Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Do you look down on other benz owners with lower class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' CLS 500
Iwanta124:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get your coupe for?
Old 03-28-2005, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
a black SLK230 kompressor was parked right next to my usual parking spot at work today, i think it was car's my long lost cousin. they spent the day parked together catching up on old times.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:28 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mercedes S550
Talking

Criticism creates drama...drama creates problems...problems don't get anyone too far in life. Learn to appreciate, not only yourself, but others too.
Go to Oprah!! Go to Oprah!!

Just kidding!!
Old 03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I dont do that, even tho im driving an E55 doesnt mean im the god and have to bash other people.... it's just stupid... we all human beings and live different lives... someone is richier someone is more poor.. there was times i was driving hyndai accent and i was happy coz i had one, then i had bmw316 and i thought wow what a car... so you know what im saying, no need to be hating, coz you never know what will happen tomorow and what you gonna live like in a year...Enjoy what you have and dont bash people, WORLD PEACE !
Old 03-28-2005, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by MASA
Iwanta124:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get your coupe for?
$27,000
Old 03-28-2005, 06:10 PM

06' CLS 500
IwantA124:

In regards to your comment about how no Infiniti or Acura can match your Coupes ability to spin its rears and break loose on corners I believe your misinformed. A stock Nissan 350Z will more than be adequate to 'spin it rears' and 'break loose on corners'. Granted, the interior is not as well adorned as an MB, but performance wise you can't beat it. Have you ever driven a 350Z or it's cousin the G35? I'll bet you'll be impressed at how powerful and nimble these vehicles are. The G35's a bit more expensive, but the 350Z's right up there with the MB Coupe in price.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
The way I see it, every one has to start somehwere....
Exactly. Five years ago, my family only had a 1979 300SD and a 1981 300SD. The old one went away and we got a "newer" 1981 300SD with less miles and in better condition and it was the car we all wanted to drive. Btw, those trusty diesels are still running today...
Old 03-28-2005, 10:59 PM

IwantA124:

In regards to your comment about how no Infiniti or Acura can match your Coupes ability to spin its rears and break loose on corners I believe your misinformed. A stock Nissan 350Z will more than be adequate to 'spin it rears' and 'break loose on corners'. Granted, the interior is not as well adorned as an MB, but performance wise you can't beat it. Have you ever driven a 350Z or it's cousin the G35? I'll bet you'll be impressed at how powerful and nimble these vehicles are. The G35's a bit more expensive, but the 350Z's right up there with the MB Coupe in price.
LOL You're the one who said Acura or Infiniti. There was no Nissan in there, and yes I do know that Nissan manufactures Infiniti. I have driven a 350Z and I injoyed it for about 10 minutes and then I got tired of hearing the rocks hit the wheel liner in the rear which right there shows the difference in German and Japanese. My best friend owned a G35 and his interior rattled more than my ex 1996 GTi with blown shocks and Eibach springs. My friend held on to the car for about 5 months. The quality is just not there. As far as how impressed I was with it's performance, yes it will throw you back in your seat when you punch it, but on top end for a car that has i think 286hp I was very unimpressed. The G35 and 350Z look great, but that's about it.

And another thing my coupe is able to do that no 350Z or G35 can do is fit a six and a half foot Christmas Tree in the back, or take 4 rims still in their boxes along with 4 18" tires to the shop so they can be mounted on. Or how about take 2 snowboards in the back so me and my friend can have some fun.

Mercedes-Benz

Last edited by IwantA124; 03-28-2005 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:19 PM

06' CLS 500
How do loose rocks and pebbles hitting your 'wheel liner' show the difference between Japanese and German engineering? I've driven my SLK 350 and X5 and heard pebbles and rocks hit the wheel liner. It all depends on where your driving and not how the cars is engineered. The G35 did have its fair share of rattles and creaks, but not as bad as you make it out to be. Personally, I thought the G35 was an excellent car, but got rid of it because the SLK 350 was just that much better in terms of interior quality and appearance. I would opt for a G35 anyday over a MB Coupe, although the Coupe's appearance is kinda growing on me.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:38 PM

How do loose rocks and pebbles hitting your 'wheel liner' show the difference between Japanese and German engineering? I've driven my SLK 350 and X5 and heard pebbles and rocks hit the wheel liner. It all depends on where your driving and not how the cars is engineered. The G35 did have its fair share of rattles and creaks, but not as bad as you make it out to be. Personally, I thought the G35 was an excellent car, but got rid of it because the SLK 350 was just that much better in terms of interior quality and appearance. I would opt for a G35 anyday over a MB Coupe, although the Coupe's appearance is kinda growing on me.
When I say German and Japanese I mean overall not just engineering. My rear wheel liner is padded I don't know about your SLK so I don't hear any rocks or pebbles hiting anything. The 350z being that it's a 2 seater and the rear interior is open so we can see the stress bar causes it to have alot more road noise than normal.

