Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Banned at Club Lexus!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Old 02-13-2004, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

thanks gekko for the sales numbers.

the S class's sales are still strong.
keep in mind that it is quite a bit more
expensive than an LS430 and also it has
never had an exterior refreshing.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They redesign the Ls430 twice every year.... and its still fugly.... For the amount of features they put in that car ... for that price .. I cant front its a good deal but its missing the one thing every lexus vehicle is, a soul...
Old 02-14-2004, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
I am also a member at Club Lexus because I also own a Lexus. I can understand that they dont want flame wars starting because whats the point? You all know the stats for one car versus the other, does it really need to be debated? Flame wars like this almost always turn into whose car is better, then who sells more, then because we all own expensive cars, it turns into what model we have, how much we make, where we work, how old we are, etc. in order to win the argument. It is pointless. We own, along with Lexus and BMW, the best cars there are...we are pretty much in the top 1% of the population in terms of the cars we own. I think it just gets old after while and always turns into personal attacks.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by mjr24
we are pretty much in the top 1% of the population in terms of the cars we own.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HAH, you think mercedes, lexus and bmw drivers are in the top 1% of the best car owners? Try Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley,Lambo, Aston Martin.... Not trying to be snobby but Mercedes would go closer up on that list wayyyyyyyyyyyyy before lexus.....
Old 02-16-2004, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M6 Gran Coupe
Eh...Ill take a Mercedes over a Porsche anyday of the week.
Personally I think Lexus is higher than BMW.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by mjr24
Eh...Ill take a Mercedes over a Porsche anyday of the week.
Personally I think Lexus is higher than BMW.
I agree with your first statement
Dont know about the last.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 Lexus ES 330 NAV/ML
>"we are pretty much in the top 1% of the population in terms of the cars we own. "

The only things that you should be proud in terms of being "in the top 1%" is income and net worth - not the car you drive, wannabe.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:01 AM

Lexus GS 450h
Technically J Lucas:
since Benz has been selling cars for so long (what 100 years) and Lexus is what 14 years old
and take into account Benz has been sold world-wide for at least 50 years and Lexus only maybe 5 or so and take
and take into account Benz's much larger product line to Lexus

conclusion Lexus is a much rarer car than a Benz.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:59 AM

ML350 '06
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Technically J Lucas:
since Benz has been selling cars for so long (what 100 years) and Lexus is what 14 years old
and take into account Benz has been sold world-wide for at least 50 years and Lexus only maybe 5 or so and take

Ahhh, 1SICKLEX! Who let you back in this forum? Anyway it's good to see ya again! Whatcha been up to you ya ole Jackass!

Anyway, I saw what ya wrote and had to jump in! Let's see here..."Lexus is much rarer car than a Benz" - and this is your conclusion? So is this something you are proud of? The reason I ask is b/c I don't see many Pintos out on the road, which would make it a pretty "rare" car I guess...but I wouldn't go around bragging about this. Ya get what I'm tryin' to say here, jackass!

So take your whinning lil', Lexus lovin' ARSS back over to ClubLexus land and brag to them about the Lexus rarities now a days.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First off 1sicklex:

If your going to use heritage names like that, then make sure you use the right comparison's such as : Mercedes to Toyota not lexus. LEXUS is just the marketing name they started to use in the USA as of 15 years ago. IT IS NOT A NEW COMPANY..... 2nd what was your point again? Hyundai has a smaller product line which makes them rarer than both Mercedes and Toyota?Conclusion. Hyundai is a rarer car. WTF was your point again?
Technically J Lucas:

Last edited by J Lucas; 02-18-2004 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:46 PM

2005 SLK350
i got tired of reading this "debate" a little after the "im going to havard" post

i dunno if it's just me, but i thought J P was making some valid points.

and like one guy explained to him, he seemed to be talking to deaf ears... which is sad, because people with that kind of attitude will be caught with their pants down someday.

simple conclusions like "lexus owners feel their cars are lacking" or any variant of that sort are so disappointing. it sounds more like a defense mechanism. lexus owners are happy with what they drive (well the mature ones at least), yet some posters just attack them. yes this is a benz forum, but that doesn't mean anything significant.

and the dude who's going to harvard, good you got into harvard, but it doesnt matter, what matters is how you do there. i know some hotshot highschool kids that never made it big in college while some other kids did. as for me, harvard was (and still for the most part is) a walk in the park. most ppl dont go to harvard to study, they go to harvard go get the easy grades and the reputation and the enormous alumni connection.

