Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

1942 Mercedes Benz 770K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
referring to hitler as a someone to be looked up apon is a horrible thing to do.. how would u like it it hitler killed millions of ur faiths?
Old 02-28-2003, 03:51 PM

Lets see... before Hitler came, Germany was in a mess. No military, most of their industry in ruins, and the country itself was in staggering debt, that they could probably never repay. He took the nation, lifted up peoples spirits. He rebuilt Germany. He invaded other countrys. He conquers France, Poland, Sweden, a good deal of Africa. Creates a new type of attack, the blitzkrieg. Developes the best air force, developes the best armored force. Granted, his war did cause the destruction of Germany, but if it wasn't for WWII, it would've been a completely Communist state. You think Stalin wouldn't have invaded.

Dresden was an atrocity. The allies first dropped conventional bombs to expose the timbers of the city, then dropped firebombs to burn it to the ground.

Hitler saved Germany from becoming a satellite state. Do you think that if Stalin invaded it, he would've rebuilt it? I highly doubt it, seeing as what happened in most of the communist states.

As for the rest of your comments, obviously you didn't read Oggles post which read "Very bad examples. None of the ones mentioned were ever as big a monster as Hitler," when in fact, Stalin was far worse then Hitler.

Furthermore, personal insults are not necessary, and after reading your post, it seems that I either know far more about what happened in WWII and after it, or I'm much better at putting 2 and 2 together.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
.............Is the thread starter a representative of Renntech. If not, I wonder what Renntech(the company) will think about this.

Ted
Old 02-28-2003, 04:42 PM

2003 C32
Originally posted by androza
Lets see... before Hitler came, Germany was in a mess. No military, most of their industry in ruins, and the country itself was in staggering debt, that they could probably never repay. He took the nation, lifted up peoples spirits. He rebuilt Germany. He invaded other countrys. He conquers France, Poland, Sweden, a good deal of Africa. Creates a new type of attack, the blitzkrieg. Developes the best air force, developes the best armored force. Granted, his war did cause the destruction of Germany, but if it wasn't for WWII, it would've been a completely Communist state. You think Stalin wouldn't have invaded.
So the murder of 12,000,000 people and war casualties of 35,000,000 (I want you to stop and think about 47,000,000 dead. Let me put that in perspective. That is approximately the death toll if Spain and Switzerland were vaporized today. Both nations, completely destroyed.) are worthy of Germany not being a communist satellite nation, which is, by the way, your speculation. The notion that a nation could not escape its current debt structure by instantly defaulting on all current debt and starting anew is naive. And, to be perfectly honest with you, if a nation decides to rise up in armed conflict with other nations and gets absorbed by another as a result of its aggression, who cares?

I'm not going to go off into a communist discussion, as I'm going to keep the issue pointed squarely on your admiration of Hitler.

Dresden was an atrocity. The allies first dropped conventional bombs to expose the timbers of the city, then dropped firebombs to burn it to the ground.
There's no doubt it was horrible, exactly correct. Perhaps a nation that is bothered by the deaths of its civilians should not fling rockets and bombs "*****-nilly" into London, hmm? Two wrongs don't make a right, granted. But, remember this: War is composed largely of atrocities. Hitler planted the seeds of the war, and his people reaped them. Never forget who invaded where.

As for the rest of your comments, obviously you didn't read Oggles post which read "Very bad examples. None of the ones mentioned were ever as big a monster as Hitler," when in fact, Stalin was far worse then Hitler.
Gback and read my post. When I say that "Just because there are two people that kill 20 million does not excuse or lesson (my own sic) the one who killed twelve million", I'm specifically referring to the two "leaders mentioned." I'm not in disagreement with oggle; they are specifically saying that Hitler is THE definitive slimeball. My beef is with Renntech, Bilal, and yourself, as you are apologists for the **** regime. In fact, I went rather nice on Hitler, as every single death in the European theater can be directly attributed to him. That brings him to 47,000,000 casualties..hey, Adolf, congrats! You're the number one scumbag of all time!

Furthermore, personal insults are not necessary, and after reading your post, it seems that I either know far more about what happened in WWII and after it, or I'm much better at putting 2 and 2 together.
My apologies for the comment that you were regurgitating your facts/opinions (as for you, the two seem to have merged) onto the rest of us. I seem to have your bodily functions reversed.

