GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Weathertech 'Digital Fit' all weather mats now available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 GL320
Unhappy Weathertech

A word of caution when using weathertechs web site, make sure you are getting the proper color when you print out or save your order form.

I ordered liners and mats in Beige. My wife was watching over my shoulder as I ordered and we really looked over the color on their ordering system.

When my order came in the front mats/liners were Black and the rear was Beige.

We called Weathertech and they person stated that this happens all of the time and that people ordering do not pay attention. Of course that went over well!!!
I then replied that if that happens all of the time I would look at changing the web site to ensure colors match throughout the vehicle interior. I even stated that when an interior color mis match occurs the system should prompt the person ordering to ensure they wanted different interior colors. The silence was deafening.

I believe there ordering system is faulty. We had to pay return shipping and then once recieved they will send out the correct color. Not a big deal but we parked the vehicle do to sloppy weather conditions and not wanting to trash the carpets.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 GL450
They are just a bunch of morons there. I ordered all gray, all my paperwork said gray as did my sales reciept and they shipped Tan. I called and they admitted it was their fault and paid for the return shipping and of course re-shipped the right color free of charge.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
I would recommend drivingcomfort.com over any other. You get the same mats and I believe the price is also the same. However, customer service from Driving Comfort is beyond belief.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
Originally Posted by MomsBenz
They are just a bunch of morons there. I ordered all gray, all my paperwork said gray as did my sales reciept and they shipped Tan. I called and they admitted it was their fault and paid for the return shipping and of course re-shipped the right color free of charge.
I guess I need someone to order some more gray ones, get the tan by mistake and ship them to me instead of returning to the seller.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 AM

2011 GL450
Originally Posted by JimBarnhart
I guess I need someone to order some more gray ones, get the tan by mistake and ship them to me instead of returning to the seller.
If I would of know, I just returned the tan ones yesterday! I held onto them until I recieved my replacements. Maybe order yours over the phone, or expect to return the first set
Old 01-12-2009, 02:10 PM

'11 E550 4MATIC, '07 Suzuki SV1000S
Mats for GL

Has anyone seen a set of 3rd row mats that also incorporate the entry point behind/under the 2nd row? I saw a set on Ebay, but they were carpetted and not the all-weather variety. I wasn't too impressed with the MB all weather mats...they serve their purpose, but the all-weather mats my wife has in her Lexus are much nicer...thicker, deeper channels for water/liquid and logos. I'd say they are closer to the Weathertech mats, but haven't seen them in person to compare them.

Just out of curiosity - how stiff is the material used for the digital fit mats. Just thinking if there was a spill is it better to soak it up with rags/papertowels or can it be manipulated to "pour" it over the door threshold without too much of an incident?

Johnny Mo
'09 GL450 Obsidian Black
Old 01-29-2009, 05:17 PM

98 SLK230, 09 GL320
Just received the all weather liners for all 3 rows:
A) liners are the same whether you order from dealerfit.com or weathertech.com. Both are manufactured by MacNeil Automotive. The only difference is dealerfit has Mercedes-Benz label on 1st row liners, whereas weathertech is labeled weathertech.
B) on dealerfit ordering site, it appears that black color is default. If you want grey or beige you might have to call in order...
C) material is quite a bit plasticy and stiff (1st row more so than 2nd and 3rd). but once installed into place, it fits like a glove and you won't ever notice it again.
D) 2nd row liner (1pc unit that covers transmission hump) is a bit short... wish it would extend to cover under the front seats.
E) the other major fault in the design is that 2nd row entry (to 3rd row) is left uncovered and exposed! hopefully, they would remedy this design flaw...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:24 PM

2009 GL450, 06 Triumph Speed Triple, 07 Triumph Speedmaster
Originally Posted by neynhoj
Just received the all weather liners for all 3 rows:

E) the other major fault in the design is that 2nd row entry (to 3rd row) is left uncovered and exposed! hopefully, they would remedy this design flaw...
Totally agree with you on this point. I was wondering why they didn't follow the MB all-weather "mat" template. For some reason I can't find the image that I saw of them that clearly shows that the passenger-side has an extended area where you can step when getting in/out.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:48 AM

2007 ML 500
Originally Posted by MomsBenz
Josey-Wish I would of know that before I ordered mine, LOL! O-well

Mine came in today. Here are pics for those of you who wanted to see. Mine are Ash, so now with Josey's you can see black and gray

Driver side

Second Row

Another view of second row

Third row

And I ordered the cargo area from CANVASBACK and love it, it moves with the third row seats so you never have to take it out!
dealer couldn't give me a straight answer.. but does anyone know if the other soft rubber style all season mats have the same one piece style for the hump ?