i still have friends that go to harvard, and my sister went there for her undergrad and now she's at yale grad school on full scholarship. from my experience, mit and yale definitely work their students up the *** (yale=lots of reading while mit=lots of hw), while most harvard kids have way too much time on their hands. and no i'm not a disgruntled harvard reject never applied there because their engineering sucks and their liberal arts are mostly overrated. although i did get rejected from stanford (there are a lot of students at mit that really wanted to go to stanford but never got in)

but i'm going off topic. the general feel i got from this whole thread (well at least up to where i read) is that some ppl are unwilling to listen to anything someone else says, and that makes me sad.

i may bash lexus from time to time, but i still respect the damn brand. calling other people less intelligent or whatever for choosing lexus is just absurd. simple conclusions like that make the poster seem ignorant and uneducated. we should be happy about each others purchases, not bash each other. (damn i sound like a christian freak - not that i am or have anything against them)

you can beat facts and numbers all day long, but it's all up to the buyers judgement. calling his choice bad when you don't even know the person personally is just ridiculous.

not that i give a damn about those ppl, just find it irritating to know that those people can drive a benz

flame on, but i know i'm right

on a lighter note, i saw a riced out honda accord STATIONWAGON near mit today. wtf is the owner of that car smoking?

Last edited by evanichka; 02-18-2004 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:58 PM

Lexus GS 450h
HAH, you think mercedes, lexus and bmw drivers are in the top 1% of the best car owners? Try Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley,Lambo, Aston Martin.... Not trying to be snobby but Mercedes would go closer up on that list wayyyyyyyyyyyyy before lexus.....
Hey, you 2 turds (J Lucas/Nickerz) if you'd take Mr. Benz's ***** outta your butts for 2 seconds, you would realize that technically, if there are fewer of one item sold, it is RARER. No matter pearls, peaunuts or cars. It was not a BLOW to Benz for goodness sakes. It was not a jab. It was a reply to what J Lucas said. While you 2 just state your opinions and spew your ignorant hatred towards Lexus, some of us are trying to have an intelligent conversation here.
i may bash lexus from time to time, but i still respect the damn brand. calling other people less intelligent or whatever for choosing lexus is just absurd. simple conclusions like that make the poster seem ignorant and uneducated. we should be happy about each others purchases, not bash each other. (damn i sound like a christian freak - not that i am or have anything against them)
Thank you. I agree. I respect the hell outta Merceds Benz. I am here to clarify mis-information and explain from a Lexus owner's side of things.
If your going to use heritage names like that, then make sure you use the right comparison's such as : Mercedes to Toyota not lexus
Turd for brains, who the hell compares Toyota and Benz. It's Lexus vs Benz.
LEXUS is just the marketing name they started to use in the USA as of 15 years ago. IT IS NOT A NEW COMPANY.....
You clearly never worked before with this ignorant statement.
2nd what was your point again? Hyundai has a smaller product line which makes them rarer than both Mercedes and Toyota?Conclusion. Hyundai is a rarer car. WTF was your point again?
Technically if there are (an example turd for brains):
1 million Benzes
800,000 Lexus
400,000 Hyundai

Then though Hyundai is cheaper, it is RARER since there are less of them.
To make it easier for you (since you lack simple logic):
3 sticks of blue gum
2 sticks of red gum
1 stick of black gum
The black gum is rarer than the red and blue sticks of gum. Period.
Let's see here..."Lexus is much rarer car than a Benz" - and this is your conclusion? So is this something you are proud of? The reason I ask is b/c I don't see many Pintos out on the road, which would make it a pretty "rare" car I guess...but I wouldn't go around bragging about this. Ya get what I'm tryin' to say here, jackass!
If your I.Q was higher than mailbox, I'd be mad. But since your so slow, you MISSED my whole argument.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:49 AM

ML350 '06
Hey, you 2 turds (J Lucas/Nickerz)

...To make it easier for you (since you lack simple logic):
3 sticks of blue gum
2 sticks of red gum
1 stick of black gum
The black gum is rarer than the red and blue sticks of gum. Period.

If your I.Q was higher than mailbox, I'd be mad. But since your so slow, you MISSED my whole argument.

LOL! Not if part or all of the other sticks of gum were chewed! Then which one is more rare? Ahhh HAAA! Now we're getting somewhere! HAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! Perception my friend, perception!

1SICKLEX...juuuuust shaaaat up!

Can you even tell me what IQ stands for? Without looking it up on the internet right now! I bet you don't even know nor the formula for what makes up ones IQ. Again, shaaaaaaat uuuup!