Yes, you're a much better apologist than I am, I certainly agree. You've read one book that said "Hitler built a highway system and by the way, Germany would have been communist if not for him, so killing over 40 million people to keep THAT from happening is perfectly excusable. So, all-in-all, that's not bad."

Nice book; is it published in Fantasyland? Who wrote it, Joseph McCarthy with a foreword by Goebbels?

As for your two and two comment, you certainly have a loose grasp of numbers. I hope that the new ones I've introduced here perhaps "add up" in your head.

Again, the Marshall Plan and the actions of the Allies built up Germany again. People who give Hitler credit for building a national highway as some sort of humanitarian gesture are the same ones who would give Wilhelm respect for his national rail system.

Both were tools to war, and nothing else.

And for all the talk of Blitzkrieg, it was nothing new. Wow, numbers and cavalry (nee, armor) are strengths in a charge. That's deep military science there, Sun Tzu.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Androza, you sure know how to make a branch look like a forest. You haven't the foggiest idea of what a complete picture is all about.

It's funny how the **** apologists are quick to ignore anything related the the needless slaughter, rape, and torture of innocent Jewish civilians.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:00 AM

Im not apologizing for anything, I'm only saying that it can be argued that he was a saviour. I don't think he was good either however, this is an interesting topic.

"So the murder of 12,000,000 people and war casualties of 35,000,000 (I want you to stop and think about 47,000,000 dead. Let me put that in perspective. That is approximately the death toll if Spain and Switzerland were vaporized today. Both nations, completely destroyed.) are worthy of Germany not being a communist satellite nation, which is, by the way, your speculation. The notion that a nation could not escape its current debt structure by instantly defaulting on all current debt and starting anew is naive. And, to be perfectly honest with you, if a nation decides to rise up in armed conflict with other nations and gets absorbed by another as a result of its aggression, who cares?

I'm not going to go off into a communist discussion, as I'm going to keep the issue pointed squarely on your admiration of Hitler. "

I'm not saying it was worth it, I'm only saying that Hitler saved Germany. So he was a saviour. Not saying that 47M dead is worth saving Germany. Only argueing that technically, he saved Germany. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Point taken about Dresden.

"Gback and read my post. When I say that "Just because there are two people that kill 20 million does not excuse or lesson (my own sic) the one who killed twelve million", I'm specifically referring to the two "leaders mentioned." I'm not in disagreement with oggle; they are specifically saying that Hitler is THE definitive slimeball. My beef is with Renntech, Bilal, and yourself, as you are apologists for the **** regime. In fact, I went rather nice on Hitler, as every single death in the European theater can be directly attributed to him. That brings him to 47,000,000 casualties..hey, Adolf, congrats! You're the number one scumbag of all time! "

Once again, youre misinterpreting me. I'm just pointing out to Oggle that Stalin was fact a horrible person, as was Hitler. Im also not an apologist for the **** regimen, I'm just saying that he did in fact save Germany, either directly or indirectly, in both short and long term.

"My apologies for the comment that you were regurgitating your facts/opinions (as for you, the two seem to have merged) onto the rest of us. I seem to have your bodily functions reversed.

Yes, you're a much better apologist than I am, I certainly agree. You've read one book that said "Hitler built a highway system and by the way, Germany would have been communist if not for him, so killing over 40 million people to keep THAT from happening is perfectly excusable. So, all-in-all, that's not bad."

Nice book; is it published in Fantasyland? Who wrote it, Joseph McCarthy with a foreword by Goebbels?"

You should know that when argueing, it never does any good to say the other person knows any less, as it serves no purpose other then to make them mad. I did it to you too, and I apologize for it. So lets not do it again, as I think this could be an interesting conversation. Furthermore, you have never actually offered proof that he only built a railroad, especially when you take into account that he still took over a good chunk of the world, and probably would've held it too had he not completely invaded Britain.

"Again, the Marshall Plan and the actions of the Allies built up Germany again. People who give Hitler credit for building a national highway as some sort of humanitarian gesture are the same ones who would give Wilhelm respect for his national rail system. "
Yes, but the Marshall Plan probably never would've happened except for WWII, so indirectly West Germanys rebuilding was still caused by Hitler, since he was the entire cause of the war.

"And for all the talk of Blitzkrieg, it was nothing new. Wow, numbers and cavalry (nee, armor) are strengths in a charge. That's deep military science there, Sun Tzu."
Yes, but no one else was doing it.

