Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Audi Vs MBZ Vs BMW

Old 02-23-2004, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi Vs MBZ Vs BMW

Do you guys respect Audi and BMW or do you feel they are inferior cars? Please explain yourself, thanks.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:21 AM

Lexus GS 450h
I feel
1. Benz
2. BMW
3. Lexus

Then there is everyone else in an order I could care less about (Caddy, Lincoln, Audi, Infiniti, Volvo etc).
Benz has the heritage, the huge product lineup, and technology. I prefer them to make expensive cars and not the cheaper ones.

BMW is 2nd and closing the gap but they are introducing too many new cheap cars (1 series, 2 series) that cheapens the marque. They offer fabulous cars and are the sport sedan standard.

Lexus kinda fits in-between (sport and luxo cars) and offers cars that don't all look alike, reliability, dealer service that is uncomparable as well as SUVs galore. They are not a sub 30k brand.

Audi makes great cars but even they lost the AWD advantage, since Benz offers it as does BMW and Lexus will offer it in 2005. Their interiors are no longer so far above the industry. I won't say they are inferior though. Just don't provide a convincing argument to buy over the previous 3 brands.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:30 AM

O, So you are a Lexus guy... Im a Euro guy, I appreciate German vehicles. To me a Lexus is just a nice Toyota, I like MBZ, Audi, BMW, and Porsche. Lexus is still good, but I prefer the other German cars. I had a C Class W202, I recently got the new Audi A4, and I love it! I was going back and forth between the 3 series and the A4. I made that right decision, I based it on research and Im confident I made the best choice for me. I made an educated purchase, I know enough about all the competitive cars, to make me feel satisfied about my decision.

I think depending on which class or range of vehicle you are shopping for. Certain manufacturers are better than others, these are my choices:

entry level
A4 ---- over the C Class - A4 is perfect mix of Luxury and sport performance. Study the 3 Series and the C Class, the A4 is a combination of both. Truly it is, performance wise and style wise.

mid range level
New 5 series BMW over the E Class or A6, sorry guys...

high range level
S Class over the 7 series or A8, thats the MBZ...

Yes or No? What do you guys think? These photos were done in Photoshop, just to show the AMG wheels look.

Last edited by thegentleMAN; 02-24-2004 at 04:35 AM.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C 320 CDI 4M W204 / C43 AMG (W202) / C 220 CDI T (S203) / ZX-10R Ninja
Well I prefer MBZ cars. I had a Audi S3 with 290 HP and lots of mod. But I missed something I can't say what but I just missed something. My dad want's the new A6 station wagon but I don't like the new one!

BMW are beautiful cars to but my hart beats for MBZ.

thegentleMAN: are these AMG rims on your Audi A4
Old 02-24-2004, 04:37 PM

I just Photoshopped that pic, so I know what they would look like. I have those AMGs left over from my old C Class, I wanted to put those on my A4, I have plain center caps. What do you think? I dont want to buy new wheels, I have them for sale in the classifieds though.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
IMO:
1.BMW
2.MBZ
3.Audi
Old 02-25-2004, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thegentleMAN

It looks cool but I don't think you shoud put MBZ AMG rims on a Audi.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:12 AM

Really? I know AMG is an MBZ tuner, but putting it on another Euro in the same class, isnt as bad as putting AMGs on a Honda. I had these wheels refinished and painted 2 1/2 times. So I have invested some money in them. I dont feel like buying another set of wheels if I dont have too. Especially if I have nice classic wheels like those AMGs. I have pics of them refinished in the classifieds section.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's as same bad as putting AMGs on a Honda (that's what I think). I know what you mean but you don't have to buy epensive wheels. What about the S4 wheels and sell the AMG's?

Last edited by Teck; 02-25-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Audi doesn't seem to be in the .. I don't know how to put it. It's not that they aren't worthy, but they just appeal to a different nature.

BMW vs Benz
Benz vs Lexus
Benz vs Porsche

It all works out

But Audi? It just gets weird. They don't follow normal things and such. IMO they seem like a different species.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:26 PM

Did you guys see the pic above? No way is it like putting AMGs on a Honda. I had a C Class before the new A4, I love the new A4! It so much sportier and exciting to drive. Very nice interior better then BMW, MBZ and Audi have some of the best interiors. Well the new BMWs are looking great too. I was going back and forth between the 3 series and the A4, then the C Class. Im so glad I went with the A4.

Audi Vs BMW
MBZ Vs Audi

Euros compete, Audi and BMW are high performance cars with the AWD and turbo charged engines.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:31 PM

2014 E350S4
I consider MB and BMW in a class of their own above everyone else. Lexus and Audi are good for luxury and luxury sport sedan at more reasonable prices, but I don't think they have the same cachet as the "Teutonic Duo," as edmunds.com calls them.

It's not like I wouldn't consider any cars from any marque other than MB or BMW, but I think these two are heads and shoulders above the competition.