PS run that one by the guys/gals at MIT and Yale!
Old 02-19-2004, 12:54 AM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
someone please close this thread...
Old 02-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Guest0001

Last edited by Guest0001; 02-19-2004 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:21 AM

2004 SL55 AMG
WOW, suddenly I visit this thread and see 25pgs? of what? personal defensive mechanisms at work. LOL.

Take it easy everyone. Lexus and MErcedes each have their own audiences and buyers. I own a Lexus and a Mercedes currently and both have their merits. I wouldn't trade one for the other for the purposes they suit. Ironically, the other day I was thinking that for the price of an SL55 AMG I could have purchased an loaded LX430 and an SC430, but then again, Why? For the novelty of it or to own what I really want? It's always hard to justify your purchase decision in front of others that choose otherwise, hence there are different forums where owners can identify best with each other's personalities, priorities, and choices in life. 2 may be better than one, but which choice would you enjoy more?

Take care all..........
Old 02-19-2004, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Exclamation evanichka, you have the wrong attitude

Originally posted by evanichka

but i'm going off topic. the general feel i got from this whole thread (well at least up to where i read) is that some ppl are unwilling to listen to anything someone else says, and that makes me sad.
Please don't be sad, I personally find the thread very entertaining!

You must understand the Lexus fans actually do not expect anyone to listen to them seriously here. They only come here to type to make themselves feel better about their Lexus purchases.

Cheer up and let the fun continue…

Yes, Lexus owners are closet MB lovers and that’s why they’re here! Yes, Lexus owners hanging out on MB boards are freaks trying to convince happy MB owners to hate their cars! Yes, Lexus owners are sick collecting MB problems for their own enjoyment. Yes, Lexus owners deserved to be ridiculed!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:51 AM

2005 SLK350
Originally posted by Nickerz
PS run that one by the guys/gals at MIT and Yale!
intelligent quotient or intelligence quotient or something like that... bah minor details. i dunno how the formula itself works, all i know is that they ask you some weird questions and scale the score by how old you are.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:13 PM

ML350 '06
Re: evanichka, you have the wrong attitude

Originally posted by W210
Please don't be sad, I personally find the thread very entertaining!

You must understand the Lexus fans actually do not expect anyone to listen to them seriously here. They only come here to type to make themselves feel better about their Lexus purchases.

Cheer up and let the fun continue…

Yes, Lexus owners are closet MB lovers and that’s why they’re here! Yes, Lexus owners hanging out on MB boards are freaks trying to convince happy MB owners to hate their cars! Yes, Lexus owners are sick collecting MB problems for their own enjoyment. Yes, Lexus owners deserved to be ridiculed!
Amen to that W210! LOL!

This thread is awesome! It's gonna hit 50 pages soon! Yeah! Keep it goin' keep it goin'
Old 02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 Lexus ES 330 NAV/ML
"I've been in this business since '69 - most of these Harvard MBA types - they don't add up to dog shiit. Give me guys that are poor, smart, and hungry - and no feelings - you win a few, you lose a few, but you keep on fighting. And if you need a friend - get a dog. It's trench warfare out there, pal."
Old 02-19-2004, 07:28 PM

2004 E500
Originally posted by Gekko
"I've been in this business since '69 - most of these Harvard MBA types - they don't add up to dog shiit. Give me guys that are poor, smart, and hungry - and no feelings - you win a few, you lose a few, but you keep on fighting. And if you need a friend - get a dog. It's trench warfare out there, pal."
Yup, and "‘It’s all about bucks - the rest is conversation"...
Old 02-20-2004, 02:00 AM

ML350 '06
Yep!

I'd take Attitude over Aptitude anyday!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M6 Gran Coupe
Angry

The only things that you should be proud in terms of being "in the top 1%" is income and net worth - not the car you drive, wannabe.
by Gekko.

Wannabe? This is exactly what I mean, people like this come up and start talking for what reason, I made a simple point. I simply stated ours cars are better than 99% of the other cars, if I wanted to talk about about "income and net worth" I would have mentioned I paid 70k cash for my CL, which took about 4 months to gather up...think before you speak wiseguy. Its funny you talk about those Harvard MBA types when they are most of the ones in the top 1% of "income and net worth."
Old 02-20-2004, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M6 Gran Coupe
Oh gee I apologize....I didnt realize Gekko had a 2004 ES330, and even being a Lexus owner too that is a hideous car. Wannabe? Nothing screams wannabe more than an ES or 3 series BMW.....you just want to be able to say you own a Lexus. I have to say the ES are just hideous.....that and the GX...ES up to 2002 were nice, clean looking. 2002-04 ES....Toyota Camry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Quick Reply: Banned at Club Lexus!!!