Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

1942 Mercedes Benz 770K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes-Benz E320
Thumbs up 1942 Mercedes Benz 770K (Hitler's Car)

May i present to you with the man, the savior, and the role model who rode in this memorable car: Adolf Hitler. Yes, Hitler's Mercedes lives on in the memories of all Mercedes engineers and designer, taking inspiration from the indestructable and beautiful piece of work that the world's most beloved Fuehrer rode in. Hitler was a connoisseur in his choice of automobile models, which is a choice that the Bavarians have loathed for decades.

Picture 1/4

Last edited by 190E; 02-27-2003 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:00 PM

2000 Mercedes-Benz E320
Thumbs up 1942 Mercedes Benz 770K

Picture 2/4
Old 02-26-2003, 08:00 PM

2000 Mercedes-Benz E320
Thumbs up 1942 Mercedes Benz 770K

Picture 3/4
Old 02-26-2003, 08:01 PM

2000 Mercedes-Benz E320
1942 Mercedes Benz 770K

Picture 4/4
Old 02-27-2003, 09:41 AM

01, Blk/Blk S500
This is absolutely one of the most tasteless threads I have seen on this Board. You should be banned from MB World.

Nick--
Old 02-27-2003, 10:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Well, I don't find that comment tasteless or insulting, I'd like to find out it that comment is true to Mecedes Engineers.

After all if it wan't for Hitler, there probably wouldn't be an Autobahn in Germany
Old 02-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Bilal

Nick, you Jewish>?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:28 PM

01, Blk/Blk S500
Bilal,

No, I am not Jewish. Far from. You Muslim?

Nick--
Old 02-27-2003, 12:44 PM
Bilal

Yes I am,

What religion are you then?
Old 02-27-2003, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
These are pictures of a rather odd model of Hitler's car made by Minichamps; they also make a rather tastless model of JF Kennedy's last ride as well.

During the war, MB built the engines for the Tiger tanks. The factory was completely destroyed in the latter stages of the war.

- BT
Old 02-27-2003, 01:13 PM

BMW 535d Touring
Sick thread and sick comments. Bilal, for goodness sake, you should know better.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:37 PM

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts
Tasteless... But then again the world is full of jealousy and hatred... and Bilal and Renntech just examplify this. It would be the same as if I showed a picture of Jewish babies being burned by the bombs of the Palastinian terrorist scum and the caption would be " look at this beuatifull hand made bomb, made by the best craftsmen of the headscarfed brigades..." tasteless...
Old 02-27-2003, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Get over it people.

The post was speaking of a vehicle, and not condoning the actions of Hitler.

Hitler did what he did, as did other people who have, and continue to do: Stalin, Castro, Jiang Zemin, KIM Young-nam, to name a few.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
Originally posted by Nick
This is absolutely one of the most tasteless threads I have seen on this Board. You should be banned from MB World.

Nick--
Why ban Renntech.. Nick? It's just a tasteless post. We see do see disturbing posts on MB Forum on a daily basis and no one bans them. I agree, this was done in very bad taste..but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Bilal

Well have it your own way, idiots can't accept opinions, it is the same case everywhere you go.

Hitler may have done bad things, but from Germany's point of view he was a great man, he built the Autobahn, restructured the economy and built Germany all over again, to whatever it may become in the 40's, but no denying it, he would have made Germany a hugely industrial nation if it wasn't for his evil plans and acts.

I don't understand why this car is tasteless, its a car model. How offensive can it be?

jealousy and hatred my a$$, go fock off.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:40 PM

"Tasteless... But then again the world is full of jealousy and hatred... and Bilal and Renntech just examplify this. It would be the same as if I showed a picture of Jewish babies being burned by the bombs of the Palastinian terrorist scum and the caption would be " look at this beuatifull hand made bomb, made by the best craftsmen of the headscarfed brigades..." tasteless..."

No, thats a horrible analogy. The correct analogy would be showing a hand grenade in the hands of a terrorist, which is far different then the picture you portray.

