Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Do you look down on other benz owners with lower class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by Rafi Jooma
not everyone was given their position in life.. Is it fine for us to laugh at someone in the projects for driving a cheaper mercedes?
LOLWTF? generally people living in the projects ride the bus, they don't usually own cars much less drive "cheap" Benzes unless they're up to no good.
I didn't think your post could get any funnier until i read this
Originally Posted by Rafi Jooma
It's like all of us guys w/ small penises walkin' around like it's our third leg.. u know u do it! jk.. Anyways
Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the market
I live in a state where a Benz is a Benz. Most of the folks here don't even know the difference between a C and an S. Fine by me!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:33 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
I live in a state where a Benz is a Benz. Most of the folks here don't even know the difference between a C and an S. Fine by me!
hey cool, you live in oklahoma too. well, actually I moved to dallas but my home town is Ardmore. I think there is a total of about 15 Benz's in Ardmore. Of course, the majority of them you never see because they're hidden in garages (there are two newer SL's though, not sure which model as I didnt see them myself) and you can go months without ever seeing a single Benz. Heck, the vast majority of the people there think that if you've RIDDEN in one you're high-class. I made my best-guy-friend's little sister very popular at school because she got to ride in it. It took about two seconds before the entire school was saying "Susi rode in a Mercedes!"

actually, you want to know something REALLY funny?

when I went to see a coupple of my friends one of them said "since when are you driving a BMW?"
Old 04-11-2005, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL-500 (mine), Ferrari Spider convertible (was Husbands, mine now!)
Makes sense to me that people look down on lesser models.....
Same reasoning how we look up to higher end models! :p
Old 04-11-2005, 06:08 PM
JDM

2011 C300
I appreciate any mercedes I see on the road, unless it has a fart can, and a 300 pound wing on the back of it..(then I feel sorry for the poor thing) Each manufacturer has a different legacy and build style. I most admire Germany for they're machinery and styling. Also, the nature of their country layout of their roads, weather conditions work ethic and so on... shape their products. I am crazy about cars, always have been. I feel I have good taste, so, for these reasons I chose my car for me to enjoy. Hope never to be judged by my car. You can, however judge me by my attitude, how I treat you, and how I drive. If I drive like a jerk, I deserve whatever judgement I get. somtimes I cant help myself though, I know it's contradictory, but when I see an echo, or one of those scion roller skates, and I get a dirty look from the driver, then I start thinking, "what were they thinking?" But they are not auto enthusiasts, they are gullible transportation buyers.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:57 PM

c43
any benz out there is cool in my book, unless its just crap, its a mercedes, make it look at least decent.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 PM

'09 CLK550 & 2012 E350
What I look down on are people who buy really nice cars but don't bother to take care of them. It kills me to see an S-class with the front wheels coated with brake dust or the guy who's ten pounds low on air in three of four tires.

To tell you the truth, the S-class sedans don't really do much for me. The one that really looks classic is the W124 chassis prior to the redesigned front grill. That model's styling is classic and easily recognizable. Nowadays every car looks like another. I guess when you use all the same wind tunnel test data, you wind up with the same car.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:55 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Originally Posted by Wadster
What I look down on are people who buy really nice cars but don't bother to take care of them. It kills me to see an S-class with the front wheels coated with brake dust or the guy who's ten pounds low on air in three of four tires.

To tell you the truth, the S-class sedans don't really do much for me. The one that really looks classic is the W124 chassis prior to the redesigned front grill. That model's styling is classic and easily recognizable. Nowadays every car looks like another. I guess when you use all the same wind tunnel test data, you wind up with the same car.
.. alot of manufacturers imulate eachother (especially lexus vs. MB)they all want a peice of that "euro" look, because it's so good. I agree areodynamics are the reason so many cars seem stuck in a "vanilla" form. I feel MB has always taken the lead in styling, however, and manage to maintain a sharply recognizable image, while blending the old with the new technologies, rather than jumping off the cliff with some radical new (GM) desighn hoping the parachute of public opinion will open. Germany has a history of making beautiful cars though, especially MB. Regarding those that would trash a nice car, this is very disfunctional, and probably doesnt stop at the car.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Originally Posted by Wadster
You'll love this: last time I was at the gas station I saw a guy putting regular (87 octane) into his E55.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by trench
You'll love this: last time I was at the gas station I saw a guy putting regular (87 octane) into his E55.

wha... that's CRAZY! Either it wasnt his or he was making a mistake... did you inform him that he had accidentally grabbed the wrong nozzle by mistake?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
wha... that's CRAZY! Either it wasnt his or he was making a mistake... did you inform him that he had accidentally grabbed the wrong nozzle by mistake?
No. He was one island over so it would have been weird to go up to him. Plus, I just figured he was (ironically) being cheap with the premium close to $3 a gallon.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by trench
No. He was one island over so it would have been weird to go up to him. Plus, I just figured he was (ironically) being cheap with the premium close to $3 a gallon.
meh, I still would have done it. I'd have been like "man, you're about to feed your car poison!"
Old 04-22-2005, 03:52 AM

87 300D
Yep no question about it, the new S-class cars and their drivers definitely have more snob-appeal that's why I purposely drive old Benzs, I wont buy a Benz until the snob appeal has worn off, I wouldn't want to be confused with snobs, and I get to buy them cheap after you suckers pay big, and too easily earned, $$$,$$$, as most of you are lazy MF'ers who believe the world is centered around you!

