Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Contact "Lisa" to buy the cheapest Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranty!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Thumbs up Contact "Lisa" to buy the cheapest Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranty!

Many "regulars" in different MB forums know that to purchase the cheapest (or at least EXTREMELY cheap) Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranty, you should contact "Lisa". To help others purchase the cheapest (or EXTREMELY cheap) MB ELW's, there are 2 ways to directly contact "Lisa":

1) DIRECT LINE: (530) 230-3154. The best times to reach "Lisa" are in the evenings, 5pm-8pm PST. She also has Tuesday's off (as well as one weekend each month), so if she's not there, then call back another day. If she's busy, then call back in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE HER VOICEMAILS!!! She receives too many voicemails, and cannot respond to all of them! The best thing to do is to be patient, and call back in a few minutes... or use Option #2 below....

2) E-MAIL: lisal@donotspam.chicocourtesy.com <== REMOVE "donotspam." FROM THE ADDRESS! If you cannot get a hold of her using the telephone, or don't have the time or patience to call, then you can also reach her using e-mail. If you are e-mailing her, please include the following information about your Mercedes-Benz vehicle:

MB ELW YOU'RE INTERESTED IN (ie: 7yr/75K, 7yr/100K, etc)

CAR YEAR
CAR MAKE/MODEL
VIN#
# OF MILES

YOUR FULL NAME
ADDRESS
TELEPHONE NUMBER
(so she can call you back)

She will respond to her e-mails as soon as she can.

NOTES:

A)
All genuine Mercedes-Benz ELW's have NO DEDUCTABLE! If you're being quoted a deductable, then it's NOT a genuine MB ELW!

B) All Mercedes-Benz vehicles are eligible to purchase genuine MB ELW's if they are still under Factory Warranty! (Many dealers will tell differently, but they are lying!)

C) If your Mercedes-Benz is still within 30-days of purchase, you can purchase/add-on a genuine MB ELW with no penalty. If your Mercedes-Benz is NOT within 30-days of purchase (but still under Factory Warranty), you still can purchase a genuine MB ELW for your vehicle, but there will be a surcharge (~15% I think, but I don't know how they calculate it... ask Lisa).

D) If your Mercedes-Benz is NOT under Factory Warranty anymore, but you would still like to purchase an Extended Warranty for your vehicle, then Lisa also offers multiple 3rd-Party Warranties (just like other MB dealers as well). She probably can give you a competitive rate on these as well (doesn't hurt to ask!).

E) You can purchase your Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranty from ANY MB Dealership in the country (NOT only the dealer where you purchased your vehicle from). Many dealers will tell differently, but they are lying!

F) If you sell or "total" your vehicle before your Factory Warranty is up, then you can ask MB for a 100% refund of your MB Extended Warranty purchase price. If your Factory Warranty is up, and you sell or "total" your vehicle before your entire MB Extended Warranty is up, then you can ask MB to refund you a prorated amount (for the unused portion of your MB Extended Warranty). (NOTE: This option only applies to 100% genuine Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranties... NOT necessarily to any 3rd party warranties sold through MB Dealerships! Make sure you get the GENUINE MB ELW if you want this option!)
Old 05-30-2009, 05:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
I contacted her and she is quoting $800 MORE for the SAME warranty than two other finance mangers at MB dealers I checked.

Lisa is NOT giving the best price.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:07 PM

07 S550
Originally Posted by C32AMG
I contacted her and she is quoting $800 MORE for the SAME warranty than two other finance mangers at MB dealers I checked.

Lisa is NOT giving the best price.
Which other dealers? I am still looking for a warranty on my S550. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:07 PM

E350
Originally Posted by softgenious
Which other dealers? I am still looking for a warranty on my S550. Thanks.

Yes, please post the contact info of ANY dealer giving you a cheaper quote AND the details of your "deal"! I would like to know this also! I'm pretty sure that ANY MB dealer giving you $800 off Lisa is either:

1) Giving you a 3rd-party non-MB-ELW warranty (although they SAY they're giving you a genuine MB ELW, but on the paperwork it says "ABC" or "D&W" or "Chrysler" or some other company other than "Mercedes-Benz")

-OR-

2) You're getting a "package" deal instead of a "standalone" deal on MB ELW (ie: dealership loses money on the extended warranty, but more than makes up the difference on the price of the car/add-ons/accessories/windshield & tire repair warranties/lojack/etc)

-OR-

3) The dealership that quoted you $800 less is quoting a different MB ELW than Lisa (ie: 5yr/75K instead of 7yr/100K), or is quoting you the MB ELW for the wrong car (ie: C350 instead of a S500).

