Approved Emissions Modifications Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Just tell them no and to put the old parts back on the car. Upselling repairs seems to be a recurring theme for the dealerships to move their bottom lines when diesel owners go in for the emissions modificaitons.
Happens with the brake booster inspection too.

Step daughter was told needed new brakes all around and rotors were warped. I checked and nothing warped and everything at about half life.

Earlier at a scheduled service at 14 years I asked engine coolant be changed from original G05 to G48. (A year early!) Was asked if I wanted water pump replaced. It’s fine and still is.

When I had CEL for glow plug controller, they suggested 6 new glow plugs as well. That was at least 5 years ago and of course glowplug performance has been perfect. I mail ordered controller ($150) from another dealer with online presence and replaced it myself.

When something is for sure ready for replacement, these suggestions are appreciated. When not needed they are better business bureau stuff imho. I’ve never been impressed by MBUSA … wonder if they care?
Old 11-01-2022, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 GL350
The AEM recall was finally completed just right before the 10/1 dateline to file the claim. My GL350 drives better and out of the limb mode. The CEL came on when I pick it up but went away after a couple of days. Two weeks later it showed up again right before I brought it in for a smog test. It showed no error code on my cheap scanner but technician was able to pick up P13DF-00 (The AdBlue system has a malfunction. There is A General Failure.-Stored) in his APOLLO-D9 scanner. Called SA and left a message and she never call back. I am going to keep calling to make sure they look at it. I hope it is covered by the warranty.

Other than that it drives like before the limb mode, I did notice it uses slightly more diesel (22mpg now vs. 23-24 mpg in city driving). Passing the smog test is the next hurdle, besides waiting for the AEM claim payment.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 GL350
Got my recall check for $3,590. Finally got time to take my car in for the CEL. SA said it was the AdBlue Heater, it's covered under AEM Warranty. Sweet. Not sure what to expect next...