Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Banned at Club Lexus!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Old 01-28-2004, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

i spent some time reading posts in the "car chat forum" over at Club Lexus this afternoon. there was an interesting discussion on the virtures of Acura vs the other luxury makes. it was a pretty good read. it was interesting to see the CL members debate with a brand that they believe is not the equal of Lexus. a lot in many ways like this thread. 1sicklex(moderator @CL, MBworld member) did a very good job keeping the focus where it needed to be...on cars. here is the link......

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...hreadid=107193

also....i didn't check every forum but this thread aside from the main topic thread seems to have the most views and posts. we are passionate about are cars aren't we
Old 01-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thing is though, not enough people know of Acura's cars. Isn't the RL the flagship? We all know that can't compete with the S-Class and if it can't compete with that no use in trying to compare it to the LS430
Old 01-28-2004, 11:20 PM

Re: 1992 Camry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GTIDAN
[B]
Originally posted by lig
It's been a fantastic automobile. Are you so hung up on badges that this matters to you?

The interior is nicer - the drivetrain is mostly the same. The basic chassis is built on the same platform but suspension components are tuned differently.

I really don't understand why some of the more ignorant members of this board constantly attack Lexus.

I SINCERELY hope your 92 Lexus is better then MY 92 Camry LS which was purchased NEW in April 1992.

With only 86,000 on the car I've had to replace all the struts, Replace the motor mounts, replace the rotors, reinstall the exhaust before it fell off and replace both front half shafts. The body creaks and moans over bumps. The tranny's shift up to 4th gear is a thump and even worse than the Honda which I thought was the worse of all the cars I've owned.

The car has received normal care meaning the oil is changed by the book as is the tranny fluid, etc.

The car is my work car as I let the wife drive the Benz to hold down the miles. I drive it five days a week and the only good thing I can say about it is it starts every morning......enough said.
Your Camry is fine. Remember, it is a 12 year old car with 86K miles!

Struts, strut mounts, and half shaft replacements are routine on any car that's endured such wear and tear.

And to echo lig, I also have an ES300 with 111,000 miles and she's been flawless!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:32 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hi vraa,

i had a 99 and 00 RL. both were nice cars but not enough get up and go. that's when i jumped to the german brands and purchased a 00 E430 sport. there is nothing like a rear wheel drive V8.

one thing that the pro Acura posters didn't do is total up the amount of cars Acura sells in the $30G-40G range and compare it to how many Lexus sells in that same price range. i could be wrong but isn't that where both brands get the bulk of their sales?
Old 01-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by GTIDAN

With only 86,000 on the car I've had to replace all the struts, Replace the motor mounts, replace the rotors, reinstall the exhaust before it fell off and replace both front half shafts. The body creaks and moans over bumps. The tranny's shift up to 4th gear is a thump and even worse than the Honda which I thought was the worse of all the cars I've owned.
Sounds like what I've experienced with my E320. Only thing is, I've had worse before it hit 20k...
Old 01-29-2004, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic

Originally posted by GTIDAN
I SINCERELY hope your 92 Lexus is better then MY 92 Camry LS which was purchased NEW in April 1992.

Wow pretty scary!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:24 PM

Re: Re: 1992 Camry

Originally posted by W210
Wow pretty scary!
LOL, if that's scary then what is MB reliability to....oh nevermind, I'll just let this senseless topic rest.

Last edited by XenonES3; 01-29-2004 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Not routine for MB to rattle and creak

Originally posted by XenonES3
As it was already stated; this is routine buddy, not scary.
I'm not used to the body creaking and moaning over bumps, that's the exact problem we're trying to resolve in a 2002 Honda Odyssey. Extremely annoying.

Struts and parts you can replace, but the rattles and creaking are not as easy to trouble shoot.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:38 PM

Re: Not routine for MB to rattle and creak

Originally posted by W210
I'm not used to the body creaking and moaning over bumps, that's the exact problem we're trying to resolve in a 2002 Honda Odyssey. Extremely annoying.

Struts and parts you can replace, but the rattles and creaking are not as easy to trouble shoot.
I agree with you, the creaking is bad. However, I highly doubt cars "creak" these days, particulary not a Toyota.

GTIDAN, you better have your car thoroughly checked by the dealership, because your case is very unusual.