Last edited by RagTop; 04-22-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
...........the question posed here assumes that the more "higher class" MB's are better cars. I know many that prefer an E55 to an S55. For the S55 owner to look down on the person driving an E55 will then be a bit foolish. The CLK55 to many, is MB's overall best performer when factors such as conering are taken into account. Therfore, the CLk55 owner should be the one looking down on the CL55 owner for not being very bright in figuring this out. We on this forum drive cars that are by all accounts incredibly expensive and quite unneccessary. So looking up or down at another MB owner is a bit foolish. Finally, if you drive one of these "higher class" MB's and and as result are feeling superior, perharps you might become a bit humbled if you discovere what Bentley owners think MB owners. But of course, many MB owners can afford Bentley's but simply prefer MB. Therein lies the answer to the question. Also, a used 2003 S55 today sells for $80K. This is cheaper than "lower class" E55. OK..........Do new MB car owners look down on those Mb owners that bought their car used?

Ted
Old 04-22-2005, 09:33 PM

87 300D
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........the question posed here assumes that the more "higher class" MB's are better cars. I know many that prefer an E55 to an S55. For the S55 owner to look down on the person driving an E55 will then be a bit foolish. The CLK55 to many, is MB's overall best performer when factors such as conering are taken into account. Therefore, the CLk55 owner should be the one looking down on the CL55 owner for not being very bright in figuring this out. We on this forum drive cars that are by all accounts incredibly expensive and quite unnecessary. So looking up or down at another MB owner is a bit foolish. Finally, if you drive one of these "higher class" MB's and and as result are feeling superior, perhaps you might become a bit humbled if you discoverer what Bentley owners think MB owners. But of course, many MB owners can afford Bentley's but simply prefer MB. Therein lies the answer to the question. Also, a used 2003 S55 today sells for $80K. This is cheaper than "lower class" E55. OK..........Do new MB car owners look down on those Mb owners that bought their car used?

Ted
Incredibly sad.......................are you really worried? If you are, you are beyond the real world! Therefor, I have know more to say than ..Good luck and hope a different outlook on life will give you a more secure happiness!
Old 04-22-2005, 11:48 PM

2006 C55 AMG, 2000 C280 Sport, 2010 GLK350 4Matic
Nope

I never look down on other MB classes, cuz hey it tells me, these owners are Mercedes loyalists. Yea driving an S-Class is prestigous, but hey give some credit to those C-Class drivers, at least they didn't choose other brands. I just look down on all those lexus' owners, thinking they just bought the best piece of luxury..yes that brand may have higher quality marsk, but too bad all they had to do was improve on the originality of Mercedes take for example.
The lexus LS430 [aha the '430' designation] it looks so much like the S-Class doesnt it? Well what about the GS? doesnt it seem as if the four-eyed config came from the E-Class, since it does compete with it. Oh what about the lexus LF-X concept, its technologies seem to similar to the Merc F500 test vehicle, for example the plane like steering column, or the screen type guages.
So yea, i'd never look down on a lower Merc Class
Old 04-23-2005, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Incredibly sad.......................are you really worried? If you are, you are beyond the real world! Therefor, I have know more to say than ..Good luck and hope a different outlook on life will give you a more secure happiness!

...........did you understand my post?

Ted
Old 04-23-2005, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
...........I made the point that the entire class snobery among mercedes benz owners is foolish. Further I pointed out that the so called lower class car can be more capable and when you compare used vs new car costs, that the so called lower class car can be more expensive. Except of course if MB owners are are futher looking at each other and discriminating among new vs used car ownership. This I posed as a question to show how ridiculous it would be. I take it that you did not read the entire post to get the gist. I hope next time you refrain from throwing bombs until you have carefully surveyed the landscape.

Ted
Old 04-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Banned

your sister.
LOL!! You guys better not look down upon the 2.3-16v or i will personally slap you.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
This topic always reminds me of just how immature and materialistic some people are. So if you drive an S class, and you see a C class, then most likely, for what it's worth, your car cost more money. However, you should be careful if you start thinking that you're somehow better off than the person driving the lower model. It may be the most that they can afford, but it may not be. You may be surprised to find how many people don't need a car to define who they are.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:00 PM

I think people are confusing status with class. ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL...
The more expensive the car the higher the "PERCEIVED" status...
Perception is everything until you know the facts..
Old 04-25-2005, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by RagTop
Yep no question about it, the new S-class cars and their drivers definitely have more snob-appeal that's why I purposely drive old Benzs, I wont buy a Benz until the snob appeal has worn off, I wouldn't want to be confused with snobs, and I get to buy them cheap after you suckers pay big, and too easily earned, $$$,$$$, as most of you are lazy MF'ers who believe the world is centered around you!
WOW I bet you buy used panties to wear also, POSER.
This post may prove the point of low class owners.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by Natalie
This post may prove the point of low class owners.
Ha! I can't point you to some people that (claim) to own SL600s that act like asshats too. :p Perhaps your post helps proves RagTop's point.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
^Unbelievably well said!!!

Some foo driving an SL or whatever looks down on an E-class driver, then pulls into his rental apartment, now THAT'S laughable.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:22 PM

"Of course, there are Benzes ... and there are Benzes. Mr and Mrs Doing-very-nicely might settle for an upspecced E-Class and maybe a C- on the side. But those who live at the top of Society Heights are more likely to shop from a more exclusive catalogue. The richest recipe is the SL. Definitely one of the world's more exclusive open-top two-seater driving experiences; this car is opulence on wheels. It's the pinnacle of the Mercedes-Benz road-going fleet and a platinum-level status symbol...................msn"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you look down on other benz owners with lower class?