GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 07:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CL550
Its related to the topic, how is this spamming? Because its mine, regardless it can help many ? Did you even see it ? It describes what will brake and how much it will cost to fix it, isnt this exactly what every new owner would like to know ? Dont you live in twisted reality ? Im glad this forum is not the only one and on the others its appreciated.

Last edited by petr4271; 01-24-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 593 Likes on 499 Posts
2007 GL450
Originally Posted by petr4271
Its related to the topic, how is this spamming? Because its mine, regardless it can help many ? Did you even see it ? It describes what will brake and how much it will cost to fix it, isnt this exactly what every new owner would like to know ? Dont you live in twisted reality ? Im glad this forum is not the only one and on the others its appreciated.
It's "on topic" to every single thread on here. Plus your video is lousy. Quit spamming it to get clicks.

I saw you also posted in on benzworld; please go there and don't come back.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:49 PM

CL550
Of course its lousy for you because you already know everything in the world right ?
Old 01-24-2019, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 GL450
Of course its lousy for you because you already know everything in the world right ?
I know more than you, my clickbait friend.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 277 Likes on 243 Posts
'08 GL 320 CDI
Video... I didn't look at the video. Honestly, with the way it was presented I thought it might be some type of spam. Especially when I saw that most of your posts had that video in it. From the conversations above, it sounds like it, at least, it may not be spam. I think it would have been received favorably if you would have introduced yourself and told us a little more - maybe even mention that you do receive benefits from people watching your videos, but that the content could be relevant. At least that way everything is on the up-n-up and it doesn't come across as sneaky or underhanded.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:17 AM

CL550
Originally Posted by DennisG01
Video... I didn't look at the video. Honestly, with the way it was presented I thought it might be some type of spam. Especially when I saw that most of your posts had that video in it. From the conversations above, it sounds like it, at least, it may not be spam. I think it would have been received favorably if you would have introduced yourself and told us a little more - maybe even mention that you do receive benefits from people watching your videos, but that the content could be relevant. At least that way everything is on the up-n-up and it doesn't come across as sneaky or underhanded.
That is a good point, will do. Thank you
Old 01-26-2019, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 GL450
Originally Posted by DennisG01
it doesn't come across as sneaky or underhanded.
A member would have started a thread, announcing "Hey guys, I made this video about common problems on the GL. Check it out and let me know what you think."
A sneaky stranger jumps into every thread and says "Here are your answers."

You spam it, you get attacked for spamming.
You post a video pretending to be an authority; you'll get a bunch of guys who are actual authorities jumping on you and putting you in your place.

It may be that Peter's heart is in the right place. He still deserves to get slapped for his two offenses. If he's a man, he'll wince and say, "Yeah, you're right, sorry" and learn from it.

For everyone's info, I stopped watching after I realized the info was not in any kind of useful order, and there were important omissions, and significant errors ($800 for an aftermarket strut?!?).
Old 01-26-2019, 10:45 PM

CL550
Originally Posted by eric_in_sd
A member would have started a thread, announcing "Hey guys, I made this video about common problems on the GL. Check it out and let me know what you think."
A sneaky stranger jumps into every thread and says "Here are your answers."

You spam it, you get attacked for spamming.
You post a video pretending to be an authority; you'll get a bunch of guys who are actual authorities jumping on you and putting you in your place.

It may be that Peter's heart is in the right place. He still deserves to get slapped for his two offenses. If he's a man, he'll wince and say, "Yeah, you're right, sorry" and learn from it.

For everyone's info, I stopped watching after I realized the info was not in any kind of useful order, and there were important omissions, and significant errors ($800 for an aftermarket strut?!?).
I admit well said.
Can't say or judge you as authority, why would I ? Because of 500 posts on your side and 3 on mine ? On how many of those cars did you work ? I did more than 20 just last year, i belive that makes me authority to contribude at least on "most common issues" topic. Of course you could not know that, but just like you cant know that Im NOT an autority for which you attacked me for.

As per prices, of course there is $200USD air strut on ebay, but honestly would you put such a knock off on your car ? I doubt that, another level of proven aftermarket ones that will last at least another 50K is around $600-800 plus shipping.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 GL450
I admit well said.
Can't say or judge you as authority, why would I ? Because of 500 posts on your side and 3 on mine ? On how many of those cars did you work ? I did more than 20 just last year, i belive that makes me authority to contribude at least on "most common issues" topic. Of course you could not know that, but just like you cant know that Im NOT an autority for which you attacked me for.

As per prices, of course there is $200USD air strut on ebay, but honestly would you put such a knock off on your car ? I doubt that, another level of proven aftermarket ones that will last at least another 50K is around $600-800 plus shipping.
https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...ds-2010-212065

Yeah I know you mark your parts up by 25%, but we aren't your customers. Thank God for that.

You mention the separator gasket, but not the housing plugs. That's just weird. The separator can lead to oil consumption, but is less likely to lead to leaks. The plugs leak all the damn time.

Frankly, I think you made that video to scare your customers into buying all kinds of repairs, like the steering rack (wut?!?) and to trick them into paying your overcharges on parts. In that case you'd be better off keeping that video away from the forums, where it will be bashed and picked at.

Or you are well-meaning, in which case you should lurk on these forums and learn about these vehicles. Then make another video and ask the guys here for feedback.