GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

MB pdf manuals on a Mac need Adobe Reader to display pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL350 ordered
MB pdf manuals on a Mac need Adobe Reader to display pics

Never seen this before but I discovered on a Mac the owner manuals you can download on MBUSA site needs Adobe Reader to display most of the pics. I couldn't figure out why there were blank spaces where pics should be when viewing in Safari, FireFox or even Preview. I then tried opening the pdf in Adobe Reader and all was good, go figure.

I'm still baffled trying to find a Voice control manual. It's not in the owners manual and the comand manual says to "see separate operating instructions". Looking at older versions of the comand manual it has a voice section but not the later versions of it. I suppose it might be in the car using the online comand one but I'd really like a pdf. My parents just got a 2013 ML350 and they did not get a printed voice manual for it. Seems others are in the same boat searching other posts.

Last edited by vertrkr; 05-23-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
What I think I know...

There was a MB corp effort to "streamline" or "thin" the paper manuals as part of the ongoing long term effort to transition to "in-vehicle interactive" manual.

Technically the 2013 COMAND manual on the MB side that file is termed "small" but I have not seen/access to any different/larger file.

1) I have not checked in deeply into the "interactive in-vehicle" manual - it's not really my thing - and the CD that loads the manual into the system cannot be used in PC/Mac to my knowledge.

2) I have pulled the Voice Control pages from a earlier/older manual - from what I see this does apply - don't be freaked by the picture of the E-Class "old style" steering wheel
Attached Files
Old 05-24-2013, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL350 ordered
Thanks, that helps. I can deal with no paper manual but sheesh MB, provide the stinking pdf manual. The in car manual is kinda neat for quick reference but there must be more like me who like to read the whole damn thing when they first get their car.