Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Manhattan Mercedes for Service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E320 4Matic Obsidian Black/Ash
Manhattan Mercedes for Service?

Not sure if this is the best place to post this.... I'm looking for a good dealer in the NY area to service my Mercedes. I bought my car out of state so it's too far to use that Mercedes dealer for service.

Any recommendations? Or bad news? I hear this dealer is one of the best and owned by MB.....that probably doesn't mean much though.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2004, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They are good but they are a bunch of snobs...Dealership is top notch though and they have an SLR and maybach on the showroom floor..
Old 04-08-2004, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
All MB dealers are snobs. The one by me has the SLR and Maybach as well. You can always try Fort Lee, NJ right over the bridge. If you are going to the west side, the dealer by the Javits Center is the closest.

Hope that helps. Call MBUSA, ask for your local dealers and their ratings. That should help you. Don't expect to get a loaner from the dealer as you didn't purchase it there, they will give you a hard time.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the "dealer by the javitz center" is MB of Manhattan...
Old 04-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Originally posted by ldangeli
All MB dealers are snobs. The one by me has the SLR and Maybach as well. You can always try Fort Lee, NJ right over the bridge. If you are going to the west side, the dealer by the Javits Center is the closest.

Hope that helps. Call MBUSA, ask for your local dealers and their ratings. That should help you. Don't expect to get a loaner from the dealer as you didn't purchase it there, they will give you a hard time.
I dont think asking MBUSA for ratings on dealers is exactly the best place to do so, the ratings are probably way off to what customers really feel.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 C280
I found this website when I was looking for service pricing.
I find this dealer has a very reasonable pricing compare to the ones that we have here in Washington DC area.

MB Huntington
Old 04-08-2004, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Lucas, thank you, as always, for correcting me..
Old 04-08-2004, 03:57 PM

Thanks for this info.... I don't think driving to Albany for a loaner car is worth it!! I guess it is time to schedule a vacation while they hold my car hostage for a week or so...

Originally posted by ldangeli
Don't expect to get a loaner from the dealer as you didn't purchase it there, they will give you a hard time.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Where are you located? I know a buddy of mine used to call the SM's like three weeks in advance to get a service loaner. He didn't buy his from there either.. So maybe that will help.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:29 PM

Not a Benzer anymore
MY EXPERIENCE WITH MB MANHATTAN

My Service Manager is John King. I am pretty happy with their service and the wait time for an appointment is about 2 weeks.

BUT BUT BUT

They couldn't fix an a/c heater problem that I had. So I gave Silver Star, in Queens, a call on Friday, my appointment was set for Monday. I don't know why I never called them before. Apparently, some temp sensor was out.

Generally, MB Manhattan was much better. I purchased my car from MB Greenwich and was not treated as a customer should have.

One thing, about MB Manhattan: if you do bring your car in for service and want to be driven to work, you must make sure your name is on the list!!! Do that when you first come in, that way, the van doesn't leave without you.

The worst place for service in the NY TriState area: MB Greenwich. (You can do an search on the Edmunds car forums for this stealership!)...
Old 04-09-2004, 09:52 PM

They have a VAN? Thats cool...is it a G class at least? LOL, just kidding.... How about the MB Service Wagon/ML? How funny would it be when 5 of us get dropped off across the street from their park avenue showroom on the way to work "Oh, all our 60-120k cars are broken" Very supershuttle like....

That is good to know, thanks for the info... I got an appointment within 1 week.... Part of the grocery list is to replace the dash... I hope they don't $%*# this up...I'm sure they have seen a lot of these. The other is the trunk lid rusting around the trunk cylinder and one other spot, I hope they replace this without much grief.... to be honest I am really dreading going in to deal with this after dealing with Jaguar dealers in NJ and the grief they give you over a pristine car...

I figure the car will be there for a while as the service woman said "OMG...hmm".... maybe that helped getting an appointment soon....
Old 04-10-2004, 07:58 PM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
Rallye Roslyn Mercedes.... thats where my family has gone for all out mercedes and bmw's and i would never go anywhere but there