Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

[?] Need to find an armoured Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[?] Need to find an armoured Mercedes

Hey,

I know I'm only 15 (as I have mentioned it before on the boards) however I happen to know a relative who is in desperate need of an armoured Mercedes-Benz.

Bullet proofing is essential however bomb proofing is not (though good if included).

To make matters worse, the vehicle is needed ASAP so I'm assuming he'd have to get one used, which is fine, except I don't see them advertised like normal cars. In fact, I don't see them advertised at all.

Is there any advice you can give me as to how we could get our hands on one in Australia. Anywhere in Australia is fine.

Any help would be hugely appreciated and please take this seriously as it is not a joke made by some young-un for a laugh because it wouldn't really be that funny now would it.

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:44 AM
ON PROBATION

MBZ is now making a factory-issue armoured S500.
If you need one immediately I would check with the larger MBZ dealers currently existing in Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, and Bahrain (in that order) where armoured sales demand is high and they should have the inventory. I guarentee you that you will find more than one armoured MBZ S-class or G-class already on the ground and sitting in inventory at a MBZ dealer in one of the four above countries.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:50 PM

Really? Ok well we shall consider that, thanks for the info.

I'm not to familiar with the car market there but do you guys get cars cheap comparativly next to the States and Britain? Or do you have high car taxes like in Australia and parts of Asia?

So still, I hope someone can help find an armoured car in Australia if possible. Our dealer is unsure himself and utterly useless..
Old 01-19-2006, 04:49 PM
ON PROBATION

You guys pay more in Australia.

We get MBZ's for less here in the USA than anywhere else in the world that I know of - and that's not due to currency exchange rate, it's due to marketing and MSRP. I've always figured that we get better prices here in the USA because we are such a large percentage of MBZ's high-end market - and they want the sales volume - so they price attractively accordingly.

Find his car in the Middle East: they have a huge demand there for armoured, they have lots of them in inventory compared to anywhere else (except perhaps Russia), and their pricing and shipping to Australia should be quite attractive to you.

Prices on armoured in UAE (try Dubai and Abu Dhabi) should be very good/quite favorable compared to Australia. Saudi Arabia should be about the same as the UAE in favorability. I don't know about Kuwait or Bahrain...

Oh, and you also might try Egypt -- they are starting to boom the last 6 months or so and I think that at least one new mega- MBZ dealership has opened there in Adis Ababa in just the last couple of months and may have inventory and attractive pricing on armoureds as well.

Post back up and let us know how it turned out, please?
Old 01-19-2006, 09:11 PM

I own and drive a 2006 E350 S, with AMG Package, Tuned by Brabus
Armored G55 AMG

Originally Posted by SL65AMG V12
Hey,

I know I'm only 15 (as I have mentioned it before on the boards) however I happen to know a relative who is in desperate need of an armoured Mercedes-Benz.

Bullet proofing is essential however bomb proofing is not (though good if included).

To make matters worse, the vehicle is needed ASAP so I'm assuming he'd have to get one used, which is fine, except I don't see them advertised like normal cars. In fact, I don't see them advertised at all.

Is there any advice you can give me as to how we could get our hands on one in Australia. Anywhere in Australia is fine.

Any help would be hugely appreciated and please take this seriously as it is not a joke made by some young-un for a laugh because it wouldn't really be that funny now would it.

Thanks!
Are you still in the Market for an Armored vehicle? We have two Armored G55 AMG for sale here in frankfurt Germany. We will entertain shipping discussions if required.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ClayJ
You guys pay more in Australia.

We get MBZ's for less here in the USA than anywhere else in the world that I know of - and that's not due to currency exchange rate, it's due to marketing and MSRP. I've always figured that we get better prices here in the USA because we are such a large percentage of MBZ's high-end market - and they want the sales volume - so they price attractively accordingly.

Find his car in the Middle East: they have a huge demand there for armoured, they have lots of them in inventory compared to anywhere else (except perhaps Russia), and their pricing and shipping to Australia should be quite attractive to you.

Prices on armoured in UAE (try Dubai and Abu Dhabi) should be very good/quite favorable compared to Australia. Saudi Arabia should be about the same as the UAE in favorability. I don't know about Kuwait or Bahrain...

Oh, and you also might try Egypt -- they are starting to boom the last 6 months or so and I think that at least one new mega- MBZ dealership has opened there in Adis Ababa in just the last couple of months and may have inventory and attractive pricing on armoureds as well.

Post back up and let us know how it turned out, please?
Ok thanks, will do. I will use your information to help my relative and who knows, we might end up going for the Saudia Arabia option. Thanks again.
Originally Posted by E350 S
Are you still in the Market for an Armored vehicle? We have two Armored G55 AMG for sale here in frankfurt Germany. We will entertain shipping discussions if required.
Could you PM me with some further details please. Mainly interested in price and location of the vehicles. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Hey Clay, I think they're cheaper in Europe. There must be a reason why all the taxi's are late model E-classes over here.

