GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Auburn Brown Leather with Dakota Brown Exterior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo, 2020 GLC 63, 2014 Audi S6, 2014 GL63; past 2019 M5 and 2011 E63
Here are pictures of a GL550 in Iridium Silver over Auburn Brown (non-designio though) - so that color combo does exist in the wild. Hard to get much of a perspective on the color contrast from these photos but thought it might be a little helpful. I think it would work pretty well.

Kind regards
Attached Thumbnails Auburn Brown Leather with Dakota Brown Exterior?-04.jpg   Auburn Brown Leather with Dakota Brown Exterior?-14.jpg   Auburn Brown Leather with Dakota Brown Exterior?-15.jpg  
Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL350
Thanks for the pics. It does look pretty good. At this point, I am leaning to the Palladium Silver with the Auburn Brown designo. It's not something I can check out since it is a new color add for 2014, but there are some occasional GLKs with a similar setup. I think it will look similar or even a bit better than the Iridium Silver, but I'm a bit scared not being able to see it.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
08 E63 Arctic White/Black
Originally Posted by patyoung
Thanks for the pics. It does look pretty good. At this point, I am leaning to the Palladium Silver with the Auburn Brown designo. It's not something I can check out since it is a new color add for 2014, but there are some occasional GLKs with a similar setup. I think it will look similar or even a bit better than the Iridium Silver, but I'm a bit scared not being able to see it.
the palladium was available on the X164 GLs, i think MY 2010, 2011 and 2012. for some reason they decided not to use it on MY2013 X166 GL's but it's coming back this fall for MY2014.

in any case, there are quite a few 2010 and 2011's coming back on lease out there so a dealer near you might have a palladium X164 GL on the lot. it's a nice color - kind of like if Iridium Silver and Steel Grey mated
Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo, 2020 GLC 63, 2014 Audi S6, 2014 GL63; past 2019 M5 and 2011 E63
Originally Posted by patyoung
Patyoung

For what it's worth, I am going with the palladium silver over auburn brown for my GL order as well. I think it will be a good combo - if like me you just don't want an all black interior. . .

Kind regards
Old 06-08-2013, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
"Go Blue" is not my thing for the GL exterior.

Of the GL Designo interiors - personally - Black Designo matched with Black Piano Lacquer trim and Piano Lacquer wheel is to die for.

Designo Auburn, with Satin Ash makes a very distinctive interior cabin statement - especially if your personal taste runs to Vuitton or similar in your personal accessory statement.

Dakota Brown exterior - distinctive and "warm" exterior color - you either love it or not.

What is a bit unusual in ownership sense - my daughter has a special GLK originally ordered by MBUSA VP but German working here to his personal spec - probably the most loaded GLK ever - on her end a $61K GLK (yes, Distornic Plus, etc) - not Designo but with with Brown premium leather interior in exterior Iridium Silver - sounds yucky - but frankly a very elegant combo to own/enjoy.

My point here is I would have never thought that silver/brown combo would be as pleasant to own/drive as it really is - wouldn't have struck me that way if I was to build.

With Auburn Designo - distinctive cabin statement with Satin Ash - which I think is buildable - I wouldn't dismiss Iridium Silver as a exterior choice - based on my experience with my daughters GLK

Just my thoughts..
Is Satin Ash only available through designo?
Old 06-09-2013, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
No, check with your dealer - satin ash is a wood option with leather/non-Designo interiors as well.. you either love it, or you don't.. it's a "contemporary" forward look