Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Audi Vs MBZ Vs BMW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too broad to be worthwhile

I don't think it is useful to rank the makers across the board, including all model types. I think it makes a lot more sense to decide first which type of car you are after, for example, small luxury sedan, then decide your ranking. No one is mentioning Acura - I happen to really love Acura right now. Anyone consider the TSX before getting an A4, C, or 3?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:29 PM

I saw a TSX for the first time yesterday. What is that a 4 door RSX? It doesnt seem too luxurious.

BTW

Im glad everyone is enjoying this thread.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Re: too broad to be worthwhile

Originally posted by johnmarco
I don't think it is useful to rank the makers across the board, including all model types. I think it makes a lot more sense to decide first which type of car you are after, for example, small luxury sedan, then decide your ranking. No one is mentioning Acura - I happen to really love Acura right now. Anyone consider the TSX before getting an A4, C, or 3?
Agreed, but it's a fun mental exercise anyway.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:06 AM

yes it is a fun exercise ... no argument there

The TSX is actually based on the euro honda accord, whereas the RSX is a spiffed up civic. I think the TSX would hold its own luxury wise with the a4, c, or 3. perhaps not symbolically though ...
Old 04-14-2004, 02:23 AM

agreed
Old 04-14-2004, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
The TSX is bare bones. Its a 4 banger, with no real appointments in it other than NAV at an extra cost. I don't think it would rate against any of the top three's mids. It doesn't get a ton of exposure. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:04 PM

tsx continued

yeah, with the 4 cylinder that makes it not really in the same class, I agree with that.
interior wise, I checked it out at the auto show earlier this year, and really liked it. it has an ascetic feel to it that appeals to me. but that makes it precisely non-luxirous. rather, it felt essential. guess i'm backtracking. why I don't I just say this: i like the car!
Old 04-14-2004, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Well said.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Re: tsx continued

Originally posted by johnmarco
yeah, with the 4 cylinder that makes it not really in the same class, I agree with that.
interior wise, I checked it out at the auto show earlier this year, and really liked it. it has an ascetic feel to it that appeals to me. but that makes it precisely non-luxirous. rather, it felt essential. guess i'm backtracking. why I don't I just say this: i like the car!
I like the TSX and other Acuras, too. I went with my friend to test drive both the TL and TSX. I liked the TL, but thought it was a bit too luxurious and sedate. My friend was the one driving, and he said it was plenty powerful for him. The TSX felt better to me, but then he complained about the lack of power. I thought he was dumb to test drive the TL first, but oh well...
Old 04-14-2004, 02:52 PM

yeah that must have been a bit of a letdown.
start with the whites, then progress to the reds ...

I wonder if anyone knows if acura will add a v6 to the tsx lineup. it seems like they would almost have to. maybe next year?
Old 04-23-2004, 08:51 PM
Guest0001

Thumbs down

No to Acura! No bland, front wheel, 4 banger for me.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:30 PM

i completely understand disqualifying the tsx for the 4 cylinder, that seems pretty lame to me on acura's part. you could go TL I guess, but it sounds like you're entirely disinclined to go acura anything. i respectfully disagree with the "acura = bland" notion, however; as i said above i quite like their interiors ...
ciao