-OR-

4) You're living in a state that can charge a lower price (assuming dealerships in different states can calculate the "surcharge rate" on out-of-30-day vehicles differently, or if there are other variable costs added into the price of the extended warranty, which I don't think they do... but I guess anything is possible)

I have verified Lisa's prices on these warranties with MB dealership invoice prices (at least in CA, which I assume is the same throughout the U.S.), and the difference isn't even close to $800 (much less). Therefore, the dealership which quoted you $800 less is LOSING MONEY on the warranty (IF it's a genuine MB ELW).

Please post detailed information of your "deal", and the contact information of the person that gave it to you. If it is indeed cheaper than Lisa by $800 for the exact same thing (which I doubt, but doesn't mean it can't happen), then I'd like to buy from him/her too!

NOTE: This is NOT directed at the OP, but in general I've noticed that in these (and other) forums that over time random posters claimed to have gotten their MB ELW for cheaper than Lisa. However I have YET to see any detailed "deal" information for standalone MB ELW's that is cheaper than Lisa's. All posters that I've tried to contact regarding the price they paid for their MB ELW never respond to me, nor posts any detailed "deal" information or contact info. That's not to say there's no one in the entire U.S. that sells MB ELW's cheaper than Lisa... it just means that there's no VERIFIABLE SOURCE that I've come across on numerous MB forums that sells MB ELW's cheaper than Lisa. It doesn't do anyone on these forums any good to post that you got a cheaper deal on a MB ELW, but then disappear or provide no details. If OP provides detailed information about his/her "standalone warranty deal" and contact, then he/she be the first I've seen to do so!

Last edited by chokaay; 05-31-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:26 PM

E350
Deleted by moderator = non-sponsor advertising

Based on your website, you sell Chrysler and Ford Extended Warranties, but NOT genuine Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranties, is that correct?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
FYI to all:

If you want a hassle free MB Extended warranty: Call MBUSA, and talk to not just one, but all the different MB dealers in your area.

The method I used to get an MB extended warranty was to:

1. Talk to all MB dealers in Atlanta.
2. Verify price on MB Extended warranty from all. Pick the one that has the best deal. If a dealer will not give you an MB Extended warranty, move on.
3. Check on terms and do a comparison of MB Extended vs 3rd party.
4. Talk to MBUSA to check and verify terms, conditions, etc. Read the entire list of exclusions on any contract.

Surprising results were:

1. 3rd party warranties may or may not cover labor rates and same quality parts, such as new vs used, etc.

Example, if your MB dealer charges $100/hr but the warranty only allots $75/hr, you are left holding the bag on the difference. I was shown many cases of this, and talked with several customers. It happens.

2. The MB Extended warranty is higher. Period. Here is what you get though: Piece of mind knowing you can got to any MB dealer and get your car fixed with no hassle, no bill rate issues, you are getting authentic MB parts, etc.
No deductible. $0.
No worry of oh this is not covered, oops, we don't cover airmatic. Ooops, we don't cover navigation systems. One customer at RBM of Atlanta was stuck with about 40% of the repair bill on airmatic with a third party.
One thing we all can agree, MB knows what parts are on their cars, exactly.

Guys, this has been discussed many times, and seemed to be so confused. So I took about a month to research this back and forth. No knock on Lisa, or 3rd party warranties, just some information that I found out and others have as well.

Read up, make calls, verify, and then decide.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pick up
Thanks for sharing some info...
Old 06-01-2009, 04:14 AM

E350
Originally Posted by bigben320e
No knock on Lisa, or 3rd party warranties, just some information that I found out and others have as well.

Read up, make calls, verify, and then decide.

Lisa sells 100% genuine Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranties, AS WELL AS some other 3rd-Party Extended Warranties.

NO Mercedes dealerships are allowed to sell MB ELW's to customers who's Factory Warranty already has expired, which is why Lisa sells 3rd-Party Extended Warranties (and also for some people don't want to pay that much for Extended Warranties). Lisa always recommends MB owners INSIDE their Factory Warranty period to purchase genuine MB ELW's... NOT 3rd-Party Warranties (unless you really can't afford a MB ELW).
Old 06-01-2009, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by chokaay
Lisa sells 100% genuine Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranties, AS WELL AS some other 3rd-Party Extended Warranties.

NO Mercedes dealerships are allowed to sell MB ELW's to customers who's Factory Warranty already has expired, which is why Lisa sells 3rd-Party Extended Warranties (and also for some people don't want to pay that much for Extended Warranties). Lisa always recommends MB owners INSIDE their Factory Warranty period to purchase genuine MB ELW's... NOT 3rd-Party Warranties (unless you really can't afford a MB ELW).
Uhh...we all know MB doesn't allow extended warranties if you are outside of your factory warranty. At no point did I suggest it.

