GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Help With Exterior Mirror Cover Removal Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 10:18 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG GLS63
Help With Exterior Mirror Cover Removal Please

Hi all

Tried to remove the cover on the right side exterior mirror today but failed, got the glass out and removef the little T9 torx screw on the right hand side then started to work it loose by unclipping from the lower right (looking at it from glass side) and I could unclip it from the underneath and around the front side where it joins the lower plastic cover but thats as far as I could take it, arw there other clips to release around the area where the mirror pivots, felt like the cover was fixed so much that Id have to snap it off, so I stopped.

The cover wasn’t closing up properly at the very outer edge so I wanted to see why, turned out the bracket that the T9 screw goes into was already broken so the cover wasnt actually fastened there, so looks like I need a new one, anyone done this on the GL X166? Mine has blind spot, puddle lights and surround camera so not much room in there to see ther clips etc.

Thanks

Carl
Old 01-06-2019, 08:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 GL350
https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...or-mirror.html

this helped me. I ran into similiar scenario and for fear of doing more damage, abandoned it several times, only to return to the task a few days later each time.. It’s not as easy as it sounds, but if you are very careful, you will get it. (Usually just at the point you think you’re going to break it). The clips are a pretty tight connection.