good. But with black wheels, I think red would be really nice but that's me.

Also I found out something today about the steering wheel. If you don't get heated or the wood trim steering wheel, it's seems like it's the AMG performance steering wheel and it looks nice and beefy. Just wanted to let you know if you could configure your order.

Its tempting not to wait, but as I get older I finally understand "good things come to those who wait" lol. Ever since I saw a matte G in 2013 when picking up my E I was done. So waiting another 4 months for exactly what I want doesnt sound so bad haha. Ill be honest, the silver calipers look way better in person than I thought, but yea...red is the way to go.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:42 PM

2016 G63 AMG
I got the red brakes. Yes I thought I mentioned in an earlier post that about the steering wheel. The standard non heated non wood wheel is awesome. It's like the one in my E63 without the alcantara on the sides. It feels smaller and it's definitely chubby. Way better than a wood wheel. That was the main reason why I went to see that truck. It's on auto trader so you can get a really good look at the photos on there.

Almost all G63s I have seen have a wood wheel. I saw a 14 w the standard but it wasn't a sport wheel like the 16

Originally Posted by johndong888
I feel you did you get red or silver? I know if the Pistons are big enough, ANY bbk would look good. But with black wheels, I think red would be really nice but that's me.

Also I found out something today about the steering wheel. If you don't get heated or the wood trim steering wheel, it's seems like it's the AMG performance steering wheel and it looks nice and beefy. Just wanted to let you know if you could configure your order.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:22 PM

20 G63, 19 720s
Yeah the sports steering wheel are near impossible to locate. I was afraid my heated one didnt have enough girth to it but it's still pretty good. It's doesn't look like it but it's beefy like my M3 and X5 Msport Steering wheel. Need a closer look at the paddles as I think they're different. The heated one has the same paddles as in my S550. The standard one looks bigger and more aluminum. I think mine is just black but I can't recall.

Everything is amazing about the car. The presence, the exhaust note, the drive. I haven't floor'd it yet since i"m in breakin.

I got the red brakes. Yes I thought I mentioned in an earlier post that about the steering wheel. The standard non heated non wood wheel is awesome. It's like the one in my E63 without the alcantara on the sides. It feels smaller and it's definitely chubby. Way better than a wood wheel. That was the main reason why I went to see that truck. It's on auto trader so you can get a really good look at the photos on there.

Almost all G63s I have seen have a wood wheel. I saw a 14 w the standard but it wasn't a sport wheel like the 16
Old 03-24-2016, 05:11 PM

20 G63, 19 720s

OP, I took these photos for you when I went into the dealership to get cargo tray for the g63.

Color was amazing. First time seeing this color actually. Even though it was a 550 u get the idea. I would like to get the S63 in the back too lol. The G + S, what a great combo.

Side note, the side amber reflectors do stick out alot in this color.

Last edited by johndong888; 03-24-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:17 PM

2016 G63 AMG
wow that looks amazing, I have seen the color on an SL before and a G driving by, but havent been able to really sit in one and stare at it. Its going to be a long 3 months!!! Thank you for taking these, very cool of you.