GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Daylight saving time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daylight saving time

Do I need to adjust anything or do I let the system adjust by itself on GL?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
I hope it's easier (like automatic) on the newer cars. When last year's DST went back to EST for me, I think it took me a good 30 minutes to re-set the darn clock (I have a COMAND unit), and I was even following the MBUSA instructions on their website!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
I think in the cars with Sat radio, time is pulled from Satellite. I haven't seen anywhere in my COMAND where I can change the time. I can change the timezone but no way to change time itself. Guess I will find out on Sunday
Old 03-08-2007, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by oknish
I think in the cars with Sat radio, time is pulled from Satellite. I haven't seen anywhere in my COMAND where I can change the time. I can change the timezone but no way to change time itself. Guess I will find out on Sunday
If it doesn't change by itself Sunday, change to Mountain time, then you'll be OK.

OTOH, the fact that you can change the time zone, but not the time, tells me it should change automatically. Why else would it need to know the time zone? It must calculate the time as a variation from GMT off a satellite based on the zone you've manually entered.

Truly great would be an integration of the nav and the satellite. The nav knows where you are, therefore the time zone, and would adjust when you enter a new zone on the fly!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by boxboss
If it doesn't change by itself Sunday, change to Mountain time, then you'll be OK.

OTOH, the fact that you can change the time zone, but not the time, tells me it should change automatically. Why else would it need to know the time zone? It must calculate the time as a variation from GMT off a satellite based on the zone you've manually entered.

Truly great would be an integration of the nav and the satellite. The nav knows where you are, therefore the time zone, and would adjust when you enter a new zone on the fly!
I think all MBs with Nav will change time when entering new time zones. Mine does just that. Pretty cool driving across Hoover Dam and in the exact middle of the dam, the clock moves one hour. The clock has never changed for DST. I have had to do that manually.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
[QUOTE=can drive 55I think all MBs with Nav will change time when entering new time zones. Mine does just that. Pretty cool driving across Hoover Dam and in the exact middle of the dam, the clock moves one hour. The clock has never changed for DST. I have had to do that manually.[/QUOTE]

That's weird. I picked up mine in CA and had to go in to COMAND to change the time zone. It was set to Eastern time zone and stayed there for a whole day till I changed the timezone manually.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Received an email from MBUSA today about setting the time. It lead to following on MBUSA website -

If your vehicle is equipped with the Modular COMAND System (Cockpit Management and Data system) and navigation module, the clock is set automatically via the navigation module. To manually change the time setting, press the Serv button and adjust the time with the Time soft key.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 GL320 CDI, 2001 TJ Rockcrawler, 2005 Scoobie STI
I also received the following email from MZB...

Dear Dan,

We regret that our prior email did not direct you to the clock change instructions for your Mercedes-Benz.

In an effort to assist you with setting the clock on March 11th, we've included instructions below which are applicable to most models. If you're still having trouble setting the clock, please refer to the detailed instructions for your specific model and year in your Operator's Manual.

Depending on your vehicle model, clock adjustments may be performed through your instrument cluster, steering-wheel controls, or through your vehicle's COMAND system. Scroll down to find the instructions for your Mercedes-Benz.

Setting the clock using the multifunction steering wheel — vehicles without COMAND

With the engine running and car in Park, press the Page button (lower left side) on steering wheel until Settings appears in the lower display of speedometer. Do not press Reset at this time.

Setting the hour:
Step 1
Move the selection marker with the + or - button to either the Set Time or Time/Date submenu.

Step 2
Press the /\ or \/ button until the message Time Hours appears in the multifunction display. The selection marker is now on the hour setting.

Step 3
Press the + or - button to set the hour.

Step 4
Press the Reset button in the instrument cluster to confirm the settings.

Setting the minutes:
Step 1
Move the selection marker with the + or - button to either the Set Time or Time/Date submenu.

Step 2
Press the /\ or \/ button until the message Time Minutes appears in the multifunction display. The selection marker is now on the minute setting.

Step 3
Press the + or - button to set the minutes.

Step 4
Press the Reset button in the instrument cluster to confirm the settings.

Setting the clock using the COMAND controls

Step 1
Press the SVC button.

Step 2
Highlight and select System Settings by rotating and clicking the rotary knob.

Step 3
Highlight and select Settings.

Step 4
Highlight and select Date/Time on the settings menu and press to confirm. The menu displays the date and the time with the minutes highlighted.

Step 5
Press the right-hand rotary/button (on newer systems, use the arrows to select minutes or hours). When setting mode is active, the minutes will be highlighted.

Step 6
Turn the right-hand rotary/button to the right. Each click or press will move the time ahead in one-minute increments (on systems without a rotary knob, the up or down arrow is used to adjust minutes or hours; with GPS reception, the time is changed in 30-minute increments).

Step 7
Turn the right-hand rotary/button to the left. Each click or press will move the time back in one-minute increments (with GPS reception, the time is changed in 30-minute increments).

Step 8
To exit the system, press the Back button or hold the rotary/button for more than two seconds (on newer systems press the Back key or OK to save your settings).

Setting the clock for vehicles without COMAND and without GPS

Step 1
To set the hours, pull out the right knob in the instrument cluster and turn it counterclockwise.

Step 2
To set the minutes, pull out the right knob in the instrument cluster and turn it clockwise.

Step 3
To set the clock by a single hour or a few minutes, turn the knob a few degrees in the direction indicated for hours or minutes.

Further Assistance

If you have difficulty setting your clock, please refer to your owner's manual or phone the Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372).
Old 03-11-2007, 07:25 AM

2007 GL450, 2006 Porsche 911, 2004 VROD
It will adjusts itself if you have SAT.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
**** DST. I had to get up at 5 this morning for a golf game. Effectively 4am. I am pissed.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 GL320 CDI, 2001 TJ Rockcrawler, 2005 Scoobie STI
Maybe you should give up Golf

Here in AZ we leave our clocks the same all year long.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Time not reset with NAV

I have NAV and my clock has not reset to the new time. Any suggestions from those of you with NAV that it did reset?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:37 PM

GL450
DST adjustment

It wont adjust by itself. Press the SERV key on the Command Display and press TIME, select the time zone you are in, push and hold OK until it goes into the submenu and check Daylight Savings Time and push OK again and the clock will adjust. Hope that helps.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by trezaei
**** DST. I had to get up at 5 this morning for a golf game. Effectively 4am. I am pissed.
Yes, but you can play until 7PM now!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Mine did not update automagically. Had to go in and change it manually.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by oknish
Mine did not update automagically. Had to go in and change it manually.
Funny. My profile title on my other board is "mathemagician."
Old 03-12-2007, 11:22 PM

2007 S65AMG, 2007 S550 w/ AMG Pack, 2007 GL450 Premier, 2006 S500, 2007 CLS63AMG
The GL's dont do it by themselves. Well, at least mine didnt. It was cool though that when I went into my S550 and S65, they changed by themselves, so it was 2 less cars for me to change. W/E.