Our '93 Caravan (from back in the day- total POS, but I digress) had serious rattling EVERYWHERE, and had "creaking" due to the weak leaf spring suspension. The dealer replaced the springs and all was well-for the few more months it lasted before the transmission gave way.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Guest0001

I have a 94 Toyota 4Runner Beater and I also had a 98 camry. Although both of these cars have had no problems whatsoever, as years pass by you can feel the squeaks and rattles like the cars is starting to fall apart and its age is showing. I still Commute with my 4Runner and its not the most pleasant car to drive but it gets the job done. I dont expect much from Toyota anyway. This seems common for most japanese cars. My friends 6 year old Acura is the same.

This wont happen on a German car, and is pretty rare. It might have some reliability annoyances but 5-10 years down the line the German car would stay as rock solid as the day that it is purchased. Same rock solid feel that makes you fall in love with the German engineering.

Last edited by Guest0001; 01-29-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:46 AM

Lexus GS 450h
1sicklex(moderator @CL, MBworld member) did a very good job keeping the focus where it needed to be...on cars.
Well thanks. It's clear to me just comparing the 3 companies Benz>Lexus>Acura. Western Logic dictating then Benz>Acura. No brainer here. But while Lexus has won many accolades and respect world-wide and is choosing to go head to head with the big boyz (BMW, Benz), Acura has really fallen behind since the Legend and opts for niches. Nothing wrong with that but IMO, it's funny to hear a TSX owner (a 25k car) state why Acura is the best thing since the microwave and argue this "value" crap.

VALUE has no place in LUXURY. Luxury is about sweet excess. Benz has more of this period.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Great, thank you Lexus mod, you just killed my entire arugement!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Guest0001

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
VALUE has no place in LUXURY. Luxury is about sweet excess. Benz has more of this period.
Umm. You have just proved to us that the Lexus is not Luxury, Since there strenghts are Value and Reliability. None of which have to do with Luxury
Old 02-01-2004, 09:00 PM
F50

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
J P your are talking to walls and deaf ears.
I agree.

I'm a fan of both Lexus and MB. I enjoy what both have to offer and can acknowledge the pros and cons of each. Although I can understand why debates such as these occur, as can anyone, I find more pleasure in immersing myself in the wide range of great products that I can choose from rather than in bickering over which is "better." This is coming from a die-hard Lexus enthusiast.

Last edited by F50; 02-01-2004 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:24 AM

ML350 '06
S55PA,

I am in full support! I agree! I read your post that they still have there and it seems that they are overreacting to an extreme.

There's this thing called, brain-washing. Just reading some of the threads there sounds like they wish to live in a sheltered world where no wrong can done or said about Lexus.

I for one think Lexus is a quality automobile. It really is. But why do people get bent out of shape if someone has a different opinion? To me that sounds a little unstable. Not really confident I guess.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:36 PM

ML350 '06
PA55,
Got your PM!

I went ahead and tested this out so I signed up last night @ clublexus and started talking. I was a little more bold and here's what I managed to do in just an hour or so when this guy was bragging about "romping" BMW's w/his IS300.

HERE'S WHAT LEXUS SAID...
Originally posted by flipside909
The 330i may inch out the IS300 in a 0-60 or 1/4 run but it will romp on a 325i manual or auto anyday.

AND HERE'S WHAT I SAID ABOUT IT...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Nickerz

Hmmm?

Define "romp" b/c the last time I checked, the 325i and IS300 does 0-60 (manual) exact same times...7.0sec. Not really much "rompin" goin' on there now is there.?

Hell...a damn Honda Accord is faster! And faster in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Damn, I'm on a roll...let's see what other cars that would "romp" ya...

Mazda 6
Grand Prix
Jetta GLX for cryin' out loud and the list goes on. I haven't even started with the Acura line up.

BTW:
MY sig in the Lexus forum said: "I like Lexus...I really do...buuuuuut I just like Mercedes Benz better!"

Last edited by Nickerz; 02-08-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:49 PM

ML350 '06
Now this time, I know I went over board but I couldn't resist...

Here is what the moderator really said...

Originally posted by O. L. T.
speaking of "romping"........... I have noticed every single post of yours has had this weak little disclaimer to it "oh i like lexus" just so you can further bash on it in the rest of the post. Your attitude in these forums needs to change or you won't make it to a 15 post count.

Your weak one line "i like Lexus" comments are just so you can continue to bash them and your strife you spread will only get you a ticket to ride out of here. If i take your Lexus comment out of your post, which is only one weak line, i get a troll of posts.

Clean up the attitude. One of our forum rules is NO STRIFE. I don't care if your discussing Lexus in the forums or flapjacks in the clubhouse. You have managed in 7 posts to already catch the attention of the mods and administration which, if you will review previous persons who did that, weren't around to celebrate after they refused to stop.