Oggle, you were the one who said that Stalin wasn't even close to Hitler on the monster scale. Stalin killed something like 20 million of his own people, caused the Cold War, and his legacies still echoes around the world. You obviously have no idea what a complete picture is, so don't even call me on that.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:55 PM

2003 C32
Only argueing that technically, he saved Germany. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Bull*****. As it was stated earlier, if you build up a country for only a few years only to doom it earlier, you're not a saviour.

Furthermore, you have never actually offered proof that he only built a railroad, especially when you take into account that he still took over a good chunk of the world, and probably would've held it too had he not completely invaded Britain.
Make up your mind; in one post, you say that invading the Soviet Union was the mistake; now, you say attacking (he didn't invade, fyi) the United Kingdom was the root of his issues. Here's an idea you should ruminate on:

Hitler lost because of the theory of "sic semper tyrannis."

Yes, but the Marshall Plan probably never would've happened except for WWII, so indirectly West Germanys rebuilding was still caused by Hitler, since he was the entire cause of the war.
So the rebuilding of a land-hungry empire was worth 47,000,000 souls? Especially a nation that was barely 60 years old at the time of rising up? Thank God Hitler killed everyone, as it ended up saving Germany.

Do you actually believe the pus that is oozing from your brain? I'm sorry to go to insults, but facts escape you in such a certain way that only the basest of discourse is able to penetrate your skull.

Yes, but no one else was doing it.
What? Yeah, there are only an infinite number of examples of superior numerical forces winning in combat. In fact, the only real counterexample of this (in a European theater) would be the naval battles between Spain and England, where weather destroyed the Spanish Armada. You obviously don't understand the second World War or combat (or economics) in any sense in general.

Originally posted by androza You obviously have no idea what a complete picture is, so don't even call me on that.
Stop dressing up either a) your naivete or b) your hatred as intelligence. It's an insult to those of us with cerebral activity that extends above the cortex.

Read a second book, would you?
Old 03-01-2003, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Thumbs down

androza, again you have ignored the entire holocaust and chose to zoom in on selective microscopic things that hitler has helped accomplish. You haven't the foggiest idea of what objectivity nor what a complete picture is all about.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:26 PM

C240
Any apologists for Hitler should get the H*ll off this board, if they think there sick comments are going to be met with acceptance without being challenged they can go back to posting on their neo-**** or Jihad boards.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:39 PM

2000 Mercedes-Benz E320
Exclamation Formerly known as RENNtech

OK, for all of you who haven't seen this username before, i am formerly known as RENNtech. It seems that my name and signiture has made people think that i am affiliated with RENNtech Mercedes. The truth is i have no affiliation with them. hell, i don't even own any performance parts by them. It seems that someone filed a complaint to RENNtech Mercedes (copyrighted and all rights reserved), and they e-mailed the moderator of this board. So now the TOS has been modified, saying that you can't have a username like RENNtech or Brabus unless you are directly affiliated with them. Stuff like RENNtechE55 or BrabusC230 are ok. Again, just letting people know i have no affiliation with RENNtech Mercedes (Copyright, all rights reserved), and this post wasn't supposed to be about hitler, but about the splendid car he rode in. Long live the three-pointed star!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally posted by oggle
May i present to you with the man, the savior, and the role model who rode in this memorable car: Adolf Hitler

It's HIS opinion of Hitler... Like I said, get over it people..
This is a free country, and if a man wants to think, and express that a murderer was "the man", or a "role model" then so be it...

Someone's opinion does not equal the truth.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:34 PM

2003 C32
Originally posted by Mr. Xristo
This is a free country, and if a man wants to think, and express that a murderer was "the man", or a "role model" then so be it...
As soon as "thought" produces an opinion that Hitler was a role model, please let me know.

The way I see it, that's not really brain function at all.

And besides, what of people calling him out on it? There is no guarantee anywhere just because you state an opinion, you therefore cannot be derided and mocked for it by the general public. Besides, this is Hitler we're talking about, not a city statute on whether to make jaywalking illegal. It's kind of an emotional issue.

Genocide is funny that way.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally posted by Mr. Xristo

Someone's opinion does not equal the truth.
This freedom isn't just the **** wannabes. People can make any asinine remark they want. Just be ready to be put down when you do.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally posted by oggle
People can make any asinine remark they want. Just be ready to be put down when you do.
Exactly...