Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Caliper painting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caliper painting

Think red calipers would look fabulous on my black AMG wagon. Any advice on job and cost. I am in the Chicago area.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:45 PM

Is @ Home
I have a Duplicolor caliper paint for sale that you can use to paint the calipers for cheap. The color is red.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Almost a Member!

duplicolor on calipers

seems like duplicolor is the main brand. don't want to do the job myself...can any body shop do it if I supply the pain? How many reds are there? Thanks for your help. (tangerine is cool, too)
Old 12-17-2007, 03:20 AM

Is @ Home
Originally Posted by windgirl
seems like duplicolor is the main brand. don't want to do the job myself...can any body shop do it if I supply the pain? How many reds are there? Thanks for your help. (tangerine is cool, too)
Yea, Duplicolor is what most people opt for in DIYs. But since you don't want to do it yourself its best to shop around and compare prices. I'm not from the Chicago area so can't help there. Its very simple, take off wheel and brush it on (mask off if you have butterfingers fingers) and let dry. But if you want to get it professionally done I would get them powdercoated but that would cost more since that requires taking it apart but the result is the glossy, long lasting, high resistant paint. There are tons of red, swing by your homedepot, go to the paint selection and pick out which red you want from one of the sample cars and have the paint shop match it. And yes, tangerine is always cool
Old 12-17-2007, 06:01 PM

CLS63 AMG S
completely agree, some bad shops will just spray some good ol red on there but will chip in time it takes you to wash the car next lol, go to a shop that will dismount your calipers and do some good quality work, duplicolor is actually the BEST paint i think you can get, ive rebuit calipers before and i love this stuff some good clearcoats ontop of your red and itll shine forever, no real difference in shades of red but i believe you can order different types
vht and duplicolor have now come out with better applications
hope this helps http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/sfID1/1/sfID2/14
Old 12-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Thumbs up powdercoating calipers

Thanks, Military Benz. I have decided on the powdercoating...found a company in Chicago that outsources to GARY, IND. of all places.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by windgirl
Thanks, Military Benz. I have decided on the powdercoating...found a company in Chicago that outsources to GARY, IND. of all places.
+1...did it on my car (from silver to black).

They completely cleaned the calipers, powder coated, placed the AMG emblems, then clear coated.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Almost a Member!

caliper painting

AMGFAN, I like the extreme subtlety of your choice! The black DOES look very cool. I guess I am more in-your-face with my choice of red. How much did the job cost in total?