I'm about to post an article a friend forwarded me about brand erosion. It's pertinent to this thread in that I'm a little worried about the future of MB...
Old 02-25-2004, 07:46 PM

Truly you are underestimating and undervaluing Audi, I used to have the same exact view of MBZ and BMW as you. I have MBZ, BMW, Audi, and Porsche within the family. Watch out for Audi! Especially Audi 02+ and beyond... Audi and BMW are considered the more sportier luxury euro cars in Europe. Please post that article.

Last edited by thegentleMAN; 02-25-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:55 PM

2014 E350S4
Originally posted by thegentleMAN
Truly you are underestimating and undervaluing Audi, I used to have the same exact view of MBZ and BMW as you. I have MBZ, BMW, Audi, and Porsche within the family. Watch out for Audi! Audi and BMW are considered the more sportier luxury euro cars in Europe. Please post that article.
I recognize that Audi has some good cars. I think the exterior styling is boring and the reliability is suspect, but some could say the same about Mercedes.

Besides, the point I was making is that to me, and to probably a majority of people, MB and BMW are the two most prestigious mass-market luxury marques. Audi is an up-and-coming, but still nowhere close, IMHO.

I posted the article, btw. Sorry, but it doesn't mention Audi. It does, however, talk about how Honda, MB, and BMW are losing their way...
Old 02-25-2004, 08:36 PM

Watch out for Audi! Especially Audi 02+ and beyond... Audi and BMW are considered the more sportier luxury euro cars in Europe. Please post that article.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:46 PM

2014 E350S4
Watch out for Audi! Especially Audi 02+ and beyond... Audi and BMW are considered the more sportier luxury euro cars in Europe. Please post that article.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:26 PM

Can you post the article? Where is it?

BTW
You made a double post...
Old 02-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Guest0001

Audis are pretty cool. I was shopping for a C320 vs 330ci vs. A4 about a year ago.

The A4 drive like a bmw with a nicer interior and a few thousand cheaper then bmw. Exterior somewhat bland though.

Personally I think Audi chases BMW, Just like Lexus chases MB.

I chose my C320 due to luxury, Exterior and interior styling and some sportiness. Though I was not too pleased with the handling which is why I upgraded my suspension

Thought stock for stock Id say the A4 and 330 are more sportier and fun to drive. Though I would take the BMW because it looks alot nicer.

Here is what I think

Benz- Luxury car Benchmark
BMW- Sporty car Benchmark
Lexus- Reliability Benchmark

Audi does not really fit anywhere.

Last edited by Guest0001; 02-25-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:37 PM

2014 E350S4
Can you post the article? Where is it?

BTW
You made a double post...
It's in the General Mercedes Discussion near the top as a thread entitled "rant on brand erosion."

Deleted my double post, thanks for the FYI.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:23 PM

Ok, guys I respect all of your opinions as I hope you do mine. Just watch out for the new Audi models from this point on... Epecially the S and RS models... The S4 is the M3 killer, and the RS6 is an M5 and AMG killer...
Heres a pic of my old MBZ:

I customized it, put a brand new custom suspension, and a few other tweaks like audio and video.

Last edited by thegentleMAN; 02-25-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:53 PM

Heres a pic of the Audi A4 interior
Old 02-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Guest0001

Beautiful man. Audis are known for there nice interiors.

To be honest man, With BMW and there designs coming up and MBs continous downgrade of quality. With Lexus coming with ugly cars as well. Audi seems to be a good choice in a few years to come. An S4 would be sweet, I would definitely look into it If I am shopping for an C55. The New S8 should be extremely promising. I would buy Audi but only their S models.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by Noble C320
Beautiful man. Audis are known for there nice interiors.

To be honest man, With BMW and there designs coming up and MBs continous downgrade of quality. With Lexus coming with ugly cars as well. Audi seems to be a good choice in a few years to come. An S4 would be sweet, I would definitely look into it If I am shopping for an C55. The New S8 should be extremely promising. I would buy Audi but only their S models.
Thats exactly what Ive been trying to say! The S/RS models or the A4, which is the best selling model for Audi. The new A4 is a fun car to drive and comes with a robust engine that has a lot of potential for mods. You get the most for your money with the new A4 too. If you chip the A4 1.8t I heard it makes a HUGE difference. If I wanted to get a higher class car then I would look at MBZ or BMW, like I stated in the first page.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Guest0001

This would be nice right about now.

Old 02-26-2004, 12:26 AM
Guest0001

Thats exactly what Ive been trying to say! The S/RS models or the A4, which is the best selling model for Audi. The new A4 is a fun car to drive and comes with a robust engine that has a lot of potential for mods. You get the most for your money with the new A4 too. If you chip the A4 1.8t I heard it makes a HUGE difference. If I wanted to get a higher class car then I would look at MBZ or BMW, like I stated in the first page.
Yeah its great for the money definitely. It seems to be more exclusive as well. Dont see them too much. Unlike the the 3 series, which i see 800 times a day. I probably seen the new S4 twice maybe.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi Vs MBZ Vs BMW