GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

CarPlay for X166

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gl 500 20013
Hello everyone. Has any of you tried to connect road top to android auto wirelessly. I can’t find any confirmation regarding that. I’m aware that apple carplay can connect wirelessly. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:01 AM

Gl 500 20013
Originally Posted by Momo1020
I finally installed a CarPlay box, I have a 15 GL NTG 4.7 H/K system w/ RES…went with the Road-trip box from Amazon. Big thanks to all on this forum for all the detailed info regarding this topic. After activating AUX in the engineering menu, I was still unable to get any audio but finally resolved the issue after connecting the ground wires from new harness together. Installed a firestick in the CarPlay box during install as the roadtrip box has a HDMI port. Happy to report that the firestick seems to interact well with the roadtrip box using Wifi through my phone via mobile hot spot. Old command system continues to work as it previously did with the RES. Attached is info of the roadtrip box version purchased through Amazon.

Hello momo,
How did you connect the ground wires from new harness together. Please
Old 02-06-2022, 07:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 S65
Originally Posted by cadetdrivr
Obviously I'm assuming you have double checked all the wiring. Once that's complete verify that the little toggle switches on the side of the unit are set properly for your 7" screen. These units are universal for all MB 4.5/4/7 vehicles and there are several different screen sizes in use.

FWIW, here's the English manual for the identical unit from indiwork: http://indiwork.co.kr/archive/manual...NTG4.5_ENG.pdf
Hi the PDF link is now password protected. Could you kindly share the toggle switch diagram and your setup? Did you have the no screen issue resolved with toggle switch or did you have to get any replacement cable?

I have the system recognized by my phone and usb charging but no screen.

Old 02-06-2022, 10:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 S65
Thumbs up

I was able to use the toggle switch setting from this link:
https://f00.psgsm.net/p/894287/carpl...4.5-manual.pdf

Toggle #3 #6 #8 On

And use member cguerrero's steps to get it going: https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w...ml#post8091938
7.7 HU Parameters - AUX - Not Installed
then go to:
7.5 TGW Parameter
Most - ON
Audio Source - External Amp
DAB - not installed
SDARS - installed (this is satellite radio)
UCI - installed (this is Media Interface)
TV Tuner - not installed

then perform a 9.1 System Reset

Many thanks!!
Old 02-25-2022, 08:43 AM

GL 450
Head Units? Advice requested

Mine is a 2016 GL, it has a command NTFA4.5, which I am told is not internet acceptable, instead of going through these bootlegged repairs, if I find a Command Unit 4.7 - 5.1 wouldn't this solve the problem ?

Or open a can of other problems?
Old 04-03-2022, 11:36 AM

Cls550
Originally Posted by 6172crew
I ended up with the road top version from amazon and I get the black screen, in aux but nothing works. I played with the dip switches while waiting for a replay from china. Unfortunately I also have a hazard light malfunction showing on the screen as well. Hoping to get these folks on the whatsup app here shortly.
How did you resolve the hazard light malfunction? I’m having that issue now….
Old 06-13-2023, 04:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 GL63 Eurocharged Stage 1
Resurrecting an old thread but I'm having issues with the Road Top box in my '14 GL63. The box came with no instructions so I did my best with the toggle switches etc and eventually got my screen to switch to carplay etc with the back button. It was working but I noticed I lost my SAT radio option so went back in and installed the setting as per previous comments in this thread. I put everything together and I'm left with either a blank screen or various lines/colors when I try to switch over to the box. I re-rechecked all connections. Any suggestions are appreciated while I'm waiting on Road Tops assistance from another time zone.

And if anyone is having the hazard malfunction warning, ensure you re-plug the small connector back in on the right side of the head unit or there'll be no power going to your hazard/heated seat etc switches.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 GL63 Eurocharged Stage 1
Update on my previous post. If anyone is installing the silver road top box, the dip switch settings are 1 & 8 on, the rest off. Working well now.