By the way to the original poster, you want an armored vehicle but are looking for a discount? LOL!
Old 01-23-2006, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by E350 S
PLEASE post some pics!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:49 PM

One-off armoured S500 by Lorinser
Exclamation Armoured S500 W140

Hey, I've read this thread, and can offer a Merc in my possesion:

1994 S500 by Lorinser

2nd level armour, bullet-proof windows, doors, explosive-proof (to the certain extent) chassis...

Engine - 5 ltr. 482 BHP, 0-60 mph - 5.6 sec Max speed - 322 km/h (approx 200 mph)

All limiters are off, the car is super-chipped. All extras, leather, full electronic, 1,200 W sound system.

Pictures are on http://public.fotki.com/arnieandjulia

The car is in Dublin, Ireland. PM me if interested. No timewasters please!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

91' 300e // 99 300e TD // 00' ML55 AMG
julia is hot man ! well done !
Old 01-29-2006, 05:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Hey,

Thanks!
1) If it is less than 15 years old you cant import it.

2) It needs option 625 - AUSTRALIAN BUILD

3) It must be right hand drive

4) No one in Australia needs a bullet proof car.

5) The last time a bomb was used was back in the days of the Hilton Bombing in Sydney when an unexploded device destroyed a rubbish truck and blew out windows in the QVB (back then a post office).

This car can be bought used through Canberra Mercedes as they have a strong client base of diplomats and high profile owners.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:33 AM

Why do you need an armoured MB?

Hi just a little curious but why does your relative need such an armoured car? If it's diplomatic then the corp will supply it, if it's special service they will supply too. Less your relative is a drug baron or a just seriouly paranoid no one will need an Armoured car.

If none of these and you really really really need one (highly doubt) then there is a company in London who will convert any current car to armoured, although it will be insanely expensive over £150,000 10 years ago to convert a mini. A MB is going to set your relative back at least £800,000 !!!

Heres a thought why doesn't your relative just buy an ex military Hum V it will weigh 6 tonne and be almost indistructable.

To armour any MB will be extremely difficult too due to it's structure.

Charlotte
Old 01-29-2006, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Charlotte001
To armour any MB will be extremely difficult too due to it's structure.

Charlotte
There is an extensive list of components in the parts ordering system for reinforcement.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Ha ... come to think of it .... would be a fun modz project. We could do photos and all.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:35 AM

05 C55 AMG, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 04
What does he need an armoured car for ? Did he burn someone's shrimp on the barbie ?

Anyhow,

a quick 10 sec. search on yahoo reveals the following:

http://www.safecity.com.au/armourcar.htm

They are located in Oberon,NSW and should be able to customize/armour any vehicle you wish....
Old 02-13-2006, 05:32 AM

Sorry for letting this thread get away from me.

Well we have settled for a Holden Caprice armoured car. It will be shipped off to the country where this person lives. He used to live in Aus but business took him elsewhere. Lets just the say the country is a developing nation and along with that, there have been threats made against him. Don't worry, I'm not the relative of some drug lord lol. Its just one of those things that happen in big-business.

That last link posted above is very good. Wish I had that earlier!! Anyways thanks for the help...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Sorry for letting this thread get away from me.

Well we have settled for a Holden Caprice armoured car. It will be shipped off to the country where this person lives. He used to live in Aus but business took him elsewhere. Lets just the say the country is a developing nation and along with that, there have been threats made against him. Don't worry, I'm not the relative of some drug lord lol. Its just one of those things that happen in big-business.

That last link posted above is very good. Wish I had that earlier!! Anyways thanks for the help...
It may repel bullets but I dont like its chances against rust.

NOTE TO SELF: Send a 15yo out to buy armoured Mercedes and he will come home with Australian crap-box.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:50 AM
ON PROBATION

Glad that a suitable solution was found by you, and within the immediate timeframe.

Now go and make the call to (or strongly suggest that he go and call) MBGuard, and order a proper S500 (or G-Class) Guard for the long-term solution. And don't settle for Class 2 protection - go up to Class 3 or Class 4....
Old 02-14-2006, 04:21 AM

Yes the MBGuard would have been prefferable however the Holden was considerably more cheaper and available. Whats important is that the armour requirements were met. No its not bomb proof but all the wanted bullet proofing was available. I can't get into full details as I don't have them.

This relative of mine has plenty of Mercs in his garage He's been collecting for years now and is currently considering the W221. Driving a Holden in the short term is going to be weird but its what he has to do. He considered a W220 however it was too expensive for the short period of he wanted it for. Import duties are hell expensive where he lives..

I might post pics of the Caprice when i get them but boy how cool would it be to tell people you know someone who owns a armoured Gwag
Old 02-15-2006, 03:55 AM
ON PROBATION

Sounds like you did very well then. Good Stuff.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:14 PM

C219 CLS / W220 † / W211† / W210 E55 † / W210 Brabus † / Hamann 540i † /
Check Ebay, i remember seeing 50cents Armoed S500 awhile back.