Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Germany Plate in Massachusetts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C230K
Question Germany Plate in Massachusetts?

Hi guys, I just installed a german plate for my front and I’m just wondering if anyone who has a german plate (in USA) has some problem with police. I live in MA and I saw lot of cars that doesn’t use any front plate at all. Any suggestion and comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
Yeah, I also live in MA and have been debating whether or not to get a Euro-Style front plate. My question is, does your Germany styled plate spell out anything or is it just random letters/numbers/symbols?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 AM

03 C230K
Originally Posted by kevblah
Yeah, I also live in MA and have been debating whether or not to get a Euro-Style front plate. My question is, does your Germany styled plate spell out anything or is it just random letters/numbers/symbols?
Curently, it's just random number and letter. I'm thinking to order a new one that spell-out something if I know for sure I can use it. I know lot of cars don't use front plate here (MA)--and it seems ok, but with German Plate, I only see 2 cars for the past 2 years in MA.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:03 AM

e300d
MA law requires a front and rear plate unless you have the old style (green font/white background). I look at it as another opportunity to be stopped by the police at the wrong moment
Old 03-29-2007, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E53
I have the new MA plate. I just throw the Euro plate behind the MA plate. I actualyl like that look more than having only the Euro plate. As far as numbering on the euro plate goes...just get any official used euro plates from ebay. keeping it true euro style rather than naming it something liek "EUROBENZO"..etc.. hahahaa

i have had ppl asking me "oh wow, is your car from germany? its got an euro plate". I said.. it's from germany regardless.. LOL
Old 03-29-2007, 01:36 PM

03 C230K
Originally Posted by sanf
I have the new MA plate. I just throw the Euro plate behind the MA plate. I actualyl like that look more than having only the Euro plate. As far as numbering on the euro plate goes...just get any official used euro plates from ebay. keeping it true euro style rather than naming it something liek "EUROBENZO"..etc.. hahahaa

i have had ppl asking me "oh wow, is your car from germany? its got an euro plate". I said.. it's from germany regardless.. LOL
Have u ever being stopped by the police?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 PM

E53
Originally Posted by cagthuzz2807
Have u ever being stopped by the police?
never, and I dont see the reason to. I have both MA plates on. having something behind the plate isn't against the law. You will probably get pull if you have some weird license plate bracket. hahah

Old 03-29-2007, 01:42 PM

03 C230K
never, and I dont see the reason to. I have both MA plates on. having something behind the plate isn't against the law. You will probably get pull if you have some weird license plate bracket. hahah
Sorry for the stupid question but, do you think I will be stopped if I only use the euro plate for my front? It's just a random number and letter, not a fancy word.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM

03 C32 | 72 Porsche 914
Usually German plates are not totally random, The first letter or 2 is actually the city where the car is registered the followed by the date of issue and then numbers:

ie/ M 17/03/03 1045

broken down is : M (Munich) 17/03/03 (date of issue - these are actually in a square pattern) 1045 - (numbering)

Hope this helps,

-Mike
Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM

E53
Originally Posted by cagthuzz2807
Sorry for the stupid question but, do you think I will be stopped if I only use the euro plate for my front? It's just a random number and letter, not a fancy word.
haha, that's for you to find out. It would catch the cops' attention for sure. But if you have the old MA plate then they can't really give you a ticket for it.

To me, an euro plate is no different than those bumper stickers.. if there's no law against that, then they shouldn't pull you for the euro plate (unless you only have one of the new MA plate on).
Old 03-30-2007, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3

do you have pics? i'd love to see this setup