Don't hide from the truth because you know damn wheel that's the reason you got a Mercedes. I would never trade my coupe for a G35 even if I got cash back. I see like 10 G35 per day I rarley see coupes, just for that simple fact I would not get one. And lately I'm seeing a hell of a lot of C class sedans even more than I see the G35's. But I would get a C Class sedan even if I saw 100 of them per day.

Last edited by IwantA124; 03-28-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:59 PM

06' CLS 500
The truth of the matter is I wanted a hard top convertible and as I am aware of, the only companies that offered these model are Lexus and Mercedes. The SL was way out of my price range so I opted for the SLK 350. I liked the Lexus as well, but the lines of the SLK 350 were a lot more attractive to me and living in San Francisco the SLK 350 was more logical in the sense that parking and driving is easier with a smaller car. If you see 10 G35 Coupes a day and for that simple reason you would not purchase it, then why would you go ahead and buy a C class sedan that you would see 100 of? I guess in New Jersey there are not many Coupes, but down here in San Francisco there dime a dozen.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:37 AM

Because the streets are a much nicer with more Mercs than Infiniti's.
You could have gotten a used Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder. That's a hardtop convertable.

Last edited by IwantA124; 03-29-2005 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:45 AM

06' CLS 500
I should of mentioned a 'new hard top convertible'. I don't agree with you but, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that. Infiniti's are great cars and so are MB's but, like I said before, for the same price I would pick an entry class Infiniti/Nissan with many options and accessories over an entry class MB with nothing any day.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:50 AM

It's squashed, but good argument.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:58 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mercedes S550
Talking

Hey, how did we get off topic? I think that instead of having a carpool lane, there should be a lane for cars with a MSRP of at least $100,000. Why should I be forced to drive behind a lowly C-class in my SL55? It just doesn't make any sense!

PS I am just kidding! (I used to drive a Chevette.)
Old 03-29-2005, 11:43 AM

'02 c230k coupe
i look down on those drivers who look down on me

we all have to look back from where we came from.

if you were born rich then you should understand others.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
I drive a C32, but I only look down at all the slow Benz's, and that is about 75% of them..
Old 03-29-2005, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Vader13
I drive a C32, but I only look down at all the slow Benz's, and that is about 75% of them..
OOOOOOOOOO You're a cool guy.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:20 AM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
well.... all I have is a C-class but it's an almost-fully-loaded (will be more-than-fully-loaded by the time I'm done with it ) 320 Sport and so at least I'm at the top of the line as far as non-AMG C's go. Also, I'd rather have it over an E or an S because it's so tiny. If I was going for a family car I'd probably get an E or an S if I could afford it... but I'm only 20 and haven't had a girlfriend in about a year and a half so I'm not seeing that in the near future. Also, when I got it I paid for it in cash so it's mine and not a financing company's. Oh yeah, did I mention it's a metallic PURPLE? Mhm. To me, the colour makes it worth more than a standard black CLKxxx. I get people in much more expensive cars checking me out and I know they're thinking "damn, where'd he get that!? I want one of THOSE!"

Now then, I do not look down on people with cheaper Benzes. Of course, there really aren't a lot of cheaper models but C 230's and 240's are quite common, as well as W202's. Even when I see some kid with a scruffy half-grown beard and unwashed hair go by in an oooooooooold Benz that's worth low 4-digits I find mself wanting to reach out and say "hey nice car, friend." Why? Because they could have spent that money on a newer Kia or something but, instead, they opted for a solid, well-engineered piece of machinery. To me, Mercedes isn't about the high price or the prestige. To me, Mercedes Benz is about cars that are just made right. Anyone that appreciates them the same way I like.

People with cheaper, poorly-designed and built cars I do not look down on either. I just don't understand why someone would buy something like a Civic unless they were planning on playing with the mechanics of it for fun. My former car was a '93 Honda Accord. It was my first car, my parents bought it for me, and I didn't really know much about cars... and I cared about about as much as I knew. However, I did know one thing- I wanted a BMW even if it meant a really really old one (couldnt imagine ever being able to afford a Mercedes of any kind). After I learned a but I about cars it quickly became obvious that even a brand new cheap car is still a cheap car.