We want constructive opinions and debates from true enthusiasts who are here to understand, learn, or just discuss without jabbing everytime you post. your "Jabs" easily show through your intentions for being here. Clean it up.

HERE'S MY REPLY TO THE POST...OK, I SHORTENED WHAT HE SAID A LITTLE...

Originally posted by O. L. T.

speaking of "romping"........... I have noticed every single post of yours has had NO STRIFE. I care if your discussing flapjacks in the clubhouse. You have managed 7 constructive opinions and true enthusiasts who understand, learn, or just discuss without jabbing everytime thanks for being here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awe...your welcome mister moderator!

Any time!

In fact, I love it when I can talk specs about a car, even though it may not always be in favor of the Lexus lineup without people crying and getting all bent out of shape over it. I speak of only the facts when I talk about other cars times and performance.

PS Can you tell me what it means to take something out of context? I hear that a lot. ???

Last edited by Nickerz; 02-08-2004 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So basically at club lexus their moderators have a policy of censorship? Either jump on the lexux bandwagon or be banned?

Does anyone sense Big Brother???

Last edited by J Lucas; 02-08-2004 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:25 PM

ML350 '06
I'm Banned now...

Yep, I can no longer visit clublexus either. Didn't take long. That was a fun test though.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:29 PM

ML350 '06
Originally posted by J Lucas
So basically at club lexus their moderators have a policy of sensorship? Either jump on the lexux bandwagon or be banned?

Does anyone sense Big Brother???

Seriously, that's what it comes down to.

Again, I crossed the line a little more than the other guy who started this thread but I was really talking car facts. That's it. I've seen other guys come into MBWorld and start in on the reliability of MB cars and other stuff but (to my knowledge) they weren't kicked out for speaking their mind.

Unless you say good things about Lexus cars in the ClubLexus, your gone! Until someday they have nothing but Lexus loyalists living in their Lexus world.

Last, I have nothing against Lexus. I think they make a fine car! I have issues with the moderators in that forum.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Guest0001

That was absolutely pathetic. Talk about Low Self Esteem plus I didnt get picked when my hand was raised in high school plus Im an A$$hole mod and I can do the F*ck I want.

*******g losers.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:48 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey nickerz....now i don't feel so bad!
you got banned in 7 posts.
i doubt that can be beaten!
i like you believe that Lexus makes a quality autombile but
yet is not on par with the German makes on many levels.

i mainly got banned for posting similiar information......
sales figures of both
MB and Lexus. during my posts i made reference to
the origin of a lot of Lexus products. i also pointed
out that without the rebadging of Toyotas the Lexus
line of cars along and their volume of sales was
small and low. i myself was actually surprised by the
numbers especially since Lexus always recieves free
press for being the No. 1 luxury brand. in the end it
turns out that without rebadging toyota Camry's, Forerunners, Landcruisers, and Highlanders Lexus wouldn't even
come close to that title.

but...in the end lets try to get a long with the pro Lexus
crowd. it makes for lively debate and a very aggressive
auto industry in terms of competition.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:07 PM

ML350 '06
S55inPA,

It's true. I'll be looking at getting an RX330 for my girlfriend so I do like Lexus.

Hope everyone had fun reading my only 7 posts until they gave me the boot. Those mods are really up tight.

Nick
Old 02-08-2004, 06:08 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

i just clicked on Nickerz link to Club Lexus.
the last post by the moderator was in my
opinion very very inaccurate. hey...basically what
happended was they just didn't like what i had to say regarding Lexus sales. it's as simple as that. after posting at MBworld
and Club Lexus....... i found out
pretty quick that MBworld is a very open minded place
for all auto enthusiasts. the moderators at MBworld do not
feel the need to protect their members when a lively
debate opens.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:32 PM

Lexus GS 450h
I went ahead and tested this out so I signed up last night @ clublexus and started talking. I was a little more bold and here's what I managed to do in just an hour or so when this guy was bragging about "romping" BMW's w/his IS300.
S55inPA started this thread 11/13/04, it is 3 months later dude, what is your issue?
So basically at club lexus their moderators have a policy of censorship? Either jump on the lexux bandwagon or be banned?
We have forum rules and we are there to enforce them. Rarely is there a complaint. The forum is not public, it is privately funded, so the owners can technically do what they want. But that never is the case. Only when somebody with the I.Q of a golfball decides to come over and "test" moderators. What kinda crap is that? How about testing a cop, or a judge or getting in jail and testing someone there? Don't waste your talent.

Testing people on the internet isLAME as one can get and that is why your butt is .

And it is beyond me how this thread which now is not a debate but trouble, is still open.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Quick Reply: Banned at Club Lexus!!!