Personally, I think the car is gorgeous. The fact that its so engrained in history makes it even more interesting. Sickening time period, but if you ignore the Holocaust for a second, the **** regimen is fascinating, in how it worked, its technology, and its intrigue.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:24 PM

2003 C32
Originally posted by Mr. Xristo
Get over it people.

Except for the part where the post calls him a "savior (sic) and role model", right?

Reading. It's Fundamental.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Bilal

At least someone agrees with me, androza

If you have read European history 1850 and up to the present day, you will never find a more fascinating and diverse story, forget books, this is the best book out there, and if you know and understand it, you have to admit, it is extremely fascinating.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Get over it people.

Hitler did what he did, as did other people who have, and continue to do: Stalin, Castro, Jiang Zemin, KIM Young-nam, to name a few.
Very bad examples. None of the ones mentioned were ever as big a monster as Hitler.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Bilal

Well, did u know that Castro castrated a canadian cop coincidentally concieving a concussion.?

you gotta love alliteration.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Get over it people.

Quote:
May i present to you with the man, the savior, and the role model who rode in this memorable car: Adolf Hitler

Old 02-27-2003, 06:35 PM

Technically he was all those things, except possibly role model. He was a man, he saved Germany. It can even be argued he is in fact a role model, since he did take a crippled country and convert it into an amazing state that managed to conquer most of Europe and Africa.

And Stalin was in fact a horrible monster, possibly worse then Hitler. And there are other world leaders that were just as bad. What about the Pnom Penh person, thats not how you spell it but its close. The leader of the Khmer Rouge, one of the bloodiest, most despotic regimens to ever exist. It systematically starved and executed a huge part of its population.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Almost a Member!

1991 300E
It's all about point of view:

The US Put the Japanese in interment (sp?) camps during WW2, and what kind of prejudices do you think we are putting on middle-easterners right now? How do you think the Middle-East views George Bush?

Germans thought hitler (aside from the war) was one of the most successful leaders of all time.

This is the same thing as selling a Mercedes with George Bush in it, we are bombing iraq DAILY probably killing innocent civilians just for OIL!

I am in no way trying to right Hitler's wrongs. He was a very evil person but the thing is, the world is full of them. Just because the US is one of the greatest nations in the world currently, doesn't mean we have the greatest leader
Old 02-27-2003, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Sure and the holocaust didn't happen right? Can't believe some of you are actually making Hitler look like Robinhood and turning other leaders into devils.

Is this board now trolled by **** wannabes now?
Old 02-28-2003, 08:09 AM

2003 C32
Originally posted by androza
Technically he was all those things, except possibly role model. He was a man, he saved Germany. It can even be argued he is in fact a role model, since he did take a crippled country and convert it into an amazing state that managed to conquer most of Europe and Africa.
How exactly is he a saviour? He builds a highway and gears a nation up for war on a huge scale, pumping tons of government funds into the accounts of any industrial company, and he's a saviour? He built the highway to move resources and materiel for his army, not because of some grand idea of the people of Germany motoring along as an ultimate goal. He wanted every German to have a car because he and Henry Ford were kindred spirits at the time, and he liked the idea of Ford's Model T, an "everyman's car."

Oh, and then his military actions gets his country bombed for 18 months into the damned bronze age . Some saviour; Dresden loses (I believe) 250,000 residents due to Allied bombing. Hey, if that's your saviour, I'll stick to being d@mned.

News flash: Hitler didn't rebuild Germany; the Marshall Plan and the actions of the Allies did.

And Stalin was in fact a horrible monster, possibly worse then Hitler. And there are other world leaders that were just as bad. What about the Pnom Penh person, thats not how you spell it but its close. The leader of the Khmer Rouge, one of the bloodiest, most despotic regimens to ever exist. It systematically starved and executed a huge part of its population.
Just because there are two individuals that are responsible for the deaths of 20 million does not excuse or lesson the one who killed 12 million.

The whole genocide thing? Yeah, that's not a good list to be in the Top 5 on, period.

Are these your opinions, or are you reading this somewhere and regurgitating it up onto the rest of us?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1942 Mercedes Benz 770K