Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Why BMW dealers excel over MB dealers..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2004 | 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Thumbs down Why BMW dealers excel over MB dealers..

I had called 3 MB dealers who are within a 1 hour radius of me to get my 19" wheels mouted and balanced and nobody wanted to give me the time of the day or even bother seeing if it was possible. Then I was reading a pamphlet on the 7 series BMW and i read that it had optional 20" wheels so I though.. hmm.. maybe they can install it.. and I called the BMW dealer who is only 5 mins from me and explained to them my situation and within 1 hour they had my wheels mounted and balanced.. They even did a reverse wheel install because of polished lip on my wheels.. they did a great job and were very courteous.

Only if MBUSA was like that.. even if you spent a **** load of money buying cars from them.. they don't care or support you as an enthusiast.
Old 07-22-2004 | 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
that stinks! I thought u had a good relationship with ur dealer. I have been fairly happy with BMW service thus far (except for damaging my bumper).
Old 07-22-2004 | 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by AMG BRED
I had called 3 MB dealers who are within a 1 hour radius of me to get my 19" wheels mouted and balanced and nobody wanted to give me the time of the day or even bother seeing if it was possible.

even if you spent a **** load of money buying cars from them.. they don't care or support you as an enthusiast.

thats the sad truth about most mb dealers (may not be the case in other parts of the country - ie California, FL, etc.) but the dealers here are just LAME and make u
Its like u committed a crime w/them if you modded ur car - fu*& them !!!
Old 07-22-2004 | 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by moa4r
thats the sad truth about most mb dealers (may not be the case in other parts of the country - ie California, FL, etc.) but the dealers here are just LAME and make u
agreed.

i have a good relationship with the bodyshop. it's the bodyshot that i am not too happy about.
Old 07-25-2004 | 06:24 AM
Guest0001

My dealer isnt too bad. But still snobbish. screw em
Old 07-25-2004 | 07:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMG BRED
I had called 3 MB dealers who are within a 1 hour radius of me to get my 19" wheels mouted and balanced and nobody wanted to give me the time of the day or even bother seeing if it was possible. Then I was reading a pamphlet on the 7 series BMW and i read that it had optional 20" wheels so I though.. hmm.. maybe they can install it.. and I called the BMW dealer who is only 5 mins from me and explained to them my situation and within 1 hour they had my wheels mounted and balanced.. They even did a reverse wheel install because of polished lip on my wheels.. they did a great job and were very courteous.

Only if MBUSA was like that.. even if you spent a **** load of money buying cars from them.. they don't care or support you as an enthusiast.
There is no mercedes rim at 19 inches unless you buy an s-class or similar. So the official policy is AVOID. Mercedes have been doing this for over 100 years and you for how long ? They know a headache when they see one.

Lets see how your wheel bearings go in the long run. Body scraping and other suspension problems. I bet the guy who sold you the wheels didnt care about that.
Old 07-26-2004 | 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by miroj
There is no mercedes rim at 19 inches unless you buy an s-class or similar. So the official policy is AVOID. Mercedes have been doing this for over 100 years and you for how long ? They know a headache when they see one.

Lets see how your wheel bearings go in the long run. Body scraping and other suspension problems. I bet the guy who sold you the wheels didnt care about that.
Old 07-27-2004 | 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally Posted by Noble C320
My dealer isnt too bad. But still snobbish. screw em
where do salesmonkey's come off with having snobbish attitudes?? they make peanuts
Old 07-28-2004 | 12:46 AM

2014 E350S4
Why couldn't you just go to a regular tire shop like Firestone? And don't think MBUSA is less supportive than BMWNA. If you have a problem with a dealer, BMWNA usually leaves you on your own. "BMW dealers are independent franchises" is the most frequently quoted line.
Old 07-28-2004 | 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
Originally Posted by moa4r
Yeah,I guess the dealerships in CA are different, because Mercedes Benz of Fresno's(previously herwaldt motors) service department is very friendly, and when you walk into the showroom or onto the lot, salesmen don't come rushing up to you like mad men, they kindly ask if you need any help, then they leave you alone and let you look at the cars. At Weber BMW here in Fresno, I have seen at least five salesmen at a time actually standing outside, waiting to ambush you lol. just my two sense....