As I said, no knock on Lisa I am sure she is a reliable source. Terms change, conditions change, as I said in my above post, verify with MBUSA and the dealer (I advised to check with several) before purchasing any warranty. 3rd party or MB extended.

Bottom line, a MB Extended warranty as said in my earlier post is your best bet for reasons noted. I suggested doing your homework to be safe assured of what your are buying.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:16 PM

E350
Originally Posted by bigben320e
As I said, no knock on Lisa I am sure she is a reliable source. Terms change, conditions change, as I said in my above post, verify with MBUSA and the dealer (I advised to check with several) before purchasing any warranty. 3rd party or MB extended.

Bottom line, a MB Extended warranty as said in my earlier post is your best bet for reasons noted. I suggested doing your homework to be safe assured of what your are buying.

Sorry, I missed the comma separating "Lisa" and "3rd party warranties" when I read it the first time... sounded like you were lumping them together.

And I agree with everything that you've said in your posts. MB ELW is the way to go (if you can).
Old 06-01-2009, 01:41 PM

Jag XKR
Ok no bash on Lisa, I'm sure she can get some great deals, but I'm just curious, why are you pushing these warranties from Lisa so much? The structure of your posts and the underlining and the bolding makes it seem as if your getting a commission from these warranties
Old 06-01-2009, 02:32 PM

E350
Originally Posted by hdtv22
Ok no bash on Lisa, I'm sure she can get some great deals, but I'm just curious, why are you pushing these warranties from Lisa so much? The structure of your posts and the underlining and the bolding makes it seem as if your getting a commission from these warranties

Nope, no commission. I don't even work for MB (otherwise I wouldn't be asking for prices people were paying for MB vehicles... I'd probably be doing the employee leasing program). I like to help other people out on forums (not only on MB forums). I also posted all the info I have here as an archived reference, in case I lose the info (which does happen from time to time) and have to find Lisa or the general conditions and terms of MB ELW's (at least when purchased in 2009).

Also, in my recent experience, Lisa is the most honest Finance Department person I've ever spoke with at a MB dealership (and I've been to and spoken to A LOT of them in the past month or so). She recommended that I NOT purchase lojack (even though finance people get commissions for every add-on they sell I think), she recommended a lower MB ELW milage warranty based on the miles I'd drive with my car (instead of the more expensive 7yr/100K), etc. And if you're in a rush, she can be very straight-to-the-point and get you in-and-out fast (it took me less than 10 minutes over the phone to get details on all the warranty, decide which one was best for my usage, double-check my vehicle and owner details, purchase the warranty, and receive the e-mailed certificate and paperwork from NetStar). From my experience, ALL Finance Department people want to sell more stuff to you... Lisa was the only one that doesn't/didn't!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Thanx for "Sharing" the info
Old 06-15-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Originally Posted by chokaay
From my experience, ALL Finance Department people want to sell more stuff to you... Lisa was the only one that doesn't/didn't!
Honestly-then she isnt doing her job right.
Its her job to offer/sell to the consumer the products that are available in that given state-thats why most dealers and vendors now require a menu type presentation that a customer must sign off on (1) being offered and (2) declining or accepting the product.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:55 PM

LOADED 2006 E500
Originally Posted by rockjock
Honestly-then she isnt doing her job right.

....guess that's why she gets almost EVERYBODY's business that's shopping for a MB ELW, huh??

She found a niche, from one of the many duties she performs, and does it better than any other MB dealer. Sounds pretty damn smart to me.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
+1, let the "Comission" checks role in. Defiantely employee of the month material I will definately have to give her a call
Old 07-31-2009, 02:19 PM

2013 E350 Bluetec, 2008 Audi S4 Avant, 2011 VW Golf TDI, 2015 Audi S3, 2020 GLB250
MB Extended Warranty does not cover everything, so make sure you read the fine prints. I've purchased a genuine MB extended warranty at the time I purchased my C230 in 2005, and the finance manager specifically pointed out that it does not cover the navigation system, which is fine, since I didn't get that option. And in the past year, the first year after my regular warranty expired, I was 0 for 2 in getting my issues fixed under extended warranty, costing me an additional $800.00 in repairs.

The first issue was understandable, my inside door handle broke, and extended warranty doesn't cover trim pieces (while regular warranty does). Fair enough. $50.00 for a door handle and some elbow grease, and the car is whole again.

The second issue was with a emission evap system leak. Turns out the fuel filler neck had a small leak causing the check engine light to be on. Service advisor calls and says it's not covered by the extended warranty, which seems odd. I checked my warranty contract and there's a clause that says anything not listed in the covered items list will not be covered. Of course, they're not going to list "fuel filler neck" as a part. I tried to argue that the fuel filler neck is part of the fuel tank, which was listed, but was denied. That'll be $750.00 please (after I scoured around and found a 15% off service coupon).

