Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Maybach Maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes!
Maybach Maintenance

Hey everyone,

Just out of curiosity and a possible future (way into the future) purchase, I wanted to know if anyone has experience in dealing with Maybachs. I was interested in finding out the cost of ownership of such an uber vehicle. I've noticed a few of them for around $100k that are about 3 to 4 years old. Would it be a feasible purchase? I mean, after getting such a bargain, would I have like a $30K repair bill or something? It's always interesting to know because the sticker price really doesn't give a complete idea as to what to expect. I would imagine that such a impeccable car would be "bulletproof" in its functionality and longevity. But, my experience with my CL600 has proved otherwise. When things go wrong, they do so concertedly. I just expect higher end vehicles to be better built and not have petty problems every six months. I realize that the level of technology and gadgetry is a premium that has to be accounted for, but what about the addage, "you get what you pay for?"

Mohammed
Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Expect very expensive maintenance.

This will likely be offset by the fact these cars will have zip for resale value.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:54 PM

Yes!
For example, how much would a Service A or B run? If it applies to Maybachs?
Old 04-29-2009, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
dude if you are really asking how much an oil change will cost i think you are looking at the wrong car. not trying to be mean or anything but the people these cars were built for (and its certainly not for myself) dont really even think twice about routine service for these cars.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1991 560SEC Teal 1989 420SEL Ice Blue 1984 500SEC White
But I understand what he means as far as cost to value.
SO how much would a filter and oil change cost?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:56 PM

I can't afford
Originally Posted by sleewell
dude if you are really asking how much an oil change will cost i think you are looking at the wrong car. not trying to be mean or anything but the people these cars were built for (and its certainly not for myself) dont really even think twice about routine service for these cars.
I don't think he's asking about oil change, but if there are hidden services like Ferrari etc...

Maybach has regular maintenance like an S600 or S65. They'll charge you more since they have to use a custom lift to service the vehicle, and there are couple other points to check when doing service a and b like panoroof etc...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:56 PM

Yes!
Well sorry for the confusion. I guess my question was a combination of Benzitch and Satan's response. I agree that if you have to ask, then you should probably not be looking at it. But, the way I look at it is that if it has reliability of an S Class, then it wouldn't be so impractical to get.

The hidden services and fees are always the missing info. I'm sure you can get a great deal on a used Maybach, but you don't want a $30k service/repair due on something you just bought, while under the impression you're getting something of value. The costs of ownership are what I'm hinting at as well as the average $ needed to maintain such a car. Sorry if my question was a bit vague.

Mohammed
Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 S550
Can someone answer his question? Just because you may be well off, does not mean you do not care what something cost's.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:59 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Not really a qualified opinion, but I have looked at a maybach close up, inside and out - and in my opinion it looks like any other car out there.

Mechanically I would not expect anything to be out of line maintenance wise, with the exception of the air suspension, which is pretty much guaranteed to fail at some point in time and will cost an arm and leg.

My other concern would be the electronics. Simply because there are so many, and on top of which when an electronic component fails, there's very little chance of repair. Most likely will have to be replaced with an expensive OEM part.

As for the cost of an oil change on the Maybach - if you're a car guy like me, then all it'd really cost is a couple jugs of oil, a filter, and 15 minutes of your time.
One of the things I love about MBZ is how easy they make the oil changes especially if you have a topsider. Any dealer that charges a couple hundred bucks for an oil change is laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1987 190E 2.3
It will be expensive. The see through roof on the 62 is over $100,000 for the one part alone.
Just a simple oil change is over $500.