Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Banned at Club Lexus!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Old 01-23-2004, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
And if many of the owners I've read here on this thread are any indication of the type of community, Im not sure I want to be associated with it. I know that there have to be a lot of good people here not on this thread, but the immaturity and lack of intelligence is overwhelming.
Don't let the door hit you in your $%#, dude
Old 01-23-2004, 07:07 AM
Guest0001

Originally posted by MadManAboutTown
Don't let the door hit you in your $%#, dude
Old 01-23-2004, 07:34 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
bmw 540tx,

i don't know which threads you read at clublexus or didnt' read. but i will help you out with some info. what really upset them was when i posted sales volume between the two brands. it seems that the posters didn't like to discuss anything of a negative nature about lexus. that's just plain silly. so they banned me which was even more ridiculous. and i didn't walk away from the fight. i still believe that the topic was worth discussing and many on these boards agree with me. what good is a forum without any vigorous debate? i post at a few other auto related sites and have never run into such closed minded moderators and posters as that which at exists at clublexus.

you have 8 posts on mbworld and already you are insulting it's members. it's obvious you have a hard time accepting an opinion or viewpoint that differs with your own. at least i was a participating member before i ruffled anyones feathers. but...you got lucky...nobody at mbworld is going to be so insecure as to try and have you banned. so...welcome!

Last edited by S55inPA; 01-23-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by bmw540tx
Wow, I can't believe I just read this whole thread.

Too sensitive? I know Im new here, but who started this massive thread whining about being banned and has kept it going with various 'boo hoo' nobody wanted to listen to me talk about MB on the Lexus forum? Please, you seem to be MR SENSITIVE, lol.

I read what you posted on the Lexus link - you were arrogant to a lot of people. But it doesn't look like you were banned for that at all. In fact, you were on that forum for six months posting stuff like that and nobody stopped you doing it or censored you. Only when you kept fanning flaming on threads where the mods were asking you to stop were you given the boot.

Its your own fault you got banned because you couldn't walk away from a fight, IMO you need to grow up and get over it. Going onto another forum and pissing on their cars is not cool. On every other forum I belong to you would be called a TROLL.

Im really not trying to be one of those here... came to read about some of the new AMG stuff which Im very interested in next year. But the attitude here is pretty shocking, so close minded. I can't believe you all just bag on other car brands like this all day long in this thread. MB's aren't THAT good to be so haughty and superior. Yeah, they're doing some amazing stuff with AMG performance right now, but the model lineup is too broad, the quality is suffering (both big and little stuff) nearly across the board. And if many of the owners I've read here on this thread are any indication of the type of community, Im not sure I want to be associated with it. I know that there have to be a lot of good people here not on this thread, but the immaturity and lack of intelligence is overwhelming.
Well put.

Like I stated before,
You dont get it? You done come into another man's home and talk negatively about his belongings and expect him to treat you with respect.
I mean c'mon. You go to CL and you start talking about how Lexus isn't MB's equal... and now you want CL to love you unconditionally? If I came to MBworld and started talking smack about MB (which would be stupid since I own one myself) you would be a little at me. Admit it you would. No one in the right mind would be happy when someone goes around flaming something they bought with their hard earned money.

you: Hey check out my new XXXX watch!
me: Yah too bad it doesn't compare to my XXXX watch which yours doesn't even compare to.

How would you feel? NOT HAPPY. I seriously don't see what was accomplished by posting those sales figures. To show Lexus isn't MB's equal? Again, I don't see what's accomplished there. Honda out sells Ferrari... so I guess Ferrari needs to catch up to Honda eh?
Old 01-23-2004, 11:11 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
that's a distorted synopisis of what my threads were about. i was posting at CL for months. when i posted a thread that rubbed some people the wrong way they over reacted instead of engaging in a useful dialogue. look at the nonsense that gets posted by people who hate MB's on Mbworld on a daily basis. most of it can be summed up like this....."i have a lexus. i paid less than you and my car is rated better at jdpowers blah blah blah". it's the same old napoleonic crap. get over it...most people consider Mercedes Benz's to be far superior to Lexus and i am one of them. but...i believe you have a right disagree...and even post your opinion over and over if you wish. and nobody is going to go crying to a moderator to stop you.

"how would i feel".....you bash MB in every post....it does't bother me a bit. why would it? i'm not the one driving a Lexus!

and "what was accomplished posting those sales figures"....a lot. Lexus sales are more than 50% rebadged toyotas. is that a luxury car company??? no way. it is near luxury. when ever i read that Lexus leads the luxury car segment in sales i have to laugh!!!
it should be called Toyexus....or .....Lexota!!!

i guess the bottom line is that when most people visit at a site they only want to discuss positive topics to reinforce their decision to purchase a particular brand.

and you used abad analogy.....i would certainly say that MB and Lexus are more similiar than honda and ferrari...that's pretty simple.

Last edited by S55inPA; 01-24-2004 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:53 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

here is a link to club lexota.
it seems that....oh my gosh...they do break down...who
would have thought!!

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1

and another one

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...threadid=52616

Last edited by S55inPA; 01-24-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by S55inPA
hey guys,

here is a link to club lexota.
it seems that....oh my gosh...they do break down...who
would have thought!!

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1

and another one

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...threadid=52616
Of course they do.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I was framed: S55inPA didn't make fun of Lexus'. He said the truth and it just came out a little awkward. From what I see he posted sales figures and offered his opinion. The enviroment is a magnitude different here then at Clublexus. If you did the same thing to the mbworld members we'd be like; ha, damn.

The different feelings which belong to a Mercedes owner and Lexus owner are a world apart.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:29 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
This entire thread is so stupid. I have a W211 and an ES300. Both excellent cars.

Some folks on each board are an embarassment to their marques.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by lig
This entire thread is so stupid. I have a W211 and an ES300. Both excellent cars.

Some folks on each board are an embarassment to their marques.
Yup. Especially those who think high and mighty about themselves.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

lig: if you don't mind, which W211 and what year is your ES300?
Old 01-24-2004, 11:11 PM
Almost a Member!

S55inPA: Notice most of them are MINOR rattling problems that got fixed. I've already faced the fact that MB has more reliability problems than Lexus. What removed all doubt was when my xenons shut off while driving, half way to Vegas. None of the MINOR problems up until then, the burnt fuses, the stubborn locks, or the buttons that refused to serve their purpose added up to that.

You know S55inPA, I took psychology before so I know a thing or two about the human mind. I'm not a psychologist or anything but this is what I think. The only reason I'm directing this towards you is because this is your thread. This however, goes to a lot of people on every car discussion board all over the world.

I think your actions are and was a product of your insecurity. You're uncomfortable with the current position of Lexus and what they're doing. With Lexus, you can get a car for less than 63K while MB charges a premium for 83K which also comes with a host of problems. While I was studying psychology, we studied our actions as a result of what we think. People are more likely to speak out when they are uneasy about a controversial subject that directly applies to them (in this case MB and Lexus). If a person were completely at ease about the topic at hand, they are most likely to NOT voice off, in this case the Lexus is not MB's equal. You have voiced off your opinion in countless places and I feel this is because of your insecurity. Whether this was subconscious or not I don't know. Even though you acknowledge that Lexus makes good vehicles for the money I still think you are in denial. Again, whether this is true or not I don't know.

Again, I don't mean to offend you and I apologize if I did but this is what I have concluded from reading your thread and your other posts (both on MBworld and CL). If you're truly at ease at the fact that Lexus is not MB's equal, why would you feel the need to voice it off? Well anyways you're the judge of yourself and you know yourself than anyone in this world. Only you know the answer.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by I was framed.
If you're truly at ease at the fact that Lexus is not MB's equal, why would you feel the need to voice it off? Well anyways you're the judge of yourself and you know yourself than anyone in this world. Only you know the answer.
I too apoligize if I have made any personal remarks to anyone.

With that out of the way, it's not that we (yes I'm pretty sure we, or the majority of my friends here) are insecure, but the fact that we wish to educate the masses that see these forums. It is not just members who account for the 3882 views on this thread, but probably many non-registered viewers and people on the edge of buying a Mercedes who might've gotten referred to this thread from other message boards. Of course, like you said, only we know why we do the things we do.

A little off topic: With your psychology class skills, can you tell what kind of person I am? Just interested in these kinda things.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Vraa... you're a kid with too much time that lives in Texas that's going to die a quick death!

No I'm just kidding. To get a perception of what a person is like you should have contact with them. You can really tell what a person is like by the way they convey themselves (verbally, physically, etc.). We also use inkblots to "break the ice" to get an idea of how a person's mind thinks.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Vraa... you're a kid with too much time that lives in Texas that's going to die a quick death!

No I'm just kidding. To get a perception of what a person is like you should have contact with them. You can really tell what a person is like by the way they convey themselves (verbally, physically, etc.). We also use inkblots to "break the ice" to get an idea of how a person's mind thinks.
Ah crap you're right, I knew taking the SL for quick 100mph+ spins wasn't a good idea! haha
Old 01-25-2004, 09:11 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey freud give it break.

i'm not sure if anyone has noticed this but i never
attack anyone personally. i talk about cars. that is what these forums were intended for.

to even think
that you can discern a poster's personality is
completely narcissistic on your part. one of the reasons this thread was started was to point out the vast differences in attitude between the two boards, brands, and posters.

these boards are for the voicing of opinions. pro and con. not for pseudo science practitioners of the dr. phil ilk.
so when it comes to my insecurities....and i'm sure i have a few but i can assure you one of them is not lexus or what any other car company is manufacturing. just an observation...you are posting on a MB forum??? if your philosophy had any credance you would be the one with the insecurties.

let me add this....i've owned 13 japanese made vehicles. toyota, mitsu, honda. i'm a fan of cars in general not just MB's. if you took the time to check my profile you would find that i currently drive an M5...and a GMC P/U.

i have to wonder if you intiated this personal attack on me because you can't convince me and the other posters to agree with you. Maybe by attacking me with some semi intellectual prose you feel you can reestablish some credibility on these forums. just a thought.

lets show so some maturity and stick to discussing cars.....that is after all....... what we are here for ...right?

Last edited by S55inPA; 01-25-2004 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:07 PM

2004 E500
You know S55inPA, I took psychology before so I know a thing or two about the human mind. I'm not a psychologist or anything but this is what I think. The only reason I'm directing this towards you is because this is your thread. This however, goes to a lot of people on every car discussion board all over the world.

I think your actions are and was a product of your insecurity. You're uncomfortable with the current position of Lexus and what they're doing. With Lexus, you can get a car for less than 63K while MB charges a premium for 83K which also comes with a host of problems. While I was studying psychology, we studied our actions as a result of what we think. People are more likely to speak out when they are uneasy about a controversial subject that directly applies to them (in this case MB and Lexus). If a person were completely at ease about the topic at hand, they are most likely to NOT voice off, in this case the Lexus is not MB's equal. You have voiced off your opinion in countless places and I feel this is because of your insecurity. Whether this was subconscious or not I don't know. Even though you acknowledge that Lexus makes good vehicles for the money I still think you are in denial. Again, whether this is true or not I don't know.

Again, I don't mean to offend you and I apologize if I did but this is what I have concluded from reading your thread and your other posts (both on MBworld and CL). If you're truly at ease at the fact that Lexus is not MB's equal, why would you feel the need to voice it off? Well anyways you're the judge of yourself and you know yourself than anyone in this world. Only you know the answer.
I can't believe I just read this on a car forum. Give us a break - keep the discussion to the topic at hand, and if you feel like you need to psycho-babble, do it via a PM instead.

Incredible.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah its pretty lame what these lexus owners talk about to get attention. What you guys dont realize is that these sort of discussions go on over at club lexus all the time
Old 01-26-2004, 06:37 PM
lig

Originally posted by vraa
lig: if you don't mind, which W211 and what year is your ES300?
Hey vraa -

03 E320 (debadged) black/stone 18" chrome AMGs

92 ES300 151K on the clock and counting... Emerald Jade Green - black

MSW 16's Eibach springs.

The Benz is the better "head turner" but the Lexus has been unbelieveably good car. I'm also lig on clublexus.com

I do have a few pics of my E320 on this site... pm if you want to see 'em or do a search on this forum for "rooftop pics".

Last edited by lig; 01-26-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Isnt the 92 es300 the exact same as the 92 camry?
Old 01-27-2004, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Red face Speechless

You know... I took psychology before so I know a thing or two about the human mind.
!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 05:40 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Yeah its pretty lame what these lexus owners talk about to get attention. What you guys dont realize is that these sort of discussions go on over at club lexus all the time
If I recall, 100% of these threads are started by Benz owners. On our forum, they are rare and we end up closing them right away. Of course a Lex owner talking about Benz in a derogatory matter is going to cause issues on a Lex forum if a Benz owner(s) reads it. So we close em to prevent a flaming discussion.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:14 PM

2004 E500
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
If I recall, 100% of these threads are started by Benz owners. On our forum, they are rare and we end up closing them right away. Of course a Lex owner talking about Benz in a derogatory matter is going to cause issues on a Lex forum if a Benz owner(s) reads it. So we close em to prevent a flaming discussion.
Sounds like a good approach to me.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:37 PM
lig

Originally posted by J Lucas
Isnt the 92 es300 the exact same as the 92 camry?

It's been a fantastic automobile. Are you so hung up on badges that this matters to you?

The interior is nicer - the drivetrain is mostly the same. The basic chassis is built on the same platform but suspension components are tuned differently.

There is additional soundproofing - The styling is similar, but not identical. The interior has upgraded materials. The warranty is (was) better. The dealership experience has been terrific.

Anything else you'd like to know?

I really don't understand why some of the more ignorant members of this board constantly attack Lexus.

The funny thing to me is that the worst offenders are usually C-Class owners or guys who don't even own a Benz.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:32 PM

2002 C230K, Auto, etc.
1992 Camry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lig
[B]It's been a fantastic automobile. Are you so hung up on badges that this matters to you?

The interior is nicer - the drivetrain is mostly the same. The basic chassis is built on the same platform but suspension components are tuned differently.

I really don't understand why some of the more ignorant members of this board constantly attack Lexus.

I SINCERELY hope your 92 Lexus is better then MY 92 Camry LS which was purchased NEW in April 1992.

With only 86,000 on the car I've had to replace all the struts, Replace the motor mounts, replace the rotors, reinstall the exhaust before it fell off and replace both front half shafts. The body creaks and moans over bumps. The tranny's shift up to 4th gear is a thump and even worse than the Honda which I thought was the worse of all the cars I've owned.

The car has received normal care meaning the oil is changed by the book as is the tranny fluid, etc.

The car is my work car as I let the wife drive the Benz to hold down the miles. I drive it five days a week and the only good thing I can say about it is it starts every morning......enough said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Quick Reply: Banned at Club Lexus!!!