Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

One hard job - MB service advisor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One hard job - MB service advisor

I have to admit, that being a service advisor for MB must be one tough job....After the numerous complaints we all have, not just our C's but other models as well, along with the *****ing, and arguing, these people must be stressed out at the end of the day...Do you think some of them just wish Benz's had a little more quality to them than they do now to avoid un-happy customers?
Old 01-09-2004, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Re: One hard job - MB service advisor

Originally posted by c230pete
I have to admit, that being a service advisor for MB must be one tough job....After the numerous complaints we all have, not just our C's but other models as well, along with the *****ing, and arguing, these people must be stressed out at the end of the day...Do you think some of them just wish Benz's had a little more quality to them than they do now to avoid un-happy customers?
Either way you couldn't pay me enough to deal with customers who buy $100,000 cars. In my experience most people who have that kind of money tend to think the world is thiers...of course there are exceptions, but like I said I wouldn't want to work with them to fix their cars.

Erik
Old 01-09-2004, 01:41 PM

C230Kompressor
Re: One hard job - MB service advisor

Originally posted by c230pete
I always tell mine that unless MB starts building better cars, he's got the most secure job in the auto industry!

The Maytag repairman, he ain't....
Old 01-09-2004, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Talking Some good advice...

c230pete hit the nail on the head. Being a service adviser IS a really hard job, partly due to the reasons that have been mentioned, but for many others as well. Having worked in the service end for some time, I've learned that it's a really good idea to "grease the wheels" at your local dealership. Be known by your dealership. Always be friendly, always be polite, and always be understanding. If you don't do any of your own maintenance, always go to the same dealership and try to go to the same adviser. Be sympathetic to their troubles. You'd be surprised how far something as simple as that will go. Bring in coffee and donuts the next time you bring your car in. I have. They'll love you for it. Believe me, if a questionable warranty issue occurs, they'll be on your side. Your chances of getting any "goodwill warranty" work will be much higher. If your new SuperPowerBooster doohicky breaks something in your engine, the chances of them looking the other way are better as well. It's just a really good idea to get cozy with your local dealership.

Most people treat the dealership personnel like dirt, and I promise you that they'll remember you and take really good care of you if you've "greased the wheels" properly...

Best regards,
Matt
Old 01-09-2004, 08:15 PM

190 2.3 and C320
My service advisor at Euromotorcars in Bethesda just upped and quit one day. He was replaced by another advisor who has experience with BMWs.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
The service advisor i worked with for about 2 years now quit and left. I didn't know this until I called and asked for him because i needed service. He took care of me when I had repairs and service, but now i gotta find another advisor and start a new relationship

-G-
Old 01-11-2004, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by GDawgC220
The service advisor i worked with for about 2 years now quit and left. I didn't know this until I called and asked for him because i needed service. He took care of me when I had repairs and service, but now i gotta find another advisor and start a new relationship

-G-
Viti!!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally posted by AlBoston
Viti!!!!
LOL...but it's like 80 mile round trip. Don't u ever get that thought in the back of your head that they may push the car? floor it everytime? Drive it like a racecar? You know what I mean Al?

How long have you worked with them? What are their labor rates and all that good stuff?

Thanks Al...if u give me good answers :p, I may try them next time I need service

-G-
Old 01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
..........I think that what makes the interaction really hard is that the adisor is a go-between......between the customer and the mechanic. I understand that if the mechanics were talking to customers all day, they will not get anything done. Pergarps it will be more useful and less stressful if the service advisor is a mechanic. This way you can actually have an intelligent conversation. Currently, the customer gets second info from the mechanic via the service adviser and the service adviser relays second hand info from the customer to the mechanic. ......this system is prone to all kinds of problems. Atlanta Classic Cars are not perfect by any means, but I have had much more success with them. The service adviser there often talks to the mechanic in my presence, I can overhear what is being said and also contribute and all three of us make sure we are on the same page before the end of the conversation. Works wonders! But don't expect this from RBM.

Ted
Old 01-13-2004, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
My service advisors are ok, but they seem oddly robotic. Also, I could walk up and talk to one at length and 2 days later they seem to have no recollection of me whatsoever. I realize they deal with alot of people all day, but...
Old 01-13-2004, 02:52 PM

SL500
RBrenton88, I hear ya! I can't believe some of the conversations I have with my advisor. They're all very nice but sometimes they will tell me things while at the dealer and then call me 2 hours later to tell me the EXACT same things, very strange.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
I know all the service adivsors here by first name and for the most part, they're cooperative and nice. When it comes to repairs, warranty work on mine, they're cool, but if I ask them anything about "will this void my warranty" they seem to have no answers. It's weird, but I guess to be expected.