Now then, there are some people that I do look down upon. There are even some that I can't help but to laugh at. There are people who buy Mercedes and then procede to gangsta it out. They will buy an 80's Mercedes, tint the windows pich-black, put a sub in it that you can hear from 2 miles away (and unplugging the tweeters and mid's 'cause who needs em, right?), and slap on some gold spinners. I cannot respect someone who defiles such a beautiful machine in such wretched ways. Heck, there are even people who will buy a new Mercedes and do that to it. The only difference is the ammount of money they have (the difference is probably whether they are selling weed or cocaine...) but they do the same thing to their car- disrespect it and turn it into a rolling exhibition of their self-proffessed greatness. It sickens me.

Of course, I occasionally come into contact with vehincles that compulse me to laugh out loud. Honestly, do you actually believe that putting spinners on your Escelade makes you look rich and important? Of course, then there's the superstreched-limo Escelade. Do you seriously plan on taking that thing SUV'ing? I'm sure you'll have a great time taking your boat to the lake with it and then off-roading through the park. When I see something like that I just have to let out a good guffaw and then do a krout fly-by
Old 03-31-2005, 11:01 AM

2004 E320, 2004 Lexus GX470
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
Now then, there are some people that I do look down upon. . .
Honestly, do you actually believe that putting spinners on your Escelade makes you look rich and important?
I look at how people personalize their cars as just being themselves. I'm not going degrade them just because their tastes are different than mine.

Btw, I smile a little whenever I see anyone with a Mercedes, no matter what the year or model.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK55 Cabriolet (DEAD: 1989 300E, 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible)
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
I have [...] a C-class but it's an almost-fully-loaded [...] 320 Sport and so at least I'm at the top of the line as far as non-AMG C's go. [...] I'm only 20 [...]. Also, when I got it I paid for it in cash [...]

There are even some that I can't help but to laugh at. [...] The only difference is the ammount [sic] of money they have (the difference is probably whether they are selling weed or cocaine...)
There's something funny about a 20-year-old who somehow has the money ($28,250 to most kids that age is the size of their college student loan debt, not their free cash on hand) to buy a C320 in cash (guess the lemonade stand's doing good business ) making comments about others "selling weed or cocaine"
Old 03-31-2005, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by topspin4hand
I look at how people personalize their cars as just being themselves. I'm not going degrade them just because their tastes are different than mine.

I guess I just see it as them trying to put on a show with the express intent of pretending they are richer / better than others.

Also, I forgot to mention ricers. I respect some ricers but not others. Problem is, you never know which they are. There are some ricers that do it for the fun of doing it. Those people are cool. But, there are some people that do it because they think it makes them better than others. Those people I like less. See a trend here with who I like and like less? :P
Old 03-31-2005, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd
There's something funny about a 20-year-old who somehow has the money ($28,250 to most kids that age is the size of their college student loan debt, not their free cash on hand) to buy a C320 in cash (guess the lemonade stand's doing good business ) making comments about others "selling weed or cocaine"

actually, with the options it has if you were to go order one it would cost you right around $44k. But, I got it used. It's an 01. And, at the price I paid I stole it.

How did I get the money? Some wise investments and keeping my living expenses to ~$800/mo.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:31 PM

Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 360 C.S.
i only look down on the people that drive their $50k and less car like it's a bentley....
you know what i mean... one hand on the steering wheel, tilted on the seat.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:21 AM

sold.
Cummon you guys.. everybody has to start somewhere.. not everyone was given their position in life.. Is it fine for us to laugh at someone in the projects for driving a cheaper mercedes? HELL NO! at least they have a car. That's probably a big accomplishment for them (This is NOT an insult to any members who've grown up in the projects.) If someone wants to ride around leaning back in their car like it's a bentley, let 'em. It's like all of us guys w/ small penises walkin' around like it's our third leg.. u know u do it! jk.. Anyways, all I'm sayin' is that just cuz we've been blessed w/ money, doesn't mean we have the right to look down and/or laugh at others who pimp their cars like it's worth 100G'z when it's barely worth 10. To them, it could be their biggest accomplishment. For those who look down on others, remember there's always something out there better than what you have. Just thought I'd put in my two cents.

btw, the only one's i laugh at are those idiots who put a 55 badge on their 320 or 500. That's whack.. That's like having a fake Gucci Wallet. I'd rather roll w/ a $3.00 Wal-Mart wallet than a fake Gucci (not that I do that, but still). I also laugh at those kids in their Hondas that try to race me in my 55 but I guess I would probably do that too if I was them. It just annoys me cuz so many try to do it.

PsssTkiD - I like your statement man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you look down on other benz owners with lower class?