So, on top of the $1580.00 I paid for 2 years of extended warranty, I'm out an additional $800.00 since the extended warranty has been useless so far...buyer beware!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by gaogi
MB Extended Warranty does not cover everything, so make sure you read the fine prints. I've purchased a genuine MB extended warranty at the time I purchased my C230 in 2005, and the finance manager specifically pointed out that it does not cover the navigation system, which is fine, since I didn't get that option. And in the past year, the first year after my regular warranty expired, I was 0 for 2 in getting my issues fixed under extended warranty, costing me an additional $800.00 in repairs.

The first issue was understandable, my inside door handle broke, and extended warranty doesn't cover trim pieces (while regular warranty does). Fair enough. $50.00 for a door handle and some elbow grease, and the car is whole again.

The second issue was with a emission evap system leak. Turns out the fuel filler neck had a small leak causing the check engine light to be on. Service advisor calls and says it's not covered by the extended warranty, which seems odd. I checked my warranty contract and there's a clause that says anything not listed in the covered items list will not be covered. Of course, they're not going to list "fuel filler neck" as a part. I tried to argue that the fuel filler neck is part of the fuel tank, which was listed, but was denied. That'll be $750.00 please (after I scoured around and found a 15% off service coupon).

So, on top of the $1580.00 I paid for 2 years of extended warranty, I'm out an additional $800.00 since the extended warranty has been useless so far...buyer beware!
Is your problems relate to emission control of the car, which is a federal law require 8 years or 80K miles ?. You may call MB to file a complain (for sure REREAD your owner manual on Emission Control before filing a complain), I had both cat. converters (left & right) on my car replaced after the regular warranty end, but before the 8 years expired. NO question ask. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:42 PM

2007 E63, 2007 BMW 335i Coupe & 1991 Honda Accord
Extended my warranty through Ziegler. For the same price quoted by Lisa, I got a 5/70 to take me to 2014/139K. Lisa was giving me 3/30 to get me to 2012/99k with the same deductible. Chrysler covered my strut that needed to be replaced. It was a seamless and painless process.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:48 PM

sl 55 amg
I recently purchased a warranty from Michael Chase working for the ziegler group. First off Michael was right up front with all that the warranty would not cover. Which was wear and tear items like brakes and rotors and all. I had gotten a quote from easycare(garbage) and it didnt cover most of the AMG expensive parts struts hard top pump and parts for the top.
Well my top pump just went out. I took it to my mechanic that is a master tech and it was covered. I could have gone to the dealer and it would have been covered as well. Minus my $100 dedct.
My point is Michael Chase's Ziegler product has proved itself to me and there are lots on here that have it and they all swear by it. That was good enough for me.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:31 AM

E350
Originally Posted by Nanky
Extended my warranty through Ziegler. For the same price quoted by Lisa, I got a 5/70 to take me to 2014/139K. Lisa was giving me 3/30 to get me to 2012/99k with the same deductible. Chrysler covered my strut that needed to be replaced. It was a seamless and painless process.

Based on your post, I'm assuming you got a 3rd-party warranty instead of a genuine MB Extended Warranty. Genuine MB Extended Warranties only go up to 7yr/100K maximum and have $0 deductable.

I've found "Lisa" to be the cheapest for genuine MB Extended Warranties (some other dealers may be willing to match her price, but none would beat it). I don't know how her pricing is on 3rd-party extended warranties since I wasn't interested in those.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM

2005 SL55 AMG, 1986 Porsche 930S, 1996 Porsche 993tt
I email Lisa and hope to get a quote soon!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Almost a Member!

SL-500
Thanks for the information. It is really great.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:26 PM

Yugos only
The escape clause "part not listed is excluded"

Originally Posted by gaogi
MB Extended Warranty does not cover everything, so make sure you read the fine prints.

+1
On my G500 the extended warranty doesn't cover many of the weak points of the truck (electric window lifts and door locks) because they blame it on the plastic door clips breaking which are not a covered part.

And, if they do fix it they do not replace the door clips with new ones (at about $1.50 apiece) even though they are the weak point. They want to charge you labor for fitting the new clips!

The cause and effect here baffles the mind.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:04 AM

2009 Mercedes E350 RWD
Quote from Lisa - Last Week

Lisa was buried by the entire cash for clunkers - a major anomaly on supply, demand and pricing of new cars - so she took awhile to respond.

I was within my 30 day period and quote was 7 years/75k miles $3090 and 7 years /100k miles $4090. I bought the 7years /75k miles given I drive maybe 8,000 miles a year. This is the Mercedes extended warranty.

The other dealers could not come close to Lisa's price. I bought the Mercedes one given my transient status due to my work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Contact "Lisa" to buy the cheapest Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranty!